Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- spiff them up, hoe them out, make them enjoyable places to be!

School Challenge: Book challenge- library business, new books, read aloud, new reading assignments

For me today:
    * breakfast- not easy
    * appts-on our way now and in DC rush hour
    * make plans with others
    * relax

Busy drive... Told Dan to just think of his bike commute.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good Morning!
    We have lovely, bright sunshine this morning, and there's still snow on the ground.

HeatherW-- So glad the visit with your parents was good. Praying your appointments go just as well today. Glad you got to see some snowboarding too. I'm sure R. enjoyed watching.

I need to go back and finish reading up from yesterday, and maybe Sunday, I don't remember.

Today will be a normal day.
    School with ds10, tutoring lessons to write. Keeping things picked up and tidy. Feeding people.
    Olympics is messing with my reading for tutoring, but I need to focus on my assignments that are due on Saturday. Yikes. It's OK not to have all the reading done, but there are some written summaries I need to crank out.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good morning! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here.

Heather, I'm sorry; I remember our days of DC traffic. Ugh.

Cindy, we have Olympics Syndrome around here too!

For today:

-I'm still stuck in last week's challenge. Our kitchen has a nook that used to be a very small closet. It has been the office space for years. This weekend I cleaned it out with the eye toward making it my work space since we are converting the dining room to do office duty. I pulled all that stuff out of the cabinets and off the counter and... It's still piled up. It's visually intimidating to me. So I'll be working on that.

-I will have the girls work in their room and the closet. I would love it if I am able to get to our room this week!

-I have to make a plan for tonight's dinner, and as well get the pork roast brining for tomorrow night's dinner.

-School is on tap, of course, and after that I have lots of research to decide where we go from here medically.

-On the table project, today I need to tape off areas in two boards to fill them with epoxy. I am probably going to do one today to make sure it works and if it does, do the other tomorrow. After that, I have to wait on DH to be available to help me with the assembly. The final step will be to put a finish coat on the whole table, and then to let it cure.

-For CH2, it is a good time to check on K's reading assignments and see where she is.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

Good morning, all

Heather -- glad ya'll had a safe trip and had a good visit with your parents. I'm certain it was hard Praying all goes better than expected today!

Cindy -- Have a good day! Hope you get all your reading done!

Michelle -- for flowers. Hurray!

We were SO drained yesterday. We got some school done, some laundry done, bags unpacked, and lots of just "being" and recuperating.

Today:
    * need to call the orthodontist about Ben and set up an appointment for a consult
    * SCHOOL -- that's big on the to-do list
    * more laundry? Need to check out the status of things
    * figure out supper. I have zero fresh veggies or salad makings, and with trying to do WW, that's hard, BUT I really don't want to leave the house, so I'm trying to think outside the box. Not sure what I'm going to do or if I'm going to wind up going to town
    * start reading The Pearl if there's time -- book discussion is on Friday

* also, Katie and I leave next Wednesday to go the FL Christian Writer's Conference again She's so excited. Meanwhile, I had all my outfits planned, and I just checked the weather -- it's going to be 85 most of the time we're there That means I need to revamp my wardrobe, and I have no clue what I'm going to take to wear. UGH!!!

Hope ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

We've been watching the Olympics, too! It was so nice to be able to stay home last night--rare for a Monday with 4H.

Ds is feeling better this morning and said he'd like to go to IEW. He doesn't feel up to PE, though, and dd's friend will not be there, so we're just skipping that for the day.

*laundry--done
    *IEW
    *toy shop
    *Target
    *library
    *Goodwill
    *Hobby Lobby--maybe
    *grocery pick up
    *call swimming to let them know kids will be gone tonight
    *skit practice--last one!!
    *trash and recycling out
    *Valentine boxes

Still a full day, but much less than Tuesdays have been lately!

Have a great day today, friends!

Cindy- are you still doing classes or just tutoring? That's a lot of work! Will you be certified?

Shay- are you tapping trees this year?

Jen - so sorry you missed your party the other night.

Paige - another trip to FL so soon? Have fun!

We are in place for the appt and they are taking both boys now!!! So amazing. One was at 10:30 and the other not till 2:45. We'll be able to leave the city this morning!

Heather -- glad your visit went well. Praying for good dr visit

Robin -- your table is coming along

Jen -- glad ds is feeling better

Cindy -- Olympics ...last night I was watching a show. Ds1 came in grabbed remote and changed to Olympics. I looked at him. He said...what it's the Olympics! We should be watchimg.

Paige -- I know you will find something great to wear!

I have a couple projects I was going to force myself to do today. Then I remembered ds2 has haircut appointment in middle of day. I don't want to start, stop & shower then come back to mess and end up icky again.

It isn't like I don't have plenty of other projects I need to do. I had just convinced myself to take on this project

Ok enough whining I am off to do something.

Have a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Heather, you just woke me up! I am still in deep mental winter mode and then you asked about tapping. I saw you mention it last week and thought you were crazy early, but my brain must be stuck in January! I just checked the 10 day and looks like I get to add tapping to my list this week. And I'm glad the visit was good. Will you get another visit on the way home?

Paige, you have doing quite the bit of traveling lately!

Michelle, I am always starting new projects with others waiting in the wings... Story of my life...

Robin, I get those intimidating piles! They just freeze you up!

Jen, I always enjoy an unexpected evening at home!

Cindy, Olympics on here right now! I'm folding laundry and overseeing math work that is getting done during commercials and runs made by other countries.

Today's list:
    -breakfast done
    -chores done
    -school is being done
    -folding laundry, I washed 8 loads this weekend, but dh was on nights, so sleeping all day. Now I get to fluff and fold them, while catching up on Olympic coverage.
    -Bekah has dance
    -Js want to go Valentine shopping
    -dinner, need a plan for today and tomorrow

And next week is PS vacation week and I thought we had no dance. Rebekah has dance. sigh... And one day the teacher scheduled it for 10:30AM. I e-mailed her this morning to let her know that Bekah is still in school next week and not available until 1PM. We'll see how that goes over. Normally, I could be flexible, but Bekah used all her flexibility up in the fall and I need to be more strict. We HAVE to finish on time as Bekah will be in PA for ballet 5 weeks this summer. No time for summer school!

Okay, dryer dinged. Time to go.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(17), Rebekah(15), Julianne(10), Jonathan(7)and Joshua(3)

HW - So glad the visit went well yesterday! Prayin for the Lyme appointments today too.

Dan stayed home from work yesterday, he wasn't feeling well. We mad it through school, cleaned, and hosted community group.

Today so far:
    went over my talk, changed up the ending a bit. I think I am ready
    talked to dh about some stuff
    phone call
    Table Time
    got kids going on independent lessons

up next:
    lunch
    finish school
    get ready for tonight - I am speaking at our monthly women's meeting.
    I hope I can get dinner ready first, but if not we do have some left-overs.

Have a great day ladies!
    Olympics - Shay - way to go on all the Olympic lessons and fun!
    We haven't watched the snowboarding from last night yet, but heard about it!
    I did see that amazing men's cross-country skiing where the guy from Norway (?) won after completely wiping out. It was amazing!

Robin - I can't wait to see your finished table! So amazing!

I gotta run!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Hey all Lunchtime check in ....

* Angela -- Hope your talk goes well tonight! I know you've been preparing. You'll be great!!!

Heather -- glad they got your boys in at the same time! That helps!

Shay -- Yikes on the teacher just assuming .....

Robin -- yeah for the table work!

Michelle -- I get you about projects.

Jen -- glad it's not quite a full day today for ya'll! Hope everyone can heal up!

Here:
    * we've been working on school.
    * I've answered several phone calls and made Ben's ortho consult
    * I haven't even looked at the status of laundry
    * trying to figure out supper and keep coming up clueless. The boys want roast, but I don't have carrots. Guess I could do it anyway and just not add them.
    I think the reality is that I'm being lazy and do NOT want to go to town to buy groceries I have to go out tomorrow, but having two days at home with no excursions is just too irresistible. We'll manage

* I need to call my mom and sister -- never did that yesterday

More school this afternoon.
    Need to read with Ben and do some FIAR if I can get it together Coming off of a trip is hard to get back into the groove Being real.

Ya'll have a good afternoon.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)