Thread: FIAR moment

Default FIAR moment

Here's a FIAR moment for you. Don't read if you're extra queasy.
    Yesterday my son stapled his thumb. (He said he was trying to make sure the stapler was closed.) I tried to pull it out but couldn't. And tried not to think about it too much when I saw that it was in so deep that it actually poked through the nail on the other side. All I knew was that I had to find a pair of pliers, fast. Pliers found, staple pulled out. Whew. After the pain had gone away and the excitement died down, my son said "Hey, that was just like Andy and the Lion!" We had JUST finished rowing that book. I wondered if having read the book 5 times recently had helped me know without a moment's hesitation that it was a pair of pliers that I needed in that situation. So ya never know when Five in a Row will come in handy!

and all at the same time. The learning we ALL experience through FIAR
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Wow! Love a good FIAR moment! They last a lifetime.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Great job mom! That is a memory that will last.

My dd sewed her finger one time with a double sewing machine needle - just to see what it would do. Your son isn't alone. Mine was easier though as I didn't have to pull anything out, the machine did it.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Wow! Great story, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Nelsen View Post
    My dd sewed her finger one time with a double sewing machine needle
    This is a big fear of mine whenever I use a sewing machine - which isn't often. Probably due to this fear.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 21 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 11
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Oh my! He'll never forget the book now!
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd10, ds8 1/2, ds7 and ds5 1/2.