Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Cindy -- glad for done with errands. Praying for safety for th

Dh went into to work this morning...just a few mins late. Said the roads were solid sheets of ice. He was glad he had the frost guard on truck windshield. Out it back on as soon as he got to work
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Michelle- great pictures!

Cindy- enjoy the snow!

Mindy- feel better!

Paige- It's 62* and I have the windows open. GLORIOUS to smell the fresh air! But, we're getting up to 10 inches tomorrow.

Since earlier:
    • vacuumed the foyer- much better!
    • put shoes in cubbies to do that
    • had a load of laundry started- and moved it
    • started more laundry
    • hung up some laundry- both away and on the drying racks
    • did mapping the world with art- Africa was today
    • texted with Dan- looks like she's there another night and there's complications on the move. I hope that doesn't mean he must stay longer.
    • school table was cleaned up- for the mapping art time

I need to grab a bite to eat so we can head out to the doctor. Then I think we'll stop at the mall for new Micron pens. We use them a lot and a few sizes are starting to dry up.

Enjoy your afternoon!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Michelle--- Your boys got the snow they wanted!

Mindy-- I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Heather-- I hope the allergy testing will be helpful.

Angela-- How are you liking the humble habits thing? I considered signing up, but in the end I knew I probably wouldn't get to it. Maybe that's why I need it!

Hello Ladies,

We are on our way to South Dakota and Iím on my phone, so Iíll keep this short. We got up, finished packing, had breakfast and took off. We dropped Frodo off at the kennel and stopped for coffee . I hope we can be a support to my mother in law. I think my in laws are glad the kids are along. This aunt lived in the metro near us until a year and a half ago. She never married, lived alone and supported herself during her working years. We always had her for holidays. My in laws are from this area, so I think itíll be good for the kids to see their old stomping grounds. We havenít been back in quite a while. We are going to show them the roller rink where my in laws first met, so sweet!

The kids are getting along in the van- huge blessing!

Heather- hope your appt goes well! Is this for kidney stones? Iím due for a check- actually a little past due- Iíll get there.

To all those who have snow- glad you are enjoying! We got some yesterday, but now itís too cold to enjoy again.

- - - Updated - - -

Shay- I hope you get your skype issue figured out!

Heather- I re-read your post- hope I15ís appt goes well!

Michelle- glad your boys had fun in the snow!

- - - Updated - - -

Shay- I hope you get your skype issue figured out!

Heather- I re-read your post- hope I15ís appt goes well!

Michelle- glad your boys had fun in the snow!

- - - Updated - - -

Michelle- you have more snow than South Dakota!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Cindy- I love hunkering down for a snow storm!

Mindy- donuts sound good! Dd22 stayed over last night with three girlfriends. They went out for breakfast and she brought back caramel rolls.

Shay- I donít know what Iíd think if I heard snow crashing off the roof like that! When it gets way below zero, our house makes loud cracking noises.

Angela- I spent some time crocheting in the van. I have to start over . Itís too tight for me to fit the hook into the loops. Decided Iím making a scarf for my dh.

I also updated my bullet journal a bit too.

Sorry this post is so scattered.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Love the pics, Michelle!! Oh my goodness on that snow!

Amy, praying your visit is peaceful and restorative for all. Sorry for your loss. I love that you're making the most of the trip. Sounds like a sweet, even though sad, time.

Cindy -- wow on those weather swings! eek!

Heather, hope your dh can come home soon, and the dr appt is easy breezy.

Wow, the weather is just wild right now, isn't it?! No moisture at all in our forecast and we really, really need it. I am grateful for the sun and lower wind today so we can enjoy it!

I am feeling so much better by the way

I had a very lazy morning, worked on journal/planner, read a bit, kids dressed up.

We went for a walk after lunch and then read some more

Tonight we'll have the roast that didn't get cooked in the IP last night.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd11.5, d10, ds8, dd6, dd4.5

Good afternoon!

Yay for those of you with snow! (That were wanting it, at least. ) Stay safe and stay warm!

Amy, I hope you all have a good trip even if it has some sad parts.

Glad your throat is feeling better, Mindy!

everyone!

We've been chugging along all day. I have done a pretty good job of keeping moving this week, and I think that's important for me. If I sit down at the computer I just lose momentum, so I need to stay off and make sure my stuff is ready for school!

*got school done--at least my part...ds needs to finish up a paragraph for his writing class
    *finished our read aloud
    *swept and mopped
    *got sheets back on our bed
    *RAR time done
    *skating and cupcakes with friends
    *library--picked up some more holds
    *got dinner started

We do have our 4H meeting tonight, so we'll have an early supper and then head out. Before then I'm hoping to get PTE done so I can place the grocery order so I don't have to make an extra trip out tomorrow!

Hey all

I've read, but I can't remember all my comments .....
    * Heather, glad you're enjoying 62
    * Amy -- safe travels, and I Hope it's good family time!
    * Mindy -- hope you keep feeling better!
    * Michelle -- LOVE the pictures. The snow is beautiful
    * Cindy -- ya'll stay safe in all that snow/ice!

It's COLD here!!! The morning started at 47. By noon, there was some sleet (slight) and it was 38. One the way home about 3, there was a bit of snow, and it was dropping. Now, it's in the 20s with lots of wind and COLD!!! Brrrrrrrr. I have a roaring fire going

* We had coop this morning. All was well. Kids had a good time.
    Heather (and all who were wondering), the kids had read Huck Finn, and we had a great discussion on censorship and banning books and WHY people get offended at things. We mentioned "censorship" of history by tearing down statues or the people who want to get rid of all the concentration camps. We talked about George Orwell's 1984 censorship. GREAT conversations. AND, we kept returning to the fact that, yes, it's about slavery, the "n" word is used, but ultimately for anyone who truly reads, the REAL message is that slavery is wrong and that AFrican Americans are people and that Jim is the most moral character in the whole book. Plus, an interesting tidbit is the reasons why people wanted it censored and banned from the beginning (said it was "coarse" and didn't approve of a friendship between a black and white person) are completely different from the reasons of today. Very interesting.
    I think it's going to take two more weeks to truly discuss all themes and characters. Good stuff. The kids said they enjoyed it.

* Ben went home with a friend after coop
    * the rest of us ran to belk -- a HUGE sale going on. I wound up with 2 pairs of pants and two sweaters (one a long vest and one an open thin cardigan) for $52. Stuff I really needed! M. got a couple of more things, too (with her money). She's now set.
    * stopped by and picked up BBQ with my gift card
    * Tractor Supply for pig food
    * Dollar Tree for a couple of things
    * HOME and built a fire.

Now we're waiting on supper (French fries cooking).

Ya'll have a great evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)