Thread: So sell me....

Default So sell me....

on a membership to RAR Premium!

I know... only I can make that decision. And I do have some personal goals as a librarian and lover / collector of Children's Lit that would make membership seem like a good decision. But I have so far eschewed any monthly 'payment' of online services (no Audible subscription; even our WiFi is free at the moment, due to husband's job), and so I just wonder......

Are many of you members? Do you make good use of the membership and find it worth it for you?
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

I don't even know what it is! Do tell.
    Carol, mom to 22 yo, 21 yo, 19 yo, and 16 yo.
    I don't really care who did it. I just want you to clean it up.

Read Aloud Revival

The premium membership is a lot of fun. The are master classes in there (one taught by me!) on books and kids and all sort of things. She has some homeschool how to like goal setting type stuff.

You get a discount to her store.

There is a forum in there which is fun. People are talking about books.

For me, as a veteran homeschooling mom, it is one of my favorite places on the internet. Lots of young families. Positive stuff. Lots to learn and keep you connected to books.

There are mom book clubs in there. We're reading Pride & Prejudice right now.

Some kid book clubs. And lots of author/illustrator talks with really great people. I would say those are the best part about the membership. The chance to watch well established authors live and interact with them.

There's no harm in trying it out and if you don't like it, don't do it again. Or cancel any time (I think that's a thing).

Of course, I ADORE my Audible subscription and would give up a LOT of other things before I ditched on that.

It's great professional development and since I don't pay for conventions, that is a cost I'd be willing to continue.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Quote Originally Posted by Carol S View Post
    I don't even know what it is! Do tell.
    Carol, Heather gives a pretty good summary. You can access Read Aloud Revival Podcasts weekly for free, and they are encouraging! Sarah Mackenzie has created quite a following with her blog, podcast and membership site encouraging families to read aloud. You wouldn't think a person could keep something like that going for very long, but due to her author access events, constant reviews of books and series on her podcasts, creative approaches to reading aloud and encouraging families, she has amassed quite a following!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

I don't use it nearly as much as I should (perhaps that should be something I work on for the new year...) but I do love it. Like Heather said, I view it as professional development and encouragement. I have never regretted having it!

(I also love my Audible membership! That and RAR are the only monthly things like that I do--not even Netflix or anything like that!)

I'd spend the money on audible before I'd spend it on RAR. I know, I'm a loner, but I'm not a fan.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.