Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moms' Book Thread ~ Week 7 (February 11th - February 17th)

Thank you all for the kind thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaT View Post

For my irl book club we are reading The Rosie Project. I'm late to the party with this book so I am looking forward to finally reading it.

Other books I am reading: Cutting for Stone by Abraham Vergese
    Julia, a friend gave me her book club copy of The Rosie Project. She told me it was "okay." I think I may like it better than she did, but we'll see. I haven't started it yet.

And I loved Cutting for Stone! Can't wait to hear if you like it or not. I haven't met too many people who've read it, maybe because it's several years old now, I think.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 22 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Rebe, I was rushing my last post and forgot to add a comment for you! Praying for a successful procedure and quick recovery.
    Mama of two lovely ladies: Carina (11) & Madelyn (9).

Rebe, thinking and praying for you this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki P in VA View Post
    Negin, I'm a huge Bronte fan, so thank you for that link! And sorry you didn't like Tuscany more; I guess I must have been in the right place to enjoy that one when I did.
    Just out of curiosity--has anyone else been having a difficult time getting on the boards lately? I couldn't access the forums at all for most of last week, and it's still intermittent (but seems to be getting better). I was just wondering if it was on my end or the website.
    Vicki, yes, my not liking Tuscany may have had to do with timing.
    I had some problems getting on the boards a week or so ago, but not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaT View Post
    I am overloaded with books right now. I try to keep 3 or 4 books going on at the same time but right now I have 7 on the go. I know, craziness.
    Julia, although I seldom read more than one book at a time, I love reading what you do. Your book clubs sound delightful, especially the postal one!
    "There is no peace that cannot be found in the present moment." - Tasha Tudor

Kindle book on sale today. The third in the Dublin Murder squad series, which I haven't yet read, but plan on doing so.

Rebe, . Thinking of you today & hope all is going well.

(Artwork courtesy of the American Library Association.)
    Celebrate your freedom to read! Read a banned book!

Rebe, you've been in my prayers and thoughts. Hoping that you're getting lots of rest and that all is as well as can be.