Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Well, I ended up tagging out for the afternoon. My head was pounding. I'm better now, but not great.

The last of the kids' clothes are tumbling and almost all the kids are packed. The older teens are still working on it.

I have one last load in the washer which will need to be dried. I'll tumble my stuff that hangs on no heat to get them dry.

We're packing backpacks tonight too. Usually we leave some things for the morning, but we want to head out earlier than we normally do.

R was such a big help and a life saver! She knew I had been talking about making cookies for my parents and she made them while I was trying to get rid of my headache. I thought I was going to have to do that tonight. She made two different kinds and I'll skip the oatmeal bars. All is well there.

I need to get some food put away tonight and pack up the games and my backpack. In the morning we'll just have to pack toiletries and any morning meds.

Going on a trip is such a thing!

AR- I will keep my eye out for extra hipster looking ladies. Probably the whole crowd! I can't wait to tell you how it goes.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- hope your headache goes completely away. Hope y'all have a good trip too.

Lindsey -- hope y'all get over the sickies

Angela -- at least the rain was warm

We didn't go anywhere. Dh continued to look at his book then sat at dining table playing game on his tablet. Not sure why he ended up in there?!

I did some laundry, washed boys lunch dishes, cooked supper & cleaned kitchen. That is about it.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- I hope tomorrow you'll get to do something fun for your anniversary! If not, plan something fun for your dinner!

Lindsey- You all just go over something. I hope this is short-lived!

Since earlier:
    • E finished packing
    • switched the clothes to the dryer - and hung a few items only one of which I need for the trip. I'll let them dry over night and then fluff them in the morning. It's a pair of jeans.
    • put away a lot of food- jarred up applesauce and the leftover pulled pork
    • pulled in the soup from last night- put all of that in the freezer
    • washed all the dishes- the kitchen was a sight from all the cooking today
    • wiped down the counters
    • packed the game bag- one small LLBean tote full of games
    • spot cleaned the kitchen floor- a bunch of sticky spots
    • had the trash taken to the curb
    • scooped a little ice cream for myself
    • started bagging up food we are taking- snacks for the road

I'm going to get our clothes more ready tonight (grown up clothes are almost done) and also pack up the clothes we'll wear after our visit tomorrow (need to shed the allergens when we leave). The kids' clothes for that are set. I just need to get ours and put them in something easy to get at tomorrow evening.

The only thing left is my backpack that I can do tonight, so I'll do that soon. I don't plan to be up late and I sure hope I sleep well and wake up well!

Thanks for the prayers- we will need them!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Since before:
    • helped a mom with Calculus- wasn't very much help but I pointed her in the right direction
    • answered a client- I think that will be it for this consult.
    • posted R's shirt work on FB- she got a free class tee from the university and it was enormous and she reconstructed it to fitted
    • stuffed my sleeping bag into it's stuff sack for traveling- I always take it.

Now I will do a little more with our clothes, pack my backpack, get my electronics charging, and listen to an audio book before turning in.

Have a great night!

PS- the weather is still gross. It's icing again.

I’m feeling better today. So I worked hard! I deep cleaned my living room while I had an entire day to do it:

-made granola, only discover we were out of milk.
    -emptied my living room closet.
    -sorted through two boxes and whittled it down to one.
    -sorted through old school binders. Selected some sample work and tossed the rest
    -through out a bag full of old binders
    -emptied my shoe cupboards (they hold all the shoes for the entire family)
    -sorted through the entire families shoes, got rid of several pairs that were too small
    -cleaned the shoe cupboards
    -moved my shoe cupboards around & reorganized all the shoes
    -moved and emptied the coat rack
    -cleaned the coat rack
    -moved a small shelf that houses the router, phone, address book, etc. and emptied it
    -cleaned the small shelf
    -rearranged all the stuff that goes on the shelf
    -swept & vacuumed the tile
    -swept cobwebs down
    -cleaned the inside of the sliding glass doors
    -cleaned the door frame
    -mopped the entry way tile
    -cleaned out the umbrella stand
    -sorted through all the gloves & mittens
    -sorted through all the hats
    -sorted through rain coats
    -sorted through scarfs
    -got rid of one big trash bag of old gloves, hats, etc.
    -sorted through the slippers container
    -moved all the couches and cleaned behind them
    -removed couch cushions and vacuumed the couches
    -dusted the living room
    -put up some new photos in frames in the living room
    -swept the floor
    -mopped
    -helped dh make dinner. He made the tortillas & salsa. I heated the beans, grated the cheese, made guacamole and sliced tomatoes

I still plan to:
    -practice piano
    -respond to an e-mail
    -a little bit of lesson planning

One of our church members is here making a tech platform for the church. Hudson helped, but got all saw dusty. I’m allergic to pine, so he had to go straight to the shower and dh had to but his clothe straight into the washer.

Michelle, agreeing with Heather. I hope you get to do something fun or have a special dinner tomorrow.
    Heather, I hope the weather clears up. Ice is beautiful, but horrible for travel.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11