Thread: Instant Pot Question

Default Instant Pot Question

I've had my IP since last Christmas and love it, but today it's started acting up. It's getting hot and starting the "countdown," but it's not coming to pressure -- I can open the pot (and things are boiling), but the little valve hasn't popped up either. Is my seal going bad? Anyone know?
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Is the valve blocked at all?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I don't see any blockage in the valve. I washed it all thoroughly, took off the plastic "seal" and scrubbed it, and it still didn't work.

After doing some research, I'm wondering if my seal is bad -- it sounds like they stretch and possibly crack over time, and I've used this one frequently for over a year.....

I'm going to reclean and try again, but I'm also thinking that I'm going to have to buy another seal. We'll see.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige, I had that happen a while ago, and in my case it was the seal. I bought extras. They're good to have on hand. I have read that if you use the pot often, the seals should be replaced between 6-9 months of use.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Thanks, robin. That reiterates my thoughts.