Thread: Friday Feasts!

Default Friday Feasts!

Happy Friday! Tonight we are having meatball subs (Quorn "meat"balls for me) along with crudités. What is cooking at your house?
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

White beans and cornbread
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Homemade pizza tonight. Pepperoni for the kids, 1/2 cheese for me and crustless veggie for dh.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(15), Julianne(10), Jonathan(7)and Joshua(3)

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTN View Post
    White beans and cornbread
    Hi Michelle! Can you share your white beans recipe? That sounds like a good combo but I'm not sure how to prepare beans for something like this. Do you simmer or season them or make a broth with the beans to pour over the cornbread? Thanks.

I am super simple. If I have a ham bone I put it in the crockpot. Then add the beans. Fill crockpot to top with water. Add in some ground black pepper and sometimes if I remember piece of onion or onion power. Sometimes I forget. Cool on low all day.

When almost ready i make cornbead.

Crumble piece of cornbread in bowl. Cover with beans and the juice.

If I don't have a ham bone or some ham bits I make it without. I

I like to soak my beans overnight but I don't always remember to.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Date night for Troy and I. We went to Five Guys and then to see the Greatest Showman.

Kids had taquitos and bagel bites
    Blessed wife to Troy and Mama to K(31) married to E (2 granddaughters & a grandson), H(29) married to J, S (24), S (22), Z (20), M (18), E (17), M (14), J (13), D (12), N (10)

We were invited to my parents' house at the last minute for supper, where we had soya chicken, rice, veggies and apple/cherry/cranberry crisp for dessert.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd10, ds8 1/2, ds7 and ds5 1/2.

I ordered pizza. Dh is away and my son needed a boost after a tough dr appt.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Thanks for the recipe MichelleTN. It sounds easy and delicious!