Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- spiff them up, hoe them out, make them enjoyable places to be!

School Challenge: Book challenge- library business, new books, read aloud, new reading assignments

Inspiring Thought: The more limited our language is, the more limited we are; the more limited the literature we give to our children, the more limited their capacity to respond, and therefore, in their turn, to create. The more our vocabulary is controlled, the less we will be able to think for ourselves. We do think in words, and the fewer words we know, the more restricted our thoughts. As our vocabulary expands, so does our power to think. - Read for the Heart (a thought from Madeleine L'Engle)

For me today:
    • finish packing
    • get breakfast
    • head on to hit CFA for lunch
    • visit
    • survive to next stop
    • crash

That about does it for my day. I would so appreciate prayer for our visit with my parents. This will be a hard one for so, so many reasons. It will be a long day.

Have a fabulous start to your new week, everyone!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I'm praying here! I hope this trip is all that you need it to be!

Well, our week didn't get off to the best start. Ds woke up at 1:45 throwing up. For kids that don't get sick very often, my kids are GREAT at making it to the bathroom. I am SO appreciative of that. He got sick several times over a couple of hours so I gave him some Zofran and he was finally able to stop and get a little sleep. If he follows the pattern the rest of us have over the last couple of weeks, he will not get sick any more today but will feel pretty wiped out and then be fine tomorrow. We have nowhere to go today and just 4H tonight, so I'll find someone to take his place for that and we can have a down day--something that will be very appreciated here!!

*laundry--going now
    *hall bathroom
    *guest bathroom
    *clean out fridges
    *planning--art and the rest of the Olympics stuff
    *blog?
    *grocery order
    *school--at least with dd
    *fill out security application
    *Valentine boxes
    *start consignment sale tagging

Hopefully I'll be able to get some things done around the house today!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Jen -- so sorry ya'll have been passing around the stomach virus Praying you all get better and have a relaxing day at home today!

Heather -- praying for safe travels and a good visit! I know this is a tough one Are you just visiting your parents today or will you go back another day? And you're headed to DC afterwards to the lyme clinic?
    A funny about CFA -- we were headed back from FL yesterday, and all the kids (and we had 3 extra kids) kept talking about CFA. They'd see a sign and say, CFA -- they wanted to eat there. Then someone reminded them that it was Sunday..... When the conversation came back up about food and where to eat, CFA was repeated -- and everyone shouted, "It's SUNDAY!!!"

So we're home. Got home about 9:30 last night. It was a fantastic weekend on top of a fabulous week last week full of visiting with precious people. All was wonderful, but travelling 8 hours Friday, spending all day Saturday and Sunday through lunch in church and visiting intensely, and then driving home 8 hours last night was utterly exhausting. It was SO worth it. So, so, SO worth it, but we're all SO tired. In fact, Ben just got up, and the girls are still asleep.

Today will we:
    * try to get some schoolwork done -- not a full day, but some
    * unpack suitcases and wash clothes
    * clean out the 15 passenger van we had to borrow (we were driving some of our preacher's kids there and back -- we caravanned, but they were stayed an extra day, and some of their big kids had to come home). Kids had a ball travelling together. Need to get it spic and span the way it was given to us.
    * talk to my sister and my mom
    * make sure Jim can pick up Mattie's new contacts or I'll have to go to town and get them Hopefully he can .....
    * check out the food situation and see if I need to make a WM run
    * the biggest thing is to get unpacked, car cleaned out, everything re-homed, and get set up for the rest of the week.

Hope ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather -- praying for safe travels & good visit. Enjoy CFA

Jen -- hope Jack feels better quickly

Paige -- glad you had a good weekend! Hope you can rest some today

Beautiful sunshine but cold & windy! Hopefully I can stay inside today.....and hope the sunshine will give me energy

Today:
    • school
    • basic cleaning
    • figure out supper
    • pick a spot and work

Have a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning! It's still morning, right? We had a busy weekend. Bekah had a dress rehearsal for competition on Saturday and we had to clean the house. It was in desperate need of some loving. We watched the Opening Ceremonies Saturday night and had a small Olympic party. (I had DVR'ed them Friday.) We also watched some skating I had recorded. Yesterday, we watched some more Olympics before lunch and then we tidied and I cooked. We had friends over for dinner. We had a great time! Rod and the husband work together and they get on great, I love the wife, always so nice to hang out with her and they have two kids who are such buds with Juls and Jon. A great time and just really enjoyed the socializing. With the husbands work schedules, we hadn't all gotten together since fall, even though we have seen her and the kids a few times in between, mostly as they are involved with the same community theater.

Heather, praying for your trip and your visit with your parents!

Jen, so sorry sickness is still plaguing your family!

Paige, I hope you get some rest today!

Michelle, I hope the sunshine energizes you! I find sunshine a tricky thing. Sometimes I am energized and sometimes I just want to curl up in a sunny spot and snooze! Don't go looking for warm, sunny spots!

Today's list:
    -no pilates I slept in until almost 9am )
    -breakfast and chores are done
    -school has been started
    -made chicken salad for lunch, it's in the fridge waiting
    -Olympics! We are going to watch the Opening Ceremony parade of nations(we kind of skipped most of it Saturday because the kids wanted to go right to sports) and we will be finding countries on the globe, and I printed off a list to write which continent they are on, population and athletes participating. We also have space for medal counts.
    -chiro for Bekah and then dance
    -dance for Jon
    -dinner, leftovers from last night
    -pick up Bekah from dance

Sprinkle in more Olympics as time allows. And I want to plan some more Olympic unit study stuff for the rest of the week. I know I have an Amanda Bennett unit I want to find and use to pull activities from. We won't do the whole month, just this week and next.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Thanks everyone! We are about twenty minutes out from CFA in State College, PA - home to Penn State.

It's almost 1:30 and we're ready for lunch. 😊

Paige, we're on the way to my parent's right now. We'll visit for a few hours and head on to our accommodations. Tomorrow morning we go the Lyme Dr.

Time to be navigator. The sun is bright and it's a beautiful day!

Good afternoon!

Ds is still feeling sick so I just gave him some zofran.

I've also:
    *finished laundry, including a load of towels
    *cleaned out the fridges
    *cleaned the hall bathroom
    *worked on some consignment sale stuff
    *read with kids
    *started on security application--had to send in a question since I don't have a job...but I'm almost finished with it!
    *took a shower

Now I need to get the grocery order in!

I'm up and at 'em. So far today:

-had breakfast
    -ran in to 7-11 to get some crackers to add to dd's lunch
    -took dd to school

For the rest of today:
    -respond to several e-mails
    -two video chat interviews with potential interns
    -school with Wesley
    -school with Hudson
    -pet store for dog food
    -grocery shop
    -buy Wesley a calendar
    -birthday shopping for Hudson?
    -pick up dd
    -dinner
    -practice piano
    -get Hudson to clean his turtle aquarium

Heather, Praying for your trip!
    Jen, oh no! I hope your ds feels better soon.
    Shay, your olympic party sounds fun.
    Michelle, I hope you get that energy!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Jen -- hope ds feels better soon

Heather -- was CFA good?

Lindsey -- when is Hudson birthday

Shay -- good ideas with Olympics

Didn't find much energy today. Maybe tomorrow

For supper i fixed hamburger steak, brown gravy, mashed potatoes & green peas.

I made the mashed potatoes using light purple potatoes and a few white ones. They were all little bitty potatoes. But when I mashed them it came out pink/light purple. Dh thought it was jello fruit salad stuff

Dh came in with a bouquet of 6 pink roses & a card. And also some cokes
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- I am delighted that you got flowers today! CFA was good!

Thank you for praying! It was the best visit we could have had. Saying goodbye was hard.

We are still on the road. We left my parent's after 9pm. After we saw that awesome snow board run from Chloe Kim. We should arrive in about ten minutes. Tomorrow will come early.