Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for face cleanser for sensitive skin

Default Recommendation for face cleanser for sensitive skin

Hi

Can anyone recommend something for a teen with really sensitive skin? He used one that I have that is labelled for sensitive skin but it really bothered him a lot. He is very sensitive to a lot of things too.

I realize that it may be trial and error. I guess I will just have some for the rest of us if it doesn't work for him. Thanks for any help.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (25) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (19), Isaiah (17), Daniel (14), and Eliana Joy (11).

Baking Soda.

Honestly, just keep a container of it in the bathroom, wet your face, rub on some baking soda & rinse it off. It's what both my boys use as well as myself. Two of us have highly sensitive skin & most "sensitive skin" products have allergens in them. Bi-carb {as it's called here} works amazingly though!
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Mary Kay makes a great face cleanser for sensitive skin. I know that sounds "girlish," but it works! I'm not a big MK user or fan, but we had exhausted about everything we could find at drug stores, etc., and a friend sells MK, so I asked her. We've worked with various products to find something that helps Oh, and they also carry a special "pimple" cream that you put on individual pimples at night, and it helps tremendously, too
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash. Highly recommend
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd12, d10.5, ds8.5, dd6.5, dd4.5

Cetaphil. That's what most dermatologists recommend. I buy the large bottle for my girls. It really doesn't cause breakouts.
    Mom to Grace (15), Sarah (13), and Hannah (11)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

Agreeing with Cetaphil. Also, I have super sensitive skin, and believe it or not, Whole Foods has a shaving cream called Kiss My Face which makes a great facial cleanser as well, full of herbals and emollients that are good for the skin.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

I was also going to ask whether you had tried Cetaphil. You could also research and try an oil-cleaning method, but that certainly does seem counterintuitive for a teenaged boy! (Also, I've used baking soda as an exfoliant, and it's great. I've never tried using it and only it though.)
    Carol, mom to 22 yo, 21 yo, 19 yo, and 16 yo.
    I don't really care who did it. I just want you to clean it up.

My 16yodd started using Cetaphil because her dermatologist recommended it.
    I just recently started using Paula's Choice products. I used to have oily skin and recently my skin has become really dry. Like it's embarrassingly dry flaky skin. I really like the Paula's Choice products I've gotten for dry skin. A friend who had acne recommended it to me and I got some products when there was a good sale.
    Now my dd has taken one of my moisturizers and she likes it too.
    Rachel, mommy to Max and Zoe - 16, Abby - 14, and Sam, 11
    Moving at the speed of homeschool

Thank you all so very much! This gives me a lot of great options to try. I haven't tried Cetaphil yet for those that have asked.

Rachel - I may have to look at that line for myself. I could use some more things to care for my skin.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (25) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (19), Isaiah (17), Daniel (14), and Eliana Joy (11).

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    My 16yodd started using Cetaphil because her dermatologist recommended it.
    I just recently started using Paula's Choice products. I used to have oily skin and recently my skin has become really dry. Like it's embarrassingly dry flaky skin. I really like the Paula's Choice products I've gotten for dry skin. A friend who had acne recommended it to me and I got some products when there was a good sale.
    Now my dd has taken one of my moisturizers and she likes it too.

Yes! I LOVE Paula’s Choice products and followed her recommendations since I was in college/early 20’s, maybe even earlier... Anyway, before she had her own line, she had reccommended Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash, so I’ve used it ever since. It’s cheaper than her products, which are very nice. I do use many of her products though and I’ve started having my daughter who has black heads use her BHA. She gives fabulous reviews available on Beautipedia (I think it’s called...). Anyway, wanted to echo Rachel - you should check out her site.
    Mindy - wife to Colin since '03, mommy to FIVE fabulous kids dd12, d10.5, ds8.5, dd6.5, dd4.5