Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens- clean up, make food, organize storage (pantries, frigs, freezers), etc.

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

Inspiring Thought:
    It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out. - CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

For me today:
    • make breakfast
    • work on the details of any additional plans for next week
    • algebra- do some and work on an alternative for this kid
    • make sure hall bath gets cleaned
    • work on a packing list
    • clean floors- first floor
    • first floor clutter- mainly book clutter
    • baking list- I'm planning to take some things to my parents
    • laundry
    • school planning
    • blog work
    • nature painting- or maybe it's just painting right now, but I'm working on my color charts and values.
    • play games

Today my main goal is to relax. Or, stated another way, my main goal is not to get worked up over anything. I was undone yesterday at the hospital and got myself a good migraine. So many people. I had to keep moving around! Operation stay well was in serious jeopardy yesterday. Today I plan to chill.

We've had so much snow and today it is to rain. Boo! So, I might encourage the kids to go out and play while they can. I'm sure they'll return complaining that it's hot out and have half their snow gear off!

Have a fun Saturday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Morning Ladies!

CH1: I don't plan on cooking much today, but I do need to make a solid meal plan for the next week or so.

CH2: Yes, I need to look over stuff for next week and then solidify plans for the spring term.

IT: So true! It reminds me of Philippians 4:8

Lindsey - Wow! You have been busy! Your folder/job list sounds smart and like a wise way for you to prepare for all of your help.

HW - It has been raining here all morning. I think cold rain is one of my least favorite types of weather, BUT we had a very dry fall and early winter so I am sure it is good.
    I think bringing some baked goods for your parents is a lovely way to care for them.

today:
    my friend Lea is taking Logan out on an outing one-on-one. She gave each of the kids a coupon for a day out with her: his day involves the science museum and lunch at McDonald's. He was so excited!
    Dan and I are going to leave the girls home alone with a cell phone and go for a coffee date. We leave soon.
    school planning
    meal planning
    work on my talk for Tuesday - I keep circling back and revising it, which is a good thing - but exhausting in a way.
    fold laundry
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, friends!

It's 17 degrees here and lightly snowing. It would be a lovely day to stay at home. However, we are going to a baby shower this afternoon.

DH finished ripping my boards for me yesterday, and we have a good layout. Unfortunately, it's too cold to paint in the garage, so I'm going to try to have a setup in the mud room. It's not a big space, though.

As far as CH1 goes, I am sorta working it. I am working on just eating what we have in the freezer, and adding greens and sides. So it's kind of a mystery every night.

CH2, you know I'm in it. Thankfully I'm getting good help and advice here.

Have a lovely day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

So far:
    • made french toast
    • tons and tons and tons of emails regarding co-op- sent out the initial information for registration
    • vacuumed the foyer- the key area of flooring I wanted to make better.
    • put away some shoes in the foyer
    • started today's laundry
    • switched and started more laundry
    • folded a load of towels
    • had dishwasher emptied- the KP kid is not doing too swell today so that means a long day in the kitchen
    • talked with dh about a few supplies I need- dh is out now picking them up along with other things he needed

Probably time to move some laundry and see what else I can do this afternoon.

Operation stay chill is working for the most part.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

I set up my "paint booth" in the mud room and everything is painted. I will sand later today and stain after that. I am so excited.

While I'm waiting on the paint to dry, I am working on the old desk area.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

Good Afternoon!
    It's a grey, cloudy, wet day. 37*F. Absolutely dreary. But we've had the Olympics going all day, so that's been fun.
    I'm cold. I guess I need to put a long sleeve T under my fleece. On days like this I wish we had a large jacuzzi tub. That would boost my motivation... right?

This morning I did the early morning WM shopping run. That was fine. Since then I've been doing laundry, watching Olympics, and working on filling in the last small gaps on my lessons for Monday.
    I have not been very productive. Maybe that's why I'm so cold. I'm not moving. We keep the thermostat set at 67*F, so it's perfect for when you are up and working, but not when you aren't.

HeatherW-- I'm glad you are keeping it relaxed today. Stay calm. Up those immune boosters.

Robin-- Great job on the table top. I'd love to see a picture.

Well, back to finishing up my paperwork. We'll be having simple tacos for supper.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Hello Ladies,

Robin - Way to go, it sounds like a fun project!

HW - Praying you all stay healthy this week!

Cindy - Good job on the WM run!

Logan had a blast on his outing with my friend Lea. She totally spoiled him - ha!
    Dan and I enjoyed our little date out. We ate at Chick-fil-A, discussed summer plans, grabbed a coffee at Starbucks and walked around Target.

I have been working on meal planning and looked over the lessons and set up the check-lists for next week.

Dan took Hannah to get a haircut and picked up draw-pulls and handles at Lowe's. He put the drawers on a dresser for Ashlyn that he recently repainted.

Everyone is watching the opening Ceremonies that we dvr'd.

up next:
    look at some long-term school planning
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Operation chill is going pretty well.

Since last time:
    • kept laundry going- last load is drying
    • finished my paint color chart- the expensive paint is pretty amazing
    • made some soup and grilled cheese for dinner- enjoyed by all. I made paninies with ham, provolone, and for some bacon and/or tomatoes.
    • sent the co-op email
    • set a reminder to get the pork roast going tonight
    • took lots of pictures of sewing- R is working on shirts. This might be a blog post.

I'd better check my list. I'm not sure what else I haven't finished yet. There is so much work to do in the kitchen.

I'm going to take the final pictures of R's project and we'll see what else.

Heather -- hope operation chill continued all day!

Angela -- fun for Logan and yay for date!

Robin -- your project is moving along! Way to Go!

Cindy -- jacuzzi...yep I think it would raise motivation

Yesterday was our hs group skating/valentine party. Some didn't skate but instead hung out, played pool or other games. Either way fun was had by all.

After skating both my boys & another boy went home with friend. Later dh & I went out there for other friends birthday party. This family does family parties. It was lots of fun. Good group of people!!

Then dh & I came home alone! Boys that went home after skating spent the night. I went back this morning and picked up my boys.

Other than that we have been kinda lazy.

Thought I was going to have to cook supper but there was some leftovers. I have cooked twice this week. Then we had leftovers & are at party
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Heather -- the porch card made me smile I got a few minutes on my porch yesterday but not as much as I would have liked. Today was FOGGY, rainy, windy and COLD.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds