Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens- clean up, make food, organize storage (pantries, frigs, freezers), etc.

School Challenge: Tidy up after this week of school.

Inspiring Thought: Things never happen the same way twice. - CS Lewis, Prince Caspian

For me today:
    • claim form
    • send off RC club membership stuff
    • do Lyme clinic paperwork
    • mapping art
    • read aloud
    • school planning- writing lesson
    • other school
    • dr's appt- this afternoon
    • assign hall bath- partially assigned but will need a reminder
    • pick up meds
    • clean floors
    • walk
    • nature art
    • blog work

It's snowing again today! Lots of good snow this season- really can't complain about that.

It's school this morning and the dr this afternoon. I've already done some of the paperwork and sent that with Dan to mail (for lack of a flag on my mailbox). I think I'll work on the clinic paperwork now.

Have a happy Friday, everyone!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

It's another busy day here. I'm looking forward to getting through the next week so things will be a bit calmer--at least for a bit!

*laundry--done
    *our sheets--washing now
    *our bathroom
    *text my mom about tomorrow's plans
    *school
    *drop stuff at Goodwill
    *skating
    *chocolate shop
    *library 1--pick up book
    *library 2--ds is doing a clay class there
    *Target--with dd while ds is in class
    *skit practice!
    *Valentines boxes

And hopefully to bed as early as possible since tomorrow's activities start at 8:00 am and end around midnight with some freezing rain thrown in the middle for good measure. I was hoping to go to bed early last night, but when we finally got home from our meeting, dh wasn't feeling well (he thinks it was something he ate) and I ended up putting the kids and animals to bed and getting in bed around 11:30. So I'm not looking really alert today. On the bright side (literally!), it's going to be warm and sunny today before our cold front this evening, so it should feel great!

Have a great day today, friends!

Hello Ladies

HW - I am speaking at the monthly women's meeting which is on Tuesday - ack!!! I am sharing some of my personal story and what the Lord has taught me about forgiveness through it. This is harder than I anticipated.
    Enjoy the snow!
    We have some nice sunshine today and the high will be in the upper 40s. I hope to spend some time outside with the kids.

Jen - Wow! What is tomorrow? 4-H stuff?
    I hope you can get some good rest tonight! The chocolate shop sounds fun!

so far today:
    worked on talk
    Bible reading
    Breakfast
    got kids started on independent work
    watched "Humble Habits" webinar

up next:
    more school with kids
    laundry
    general tidying
    Ash has an extra dance practice tonight
    work on talk
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Jen -- YAY for sunshine and warm!! Hope day goes smoothly

Heather -- enjoy your snow!! Hope dr. goes well

Paige -- safe travels!!

Beautiful sunshine here and suppose to be warm
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Oh my GOSH that skit, Jen!! Will it be eligible for the Oscars? Is it a musical? I must know!

So far:
    • finished up the RC club forms (needed J to sign) and sent it with dh
    • gathered information for the claim- sent that with dh to finish and send
    • made a lunch and did the work drop
    • worked on the clinic forms- got both boys up to date for the appt on Tuesday
    • sent one form through the patient portal- success
    • called the office- because I can't get in to the other portal because it uses the same address. Got someone to answer. that NEVER happens! All is well. I sent the other form through the same portal. She already had E's.

Ok that's it, but that's pretty huge. It was a lot of paperwork.

Now I can do something else. I would like to get mapping in before I leave at 1pm. I will call an allergy med in and pick both up later on. I hope a pizza coupon comes today because I need to not make dinner tonight. I can tell already.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    Oh my GOSH that skit, Jen!! Will it be eligible for the Oscars? Is it a musical? I must know!
    I want these skits performed at my funeral! Really, they have it down, but they haven't practiced with costume changes--there are lots of little vignettes and most of the kids play at least two parts, so there's a lot of on and off. But yeah, it's getting redundant. I just have to laugh, though. And bring a long book.

Angela, oddly enough, NONE of tomorrow's stuff is 4H related! We have swim team, then I'm taking the kids to a show at the planetarium on constellations (dd has been rowing Follow the Drinking Gourd), then both of the kids have double (brother/sister) birthday parties to attend, then dd and dh will go to the Daddy Daughter Dance and after that dh and I will go to the hospital party. At some point in there, my mom and dad will collect the kids and they will spend the night with them since we get back so late from the hospital party. For 6 years, the party and the dance have been the same night every year but one. It's an exhausting day!

I got our sheets in the washer and then moved them to the dryer and started a load of towels. We've started school. I also texted my mom. I think we're on track for the day...

Jen- Is it for a special event?

AR- Good for you for doing some speaking. I hope it goes well.

Michelle- Was it warm to match your sunshine? Were you on your porch? You know I keep your porch card here on my desk. Yay for porches and friends!

Since earlier:
    • called the med in- and got notice for another so both are done
    • did mapping the world with art
    • left for the appts- first the image and then the appt
    • home to eat- ate light for the stupid xray
    • rested a moment
    • mall- to pick up meds and a few other things and to browse markers
    • work pick up
    • ordered pizza- totally waited for dh to suggest it

Well, the appts were so annoying. Lots of stones, but they are tiny. Clusters of them must have concerned him that they were big. Must drink more. Of course.

I will now turn my attention this weekend to making some more plans with people during our trip. I haven't tried because we always have to cancel when things go wrong. We'll attempt it, I guess.

Happy Friday night!

Iíve been swamped lately. We have a bunch of people wanting to come this summer. Itís over 40! Granted, some of them are teams but it is still a lot of people to communicate with and a lot of planning! Plus, dh and I really work as a team both at home and with ministry work. He spent the week gone from about 7 am Ė 7pm with block teaching at the Bible college, so Iíve really missed his help. The business kept me from posting.

Now itís Saturday and a much needed day off. Iím watching the Olympics and kicking back in my fuzzy pajamas.

Hereís what I did on my Friday:
    -made dd breakfast
    -packed ddís lunch
    -drove dd to school
    -took Hudson to piano lessons
    -stopped at 7-11 for manju (a steamed rice flour dumpling filled with meat)
    -played Canasta with Hudson
    -reading with Hudson
    -grammar with Wesley
    -got Wesley started on some history and science
    -wrote a couple of pages of instructions for different jobs for our missionary volunteers
    -responded to several e-mails
    -went Grocery shopping with Wesley
    -washed a ton of dishes
    -made a late dinner with dh
    -watched the opening ceremony with Hudson and dh

Angela, I hope your talk goes well.
    Heather, bummer about the stones, but Iím glad there isnít a big one that needs more invasive treatment.
    Jen, youíve been very busy lately!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

I also worked really hard this week on a couple of big projects.
    1. I sorted through old school notebooks for the kids. I pared it down to one binder for elementary school (plus one for the year the younger two spent at public school)per kid as opposed to one from every year. I just don't have much room living in a small house.
    2. I created a system for organizing the jobs that our interns/volunteers will do. It's a little like a grown up version of chore cards! I made job sheets. I took a job and wrote out a list of all the components/step by step directions (how to clean the church van, how to set up the chairs in the sanctuary, how to mow the lawn, etc). Then I plan to give each intern/volunteer a folder. At the start of the week we'll lay out all the jobs that need to be completed that week. People will take different job sheets and put them in their folder. 1 person will have the assistant job. The assistant will keep track of who is doing what job, will help people complete their jobs, and check to make sure each job is completed by the deadline. I'm hoping this will help to keep things organize with so many people coming and going this summer.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11