Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Floors! Could be any room and any style of picking up floors, washing floors, vacuuming floors, etc. Try to focus on all the floors. Make them better than they were before you started.

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

For me today:
    • read aloud
    • art time
    • update planner
    • school planning
    • vacuum foyer
    • get the last of Christmas put away
    • tidy basement storage areas- before Sunday night
    • blog work
    • kitchen- assign kids
    • answer emails
    • read
    • dr appt at 3pm- allergy testing for I15
    • movies?- possibly or else I'll take my older teens and not go myself (The Greatest Showman)
    • laundry

So, I just need to keep housework moving and involve my kids along the way. Do some school and get to the dr. Then we'll see what else will happen.

It's near 60* today and tomorrow will be super cold and snowy. It's our turn!

Have a wonderful Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

It is COLD here! I wish if we were going to have it so cold that we could get some snow, too!

*laundry--regular load done, but I may do another tonight since swim team always messes with my routine on Saturdays!
    *our sheets--washed and drying now
    *sweep--and vacuum if there's time
    *school
    *skating and cupcakes
    *RAR time
    *library
    *PTE/grocery order
    *4H for Share the Fun (the annual talent show) meeting

We don't have to leave until after lunch, so hopefully we can get a lot done this morning. I know the kids want to finish our read aloud, so that will be first up after breakfast!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning Ladies,

CH1: I haven't done great with cleaning the floors the week, I could definitely get some vacuuming done this weekend!

CH2: Yes!

So far:
    Slept in a bit - Dan had a guys thing in the garage that went late.
    Bible reading
    exercise
    breakfast
    discussed some things with Dan
    helped kids get started with school

Watching a video on "Humble Habits.

up next:
    shower/ dress
    go over school lessons with the kids
    lunch

The botanical gardens is free today, BUT it looks like rain. I had hoped to go, but don't want to get poured on. We will see.

Otherwise, I have lots of cleaning to do. And school planning. And a couple of other errands.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

So far: (not much)
    • breakfast was eaten
    • dishwasher filled- but I need to check on that
    • checked in with the 15yo on his history for the week
    • told mappers we are on for this morning- waiting for the teen girl to finish readying for the day
    • texting with dh- I think he's ready to be home, but more to go
    • answered some group emails
    • checked on the weather- we're in for it

I15 is slogging mightily today without his antihistamine for two days. Let's hope the testing this afternoon goes well and reveals much.

AR- bummer to miss the gardens today!

Jen- Enjoy your morning at home!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Well, it's relatively WARM here today. It's 44 and raining. The snow is gone from the roads, our driveway is starting to peek through and the snow that has been on our roof for weeks is all coming crashing down. Literally, it builds up on the freezing metal and now the rain has warmed the metal enough that large pieces are sliding off and crashing. We all had interrupted sleep as it shook the house several times. DH even got up because he thought a tree fell at one point. But at least it clears the roof before the rest of the winter's snow fall.

Today's list:
    -was woken up early when dh left. Grrr!
    -Bekah wanted to do pilates, so we did that
    -breakfast
    -remembered a vehicle appt, so Nic and I went to drop it off
    -chores are done
    -I let everyone decorate giant gingerbread men we got on clearance
    -teens are doing school
    -I'm letting littles play Minecraft as I need to concentrate. This transcript/extracurricular thing is driving me nuts. I'm considering calling a local college counseling service to get her take.
    -lunch, might pawn this off on Ben
    -school with littles while Josh naps(hopefully)
    -dinner, pizza

Have to figure out a Skype issue too. We don't have Skype nor the internet bandwidth. Need to see if library can accommodate a private room or rent a hotel room with high speed.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Shay- the same thing happens with our solar panels. Loud slides and crashes!

Heather, ! The first time it happened after building, we all panicked. Now we are used to it, but it was unsettling to hear all night long!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Hello!

Jen, I feel the same way about the weather. Snow should come with the cold. As for us, it was TOO cold for snow, and then it warmed way up and misted. So not enough moisture to even count (said the weather woman). Boo

I couldn’t fall asleep...my throat just hurt and I ached. It has taken me a long time to get going this morning. The kids are just playing today - they’re all dressed up and playing “wedding”. They had a nice tea party at the reception I love that they love to dress up. DD used face pain and put a mustache on DS

We had donuts for breakfast and I only got dressed about an hour ago. I’ve been sitting with a hot drink and my bullet journal. Good stuff.

We don’t have anything we HAVE TO do today, but I didn’t get my errands done yesterday. I’d really like to take the donations that are in my trunk. I have almost gone out there to pull a couple items out — some Melissa and Doug toys that ALL of my kids played with. Maybe I should keep them??

Angela, I love that your husband has a man club. My DH has been talking for a long time about having a Beer & Jesus group (he’s a brewer and dreams of getting together with other men to brew and grow their relationships with Jesus and each other - that name may sound like those two things can’t go together and I hope to not offend) but hasn’t followed through because it actually takes up a lot of space and good deal of time, so the new restaurant may provide just the space.

I’ve been working on setting up a book club with a few homeschool friends. I’m hopeful! We finished our read aloud this morning, but DD had to read — I still don’t have a voice!! Glad the RAR challenge is for them and not me!

Have a great day!
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd12, d10.5, ds8.5, dd6.5, dd4.5

Good Afternoon!
    We are hunkering down for the storm. It's been raining all morning and 55*F when I got up this morning. Now it's 34*F. No freezing rain or snow yet, but it's coming. We are on tap for 4-6 inches of snow. We started out in the 6-10 range, but they've lowered it, so we'll see what happens. They are calling for it to freeze up around 1:00, so we did all our regular Friday runs this morning, and got home around 12:30pm. Yay! We are in for the day! All the schools cancelled for today since it's suppose to be a rapid freeze up. Tonight it's suppose to get down to 13*F, and only a high of 18*F tomorrow. Yesterday it reached 60*F in our quick January thaw.

So far:
    • email management/reading
    • Giant Eagle for an Amazon gift card with ds10's Christmas money
    • swim lesson at the Rec Center + free swim time for me
    • city library to drop off and pick up books
    • county branch library to pick up holds
    • swim stuff is in the washer

For the rest of TODAY:
    • school planner/journal work
    • paper/notebook organizing
    • tutor reading/organizing.... our Saturday training that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled
    • what's for supper?... homemade pizza
    • pick up all over
    • laundry

It looks like the freezing rain/snow mix stuff is starting up!
    Dh has a funeral later this afternoon and won't be home until after 7pm. Hopefully they'll be on top of the roads. They've known for several days this was coming.

Enjoy!!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Heather -- enjoy the warm weather

Jen -- hope you can get stuff done this morning

Angela -- hope you can go to the botanical gardens

Shay -- watch your heads!! I imagine some could get loud

Mindy -- hope you feel better soon!

Last night we got massive amounts of rain. Then the temps started dropping..fast. I

This morning woke to ice and sleet.

Then it switched to snow. BIG flakes. Then LOTS of snow for some time. It was very pretty Now just a few flurries. I bet we got 3-4 inches.

Boys went out for about 30-45 mins. They came in covered in snow but they remebered...took off outdoor gear on porch.
    Came in and ran it to the bathroom. Boots in tub, all gear hanging to dry.
    This is not just my boys but J2 also. C3 went home to change clothes and find food

Ok I started this post over 2.5 hours ago In between writing and updating what I wrote I have:
    • took pictures
    • instructed boys in where stuff was
    • took more pics
    • text with 2 friends, mom & stepmom
    • talked to mom on phone
    • washed breakfast dishes
    • made lots popcorn

Ds2 & J2 are watching a movie. I thought popcorn would be a good snack.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds