Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

The temp dropped fast and we're now at the sleet phase. The snow is coming!

Update:
    • dr appt- which was way longer than I expected and mostly because we wait pretty much an hour just to see the dr. That was not cool. I was there over 2 hours and saw the dr for 4 minutes.
    • read aloud- I15 and I took turns reading Lord of the Rings together while we waited in the exam room. We are on the last chapter of The Two Towers.
    • read some of Pride & Prejudice- while waiting
    • stopped to get ice cream- to enjoy this evening
    • home and ordered pizza
    • got the kids watching a movie- Kung Fu Panda 3. It's hard to get something they all want to watch and can watch. This was a win.
    • folded four loads of laundry- while the movie was going
    • hung up R's laundry- all those size 0 long jeans. The legs entangle with one another.
    • hung Dan's dress clothes earlier
    • served up ice cream
    • loaded the dishwasher- with the help of the 19yo who volunteered since his brother was not feeling well
    • started the dishwasher
    • washed dishes
    • wiped down the counters and the kitchen table
    • took the tree box from my bedroom upstairs- to the basement with R
    • moved some things tidy up storage in the basement- before I took the tree down
    • took the kitchen towels to the laundry closet- for washing later
    • texted with dh- any time he is around
    • cleaned off the tiny counter- next to the kitchen door
    • talked with my dad- my aunt is in the hospital. She's not doing well.

Whew...that allergy testing. Been a long time since anyone has done a skin test. Usually it's the arm. This place does it on your back. Unpleasant. He is quite a allergic to oak trees. Like off the charts. Along with birch and maple. Dust and dust mites are next and there were other things, but those were his biggest. And that's anecdotal because they left the chart and I can read numbers. He also had to do some breathing tests to see how well his asthma is controlled. That was interesting. We thought it was in hand (because there has been so much improvement), but it's marginal whether it's under control or not. There will be some changes to his meds. Wish I had stopped for the new ones on the way home, but he was done out and the weather had turned already.

The boys are all in bed- even E who is on his maintenance med week. He's feeling pretty bad at the moment. Stink.

I've been chatting with Dan. Aging parents are hard and this has been a tough week for everyone. I'm sure he can't wait to get home.

I am happy that I got some things tidied up. It was looking cluttered. But, I cannot let dh come home to a mess. He'll want to relax!

Tonight I will watch planner school and then read and wind down.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

It's Saturday here. I don't have too many plans for today. Dh and I have been taking down all the Christmas decor at home and in the church. I also dusted the living room and swept. There is also worship team practice tonight if I'm not to jet lagged to join in.

We've had cold nights here, but it warms up some during the day. I hope you ladies with snow enjoy it. Hudson is certainly hoping we'll get snow.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Heather! Is Dan still coming home tomorrow?

We had 4H for about 2 hours and then everyone got to bed in good time. I just got some breakfast in the crockpot and I've got to get ds up soon for swimming. While he's there I'll run and pick up groceries and then go back to get him. I would have done it after swimming normally, but when I placed my order my choices were from 8-9 or after 1. I'm really hoping to not have to go out again today!