Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens- clean up, make food, organize storage (pantries, frigs, freezers), etc.

School Challenge: Plan for a new week of school.

For me today:
    • snack, breakfast, church with snack duty
    • laundry
    • pack
    • blog work- take a few blog pictures
    • bake- cookies and oatmeal bars
    • tidy up- with help

We'll be at church doing snack duty, then home to bake and prep for departure. We hope to see my parents by tomorrow mid-afternoon. Lots of tiredness here with various chronic conditions. I would appreciate prayer for our week ahead. It will start hard and get easier, so at least that is good!

AR, I'm really looking forward to our art class. Those new paints are really amazing. So much better than the cheap ones. I'm amazed. I hope I can make excellent use of them!

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Well...plans changed. We are iced in. Our steps, sidewalks, driveway totally encased in a layer of ice. Dh went out with the trash I emptied and nearly took a header. We very reluctantly decided we could not go. Sigh.

Triple stink. I was hoping to get our trip onto the prayer list today.

Plus, that's three choir members out and we miss snack duty. Ack. Guilt.

Laundry has been started and we're starting to gather up things.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather-- can you text someone at church and ask to be out on prayer list
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTN View Post
    Heather-- can you text someone at church and ask to be out on prayer list
    I did message a couple of people, but probably not in time to get on the list. Oh well...I should get cell phone numbers so I can actually text people!

So far:
    • apple sauce made
    • trash emptied from the kitchen
    • trash put out- harrowingly
    • laundry started- ready to be switched
    • started gathering sleeping stuff- a couple kids will be on the floor so sleeping bags and pads have been brought up
    • printed R's American Government final
    • perused a daily checklist form- and looked at some other forms and items online

Ok...time to go and switch that laundry. Trying to wash boy clothes for the trip today.

It is cold, damp & cloudy today. I have lots I should and need to do. What I would like to do is just stay under a blanket, read & nap

Boys are going to birthday party after lunch.

Last night dh mentioned something about the museum. I don't know if he was forgetting the boys had a party or if meant just me & him.
    I was kinda surprised because what he mentioned is not something he is interested in
    I think he was thinking this was the traveling exhibit that you pay extra for. He said...hey it is free tomorrow.
    This event they are doing today they do often and always free.
    I will just let him decide what he wants to do.

Well I guess I better figure out Good right now, at least for the boys. They need to eat something before going.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Good afternoon!

Heather, I'll be praying for your trip this week!

Michelle, that sounds like a perfect day!

I woke up about 1:45 Saturday morning sick. I spent the rest of the night on the bathroom floor, which I am too old to do. Yesterday I never got sick again but felt nauseous and achy and had a horrible headache--but never any fever. We missed the planetarium--the second field trip we had planned for this row and we missed them both! I was so disappointed!! But I got both kids to their parties and dd and dh off to the dance and then the kids spent the night with my mom and dad even though we didn't go to dh's work party--which I'm glad we couldn't go because it ended up getting pretty icy and slick here. I fell asleep on the couch at some point and woke up about 2:00.

This morning I feel okay except for the horrible headache. My parents brought the kids home after church and we'll leave in a bit for skit practice (of course!). I am going to hang out in the car and listen to my book. I don't think I have the flu or anything, but no need to risk it. I'm also not helping with choir tonight, just in case.

I've done a couple of loads of laundry, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, and ironed dh's clothes for the week. I think that's about all the physical stuff I'm going to do today! The rest will just be driving to 4H and church and doing meal and grocery planning.

Have a great day today, friends!

Since last time:
    • moved laundry and started more
    • folded four loads of laundry
    • started filling suitcases and duffles- as laundry came out
    • mostly packed dh and I
    • enjoyed some of the applesauce- I made for church this morning
    • messaged with a friend- looks like she will take the day off on Wed to hang out with me
    • dh looked over the van- and topped off fluids
    • dh changed a light bulb- swoon
    • gave R her final for government- I'll need to grade it momentarily.

So, until all the laundry is finished, I need to keep it rolling through. I think I have just one more load to do though. So, we're good. Although, not all of it can go in the dryer which is always a problem.

The barometer is falling and my head hurts. The day is gross. No question.

At least dinner is made and I just took butter out of the frig to soften for cookie making. I'm making gingerbread cookies from a mix, homemade peanut butter cookies, and I think some oatmeal bars. They shouldn't take too long. I will probably go ahead and start the pb cookies since those use shortening.

How's everyone doing?

Jen-- hope your headache goes away and glad you are feeling better

Heather -- hope your headache goes away too

Fixed food for boys. They ate and left.

I waited on fixing food for dh & I. Tomorrow is our anniversary and I thought we might go out for lunch date.

Apparently dh wasn't thinking same thing. He is in his recliner looking at his family history binder and randomly reading me facts.

I hinted around then finally said...so what are we going to have for lunch? He shrugged and started poking around book shelf, pulled out binder and has been in recliner since.

Guess I will fix me some popcorn & definitely a coke and do some meal planning. Don't have a clue what we are eating tonight much less rest of week.I

In other news:
    • load laundry washed & in dryer
    • wrapped presents for boys to take
    • washed dishes ..last night & boys lunch

Hello Ladies,

The high is in the upper 60s today, but it is rainy and muggy. Dan and I got poured on when we were loading up the van at Costco - but it was warm rain!

HW - Praying for you and the family friend. No guilt! - stuff happens and it sounds like it may have been a wise move for you guys in light of the trip.
    I'm so excited for you and R and the class! Two of my friends will also be in the landscape class with you .....if you see two ladies that look extra hipster-ish - it is probably them! They are way cooler than I am!
    How lovely that you can tell a difference with the good paints - woot!

Jen - Oh no! I'm so sorry you were so sick! I you continue to feel better and get some good rest.

Michelle -I hope you and dh can make a date out of it!

so far today:
    Church
    Costco
    Aldi is near by and I make a quick trip inside. The next couple of days will be very full and I didn't want to worry about making another trip to the store.
    home to unpack
    I changed up a couple more items in my talk

up next:
    relax a bit with the family - they are watching the Olympics
    early dinner
    take H to Middle School Community; go over my talk with the pastor's wife
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

It's Monday, but National Foundation Day (a holiday) so no school today. Yesterday I just really felt off. Dh hadn't been feeling well and ds woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache. I think we're passing around some mild stomach thing. So I'll have to see what I am up to. Still, I'd like to do some decluttering and need to do some grocery shopping.

Angela, I'm envious of your warm weather. We've had snow twice and now I'm ready for spring!
    Jen, that sounds miserable! Praying you feel better and no one else gets it.
    Heather, praying for your trip.
    Michelle, I need to do some meal planning too!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 10