Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Heather, RSV is a nightmare! I'm sorry your MIL is fighting that.

Y'all, I haven't gotten much done. It's kind of frightening. And I am going to have to stop and head to the grocery soon. I will ask Belle, but whether or not she can drive and shop depends upon her pain level. Drat that it's her right ankle!

So, the house is a mess, and we are having company, and I guess I have to be okay with that. I just want the kitchen to be passably clean and to have the food ready.

The good news (at least, in my opinion) is that both soccer and BL were cancelled for tomorrow, so I don't have to drive and sit. I can stay at home and continue work on this project.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

Good afternoon! I was, of course, running late this morning. I should adjust my thinking and decide that is on time, but I'm not there yet.

Today:
    -Bekah woke me up to do Pilates. Grr and yay at the same time.
    -chores
    -laundry
    -bit nails over that transcript. Okay, not really, but did post about in Graduates.
    -headed out to town
    -grocery store to drop off refundables
    -chiro appt for me and eval for Bekah
    -thrift store for jeans for Beks. No luck, but did get a PC oven mitt for .50! Woohoo! Bekah asked for CandyLand for $2.50. I guess ours was chucked awhile ago when pieces went missing and the board broke. I didn't know HOW long ago until I got home and Julianne said, "Candyland? What's that? That sounds like a game I could get behind!" She's 10 and missed CandyLand. I'm a horrible mother!
    -PO
    -dropped Bekah at the library to wait for dance
    -massage appt for me
    -bank
    -back to dance to make payment

Now I'm home and need to start dinner. My plan was meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but forgot to take ground beef out. Need a new plan!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(17), Rebekah(15), Julianne(10), Jonathan(7)and Joshua(3)

Update:
    • worked on my blog post- until it was done. It's a win. I like it best when I like what I've written.
    • wrote out my list for the day- I began with just the one on here
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • filled the bird feeder
    • time out on the porch- I stood with the front door open earlier today and I just spent about ten minutes on the POH. It's about 56* today but windy.
    • talked with R about her class- she has just one more module. Thanks be to God!
    • texted with dh- his mom will remain in the hospital for now

For this season, where things just take longer, I ought to lower my daily expectations. That might more joyful and experience.

I just alerted R to the weather and she is headed out for a walk in her boots. I'm sure she will enjoy it.

I'm going to revisit fresh air as well. Then start thinking about dinner.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Iím home! and a bit jet lagged, but I did get about 8 hrs of sleep, so itís not too bad. Still, I got up at 5:30 am and thatís not normal!

Here are the plans for me today:
    -take kids to school
    -unpack. I brought 4 checked bags and 2 carry ons, so there is a lot of unpacking to do!
    -PTE
    -grocery shop
    -a good start back to school with Hudson
    -pick up kids from school if Iím not to jet lagged.
    -look at homeschooling high school stuff. We are looking at the possibility of brining Wesley home either next year or the year after.

Heather, I looked at some of your blog posts about high school last night while I was sitting at the airport. Iím thinking some project based or unit study or non-text book approach would work, but I feel like I need some kind of scope and sequence or something to make sure we cover everything.

Mindy, what is CNN 10?

Robin, when Iím struggling to keep up with the house and having people over I am for making sure it isnít grimy, even if it is cluttery. So my counters arenít sticky and Iíve swept the floor, but I might have a big pile of laundry and books and papers all over the place. Sometimes that can be refreshing for people anyway.

Shay, Iím terrible about defrosting meat. Itís not an issue for me here though. So much of the meat they sell at the store has already been frozen and defrosted, so I just cook everything within a few days of purchasing it.

Michelle, I have porch envy!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 10

Hey all

It's been a BUSY day.
    Heather -- sorry to hear about your mil
    Lindsey -- glad you're home!
    Mindy -- hope you feel better!

Everyone else

Just all kinds of stuff today. Lots of errand running.
    Did stop by Ross with M. and found her a nice long black sweater with a few embroidered flowers for $4.50 a shirt for $2.50, a winter church dress for $8, and a prom dress for $25 AWESOME!!!! Plus, I found myself a new nice black, open front sweater for $9. LOVE shopping and hitting major sales. I now think she's good with church clothes/sweaters for the rest of the winter!

Eye dr -- yep, M's prescription needs help!
    Sams -- got myself another cardigan (thin, decorative) coral sweater for $12 and picked up easy supper

Trying to get some coop stuff together and help kids with schedules, etc.

SO, Dh was reminding the children -- when we wake up in the morning, it's going to be the high for the day at 47. By noon, it'll be 37, and it just continues to drop until it gets in the 20s. CRAZY weather for AL!!!

We're back to coop in the morning. It'll be busy and full and good

BTW, Heather, I'm expecting the kids in the Am. Lit class to have read Huck Finn (maybe one girl will not have read?). It's a small class, it's a for-credit high school class, and most of the ones in there are responsible and KNOW I'll make them talk and do work on the book. I haven't had that problem with the kids in my coop classes -- most of the ones who bother taking my classes know it's going to be work There are plenty in coop who would NOT bother, but they don't take the for-credit classes. We'll see.

Gotta go. Miles to go before I sleep.....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Lindsey- CNN10 is a news show for middle schoolers and up. Mindy- We use YouTube to see CNN10. The website is difficult to navigate when casting it to the TV. We used to do that through our Wii U.

Update:
    • made dinner
    • took R to choir
    • texted Dan but it was cold while I waited
    • got invited to come into the choir room
    • was strongly encouraged to sing
    • sang- actually did a choir practice
    • mall- to get meds at pharmacy
    • craft store- while we were there and looked at pens and paints. Totally fun
    • back home to text more with Dan

I declined to play games with the kids while I texted with Dan. Looks like there will be a discharge tomorrow and they will move to a new place in their community until strength returns.

Dan was like are you still there? I said you sent me into the choir room. I'm singing. He was like I thought you'd sit in the back and text. I was like you knew if I went in there, they'd make me sing.

However, I kept up and it was a lot of music.

This evening I'm going to look over some plans and catch up on the reading for book club.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Lunchtime check in:
    -packed up Addie's emergency snack and space blanket for school
    -took kids to school
    -filled the car up with gas
    -grocery shopped
    -unloaded groceries
    -called my parents to let them know we made it home safely
    -made a salad for a snack
    -unpacked 4 big bags and a carry on
    -packed up one tote full of the church's sheets and got dh to move them out of my house and into the Sunday school room
    -packed some of the churches blankets into a tote and had dh take them to the Sunday school room
    -wrapped up gifts for the 3 people that took care of our pets, and the 3 people from church that gave us gifts
    -had dh bring down to the church all the treats we brought back for the congregation
    -folded laundry
    -put away all the kids clean laundry. I just wanted it done and didn't want to wait until the kids got home.
    -sorted through Wesley's clothes. He's grown again and got some new clothes this Christmas, so I pulled out a few of the things that were too small and tidied up his drawers
    -Science with Hudson
    -sorted through the mail and brought up our personal mail. Hudson enjoyed opening up the last of his ornaments. We got some really cute ones this year!

Up next:
    -math
    -phonics
    -grammar
    -penmanship
    -hang laundry
    -crash from jet lag
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 10

Hello all

Paige, yippee on the sales!

Lindsey, glad you’re home and settling in.

Michelle, I’ve said it before, but someday I’m going to pop in on your porch

Heather, I also love to visit the craft store. Anytime

Shay about Candyland. We got one for Christmas and my littles hadn’t played either. My “big girls” used to play our Dora the Explorer version and it bit the dust.

Robin, hope dinner with friends went well. I always enjoy being in a house that looks “lived in” but as you noticed, I also want my own tidy when people are coming over.

My kids had a Toy Story marathon today, and FIL and DH helped run the kids to their activities. I took a nap! And I also did math with R. A couple loads of laundry and that’s it. Oh, and the roast didn’t get finished... I had it in the IP on slow cook. Has anyone had success using their IP as a crockpot?? Anyway, DH had to pick up something from “our” restaurant, so it was delicious and free, but FULL OF HEAVY CALORIES. Ah well.

This evening my big girls read aloud to me, and oldest chose her Body Book (the American Girl Version). Anyway, then they wanted to talk... Ahem. I really try to not look uncomfortable about their questions. I’m so thankful they feel comfortable coming to talk to me about literally anything, but it is kinda bittersweet. You know? I feel like DH lucked out because he hardly has to handle any of the awkward conversations.

Gonna watch a show with DH and head to bed.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd11.5, d10, ds8, dd6, dd4.5

I think we are going to have a mess in morning. It is POURING rain and had been for some time. (also windy) And temps are dropping.

Both city & county schools have called off schools for tomorrow.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Mindy -- YAY for nap! I love Toy Story Come on over! Plenty chairs in my porch for friends

Paige -- Awesome deals!!

Lindsey -- glad you made it home safe and you jumped right back into work!

Robin -- hope all went well with food & company

Shay -- boys use to make me play candyland...ALOT

Heather -- texting with Dan
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds