Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Floors! Could be any room and any style of picking up floors, washing floors, vacuuming floors, etc. Try to focus on all the floors. Make them better than they were before you started.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and how about prepping some art supplies for a project?

Inspiring Thought:
    There have been many circulations of the sap before we detect the smallest sign of the bud. - George Eliot, Silas Marner

For me today:
    • finish blog post and publish
    • school time
    • reading- for school and book club
    • read aloud
    • answer some emails
    • blog work- other items to work on including a podcast
    • take R to choir practice- pick up meds while out
    • jar up chicken broth
    • update school planner
    • school planning- art, history, english, biology
    • play a nice game
    • nature journal
    • vacuum the foyer
    • see if we can get the tree box into the basement

I'm enjoying the sun at the school room table this morning and the house is still quiet. I did not sleep well, so my start is late this morning.

I'm going to focus on school and working with the kids. I've already set up Algebra for today. This kid needs more endurance, but we'll keep chipping at it.

Have a lovely Thursday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

It's bright and sunny and about 50* right now, but we're headed for sleet and 20s by the afternoon. Eek! So all of our out of the house plans are contingent on the roads staying good!

*laundry--finished!
    *ironing--just a pair of pants
    *school
    *oil change
    *Target?--depends on how long the oil change takes
    *swim team
    *Dunkin Donuts
    *volunteering
    *library
    *RAR time
    *clean off kitchen cabinet--a huge clutter collection!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning Ladies,

Thanks for the encouragement regarding my chicken-sagas.

And the pictures. It went pretty smoothly and we got some good shots - yay!

Mindy - It sounds like your incubator party went great! Good job on all the cleaning and decluttering.

HW - I guessed you missed my note to you about that series the other day...If I remember correctly, that was the most graphic scene in the series and the only nudity - i think! However, I did not watch it with the mindset of previewing it for early adolescents. Towards the end, there is another scene where the daughter has breast cancer. I also remember that as troubling but it may have been just the idea of it, not the graphic nature of the program. So, I don't know if that was helpful or not but in my opinion, that was the most intense and graphic scene in the series.

Jen - You guys are doing so great with the RAR challenge - way to go!

I am having a really hard time getting the kids back in the swing of things from break....like pulling teeth!

so far:
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    exercise
    supervised (nagged) morning routines
    sent kids outside to jump for a few minutes before school

up next:
    school
    laundry
    dinner in the CP
    15 minutes in my room
    dust
    dance tonight
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all

Heather -- sorry you didn't sleep well Hope you have a peaceful day to help make up for it!

Jen -- yikes on the weather!
    We have a somewhat (minus sleet) story here -- the high will hit 69 today (and rainy) 69 after all this cold!!! Once it hits the high, it just drops and drops and drops until tomorrow night when it reaches 20 degrees! Yes, a 50 degree drop in 30 hours. That's insane!!!! In North AL, they're predicting a pretty big snowfall -- it shouldn't reach us. But the high on Saturday is 39!!! 69 on Thursday, 39 on Saturday! Insanity!!!

Here:
    * Will this cold ever end?!?!?! I'm doing SO much better, but I am still so full of SNOT it's not funny! Gross, I know, and maybe tmi, but I'm telling you I cannot blow my nose enough. But, it's like there's even more today -- maybe it's the weather coming in and the rain????? I finally broke down and took a Dayquil -- my head hurts with all the congestion. Haven't had that in days! UGH!
    * boys have refilled the wood stack under the back porch. Shouldn't need a fire today but we will tomorrow and over the weekend -- highs in the 30s this weekend. And they stacked some under the pole barn -- Jim intends to kill a pig Saturday morning, and he has to have wood for the fire under his "cauldron" (aka old iron bathtub that he uses to scald said hog (yes, it's already dead) -- he dips the pig, using the tractor bucket -- into the boiling water in the bathtub, then puts it on a work table and scraps it to get all the hair off). Interesting. Once again, we have "watchers" -- people always want to come look/help and see how it actually works.
    * some quick school this morning
    * my mother's helper is coming at 10 -- we'll get the house clean and laundry caught up (not bad on that)
    * I have to run to WM and get a couple of things
    * at 1:40, I have to leave with M. to take her to the eye dr
    * Katie will be home at 3, and she'll take over watching the boys at that point.

* more papers to grade before coop tomorrow
    * figure out Huck Finn discussion topics for tomorrow -- (I finished that book yesterday). I think we're going to talk about banned books and why Twain wrote it the way he did and why censorship is wrong as a whole and while Twain has apparent racism (typical of the time), his ultimate message is the exact opposite, and Jim becomes the most moral, "best" character of the whole book. Interesting stuff. We'll see if the kids got it while reading.

Figure out supper. I'll probably be gone until almost that time. I do have a gift card for a BBQ place close to where I'm going to be. Maybe I'll just pick something up..... That would be nice

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

Y'all, we are unseasonably warm here. That's not a good thing; we really need the cold and the moisture.

We have school yet to do, although we start table time in 2 minutes.

On tap here:

-I want to get the reptiles moved to their new location today.
    -The garage door repair guys are coming to replace the faulty door they installed.
    -Today will be day 3 of the pantry project. I predict tomorrow will be involved as well.
    -We are having company for dinner tonight, and I need to run out and get a few things. Probably need to hit the library while I'm out.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

From yesterday -- y'all were talking about travel snacks. I need saltly not sweet. Chips

Mindy -- I am that mom that says "you stink!"

I had more comments from yesterday but have been texting with my brother and forgot.

Paige -- hope you clear up soon!

Jen -- your weather sounds similar to ours

Angela -- YAY on pictues! Yeah trouble here getting back in routine

Robin -- you are doing great on your project

Heather -- YAY for sunshine! Enjoy!

It is cloudy , very breezy, wet (been raining & fixing to again) and WARM. It is 62*!!!
    I say I'm porch for a little bit this morning.

Suppose to have storms starting in little bit. And rain & storm rest of day & night. The temps will drop to the low 20s during the night then stay there all weekend.

Today:
    • sheets - mine are already washing
    • grades
    • sweep out carport
    • pick a spot & work

Yesterday after stores I cleaned the water coolers and let them dry. Sat them by the door for dh to take. He forgot them
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

AR- RATS! I'm sorry I missed your note on that. Shoot. Because YIKES. It was totally disturbing to me. At least it was a guy and R wasn't watching. But, I will say this. Not long before we watched the remainder of that episode, E was talking to us about current politics. He read an article about how protesters today are given such a hard time by conservatives who are all about the founding fathers and patriotism. At the time, however, the revolutionists were violent and destructive. Seeing the mob mentality portrayed hit me that way. The Boston Tea Party was seen as this big victory, but it was so destructive and destroyed the equivalent of millions of dollars of property at the time. Just an interesting perspective in light of today's politics.

Jen- that is a big weather swing. I think tomorrow is our warmest day before the temperature plunges again and we get some ice. I think that storm will hit here on Saturday. Dan will drive home on Sunday (unless he can come home earlier!).

Paige- I hope your discussion goes well. I will be interested to hear if your students really read the book. My experience with teaching book classes/lit classes at co-op is that most do not- whether or not they've ever read it before.

Robin- Good luck with your projects!

Mindy- Great job having folks over. I love a clean school room!

My sinuses are killing me this morning. I think I need an appt with the allergy guy we are going to see for Isaac tomorrow! I am hoping my nasal spray comes to my rescue. I just took it.

So far:
    • algebra is finished- prepping it early was a win
    • made brunch breakfast sandwiches
    • had a morning meeting- of comedy using our Chromecast.
    • math is ongoing- for the 7th grader. Who is doing four lessons a day since doing work with a calculator. He will overtake my current Algebra kid before long. He also wants to count writing out his own Fred problems as writing for the day. love that kid.
    • washed a pot- but used it immediately
    • answered part of an email- that was over due, but I forgot about the deadline.

Dan is back at his parent's house napping after staying the night in the hospital and taking a shower before going back. RSV it is for his mom. We'll see what happens next.

Right now, I need to focus on my writing that is due today. Then I am free to do other things. Wish me luck!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning, friends!

I slept late and DH helped with morning duty before taking off for some work. He is also going to help with running kids to/fro this afternoon so I can put a priority on rest. When mama's sick, it's not good Really, I am grateful I don't feel worse - just laryngitis (only whispers here) and cough/head congestion, but mostly I'm TIRED.

Heather, sorry to hear about your sinuses. Is your nasal spray a prescription? And, yes, I lived in AK for 3 years. We moved 14 times in our first 10 years of marriage But it'll be 5 years in this house come March. We're both originally from Texas and lived here 25 years before we went nomadic

Jen, we're experiencing similar swings in temp. I guess we should be used to that by now, but what an oxymoron - how do you get used to fluctuating temperatures?! Hope your roads stay safe.

Paige - boo to the snots

Angela, we're right there with you on trying to get back into routine. And this INFJ mom NEEDS a routine

Robin, where do you live? Great job on pantry

Michelle, I have pre-adolescent girls, so at this time, I'm careful with "stink" And they quite possibly don't smell as bad as boys would

So far today:
    • Yoga for when you're sick
    • I put on clothes, instead of sweats because I knew I'd just feel better. Maybe.
    • DH made breakfast
    • watched CNN 10 with the kids **
    • kids cleaned up breakfast
    • they're dancing to reFit now

For today:
    • RAR challenge
    • piano practice
    • some math (??)
    • tutoring this afternoon
    • ballet this evening
    • Roast for dinner
    • Webinar 5pm

**anyone know the best way to watch CNN 10? An app, or just streaming from web browser? I ask because there's always a glitch, like a skip, when we stream from their website...

What I really want to do right now is just sit in my cozy chair and read a book. And maybe work on my journal/planner. I do have some reading to do for the Homeschool Alliance, coaching community I'm a part of. I also want a nap.
    Last edited by Mindy in TX; 01-11-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd11.5, d10, ds8, dd6, dd4.5

Mindy -- yeah difference in boys and girls. Sometimes boys being told they stink is like a badge of honor
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Hello from ....my porch!!!!

Rain has come and gone (for little bit) and sun popped out. 62 & sun ..I had to come out for a bit . I have missed my porch!

So far:
    • school on going
    • swept out carport
    • my sheets washed, dried & back on bed
    • boys sheets washed & in dryer
    • load laundry started
    • fixed lunch
    • washed dishes
    • made tea
    • kitchen & both bath trash emptied
    • grades done & sent in

Swept out carport and tried to dry it some. But blowing rain and humidity made that a waste of time. Our carport is like a sheet of ice when wet. Porch too. At least the porch has some relatively dry spots.