Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- spiff them up, hoe them out, make them enjoyable places to be!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought: There is the great lesson of 'Beauty and the Beast,' that a thing must be loved before it is lovable. - GK Chesterton

For me today:
    • leave a Valentine surprise for my Valentine
    • meet my friend for breakfast- in my home town
    • hang out- and do some crafting with my friend
    • meet back with my family for dinner
    • hang out this evening - play games
    • blog work- I'm sure I'll have a little time for this today

Today is a relaxing day for everyone. We kept a stiff schedule the first two days, but now things slow down. Which is good.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies!

My talk at the monthly women's meeting went really well., I was sharing some of my story and what the Lord has taught be about forgiveness. It was hard and I am glad it is over, but I feel like the Lord blessed it. Several of my friends that do not normally come to the monthly meeting showed up to support me, which was really nice.

I normally make everyone a nice breakfast and we exchange Valentine's, but I did not do it this year.
    We will do it this evening.

HW - Enjoy your time at breakfast and crafting - that sounds lovely!

I need to decide if I am taking the kids to the Ash Wednesday service at lunch time. I need to decide...now. I kinda forgot about it in preparing for last night. I didn't grow up with Lent, but I find going to the service does help me "mark that time."

goals for the day:
    school
    Help the kids work on their Valentine's for the party on Friday
    laundry
    general picking up etc.
    Decluttering in the laundry room. It is a hot mess right now.

Before we had kids, Dan and I would always get Chinese take-out at home for Valentine's Day and it was very romantic....
    We still get the Chinese take-out, but it is not nearly as romantic sharing the dinner with the kids - ha!
    So, that is what we are doing for dinner tonight.

I may also try to make a nice dessert.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all

Heather -- glad your family has a down day and glad you got to see your brother last night Have a FUN day with your friend!

Angela -- so glad the talk went well last night, and I'm glad your friends came out to support you and about the romantic Chinese pre-kids! HA!!! Life changes. "Romance" isn't the same, but life is definitely more joy-filled But "romance" changes, too -- love takes different forms over the years, imo.

Here:
    * just had to wake kids up -- they've been staying up to watch the Olympics (not as late as they're on), so they want to sleep later. It's okay.
    * M. has art lessons this morning, so I'm taking her to meet my friend. Afterwards, said friend will drop her off at one of her friend's houses, and her mom is taking them to a coffee shop for a fun early afternoon
    * meanwhile, I'm loading everyone else up and am taking them on errand runs...
    -- library
    -- JcPenney (Katie needs some black flats, and I need a new bra ).
    -- Aldi
    -- maybe another shoe store???? We'll see what we find

* home for some school
    * laundry's already going
    * back to town about 2 to pick M. up
    * make an appetizer for tonight -- we have church and then a finger food fellowship after church at someone's house. My kids want me to make this bread-bowl sausage dip that I make. It's yummy and easy!

I think it's going to be a full day.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I've been missing and have a lot to catch up on. The week of sickness and then the end of basketball season made things busy.

Heather - your day sounds lovely! Enjoy!

Angela - I'm so glad your talk went well and that you had sweet supportive friends there too!

For today:
    *I has extemp (speech and debate) club this afternoon which is mom participation too (3+ hour away from home). This is our only out of the home commitment. Oh, and he is also working at CFA.
    *J is sick again. Ran a fever yesterday and slept almost the entire day! Sick day protocol for a T1 kept me on my toes.
    *Need to do some school work.
    *Wanted to do something fun for today, but I don't have much steam. Have chocolate muffins for breakfast - a very late one. Will probably make our traditional pizza (heart shaped with pepperonis cut to say "I love you" on top).
    *Cook a fun dessert with Eliana from her Raddish cooking kit
    *Make cards for two friends & hopefully deliver
    *Want to order a gift

That's it for now. Need to get people moving. Have a great day friends!

Paige - We have been staying up too late as well. Makes for a less productive day for all of us. I know I'm tired too!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Good morning! It's sunny and cold here.

I will come back and read more thoroughly later, got to run in a couple of minutes.

I told DH no cards, no flowers, no chocolates, no gift. We are just going out somewhere casual, wearing jeans, and having a meal and hanging out together. I just want to spend time together. We are so rushed right now.

I am on the way out the door; got to get K across town to an eye appointment. On the way home, I will stop and pick up MRI images. Then, home, drop K and pick up Belle. She has an appointment about her jaw. After that appt, I will take her to the hospital; she gets off late tonight and I would rather pick her up than have her walk across the parking lot at midnight in that neighborhood.

After I drop her, there will be "morning table time" and then I don't even know what. At some point in all that I have to get the pork in the oven; it's what we're having for dinner the next several nights. Although not tonight, so I might wait until tomorrow to cook it.

Okay, got to run. See y'all in a bit.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good morning!

Heather, enjoy your day! It sounds great!!

Angela, I'm glad the talk went well!

Leslie, I hope you all can be done with the sickness soon. You've been dealing with a lot!

Paige, good luck with the shopping!

Robin, enjoy your dinner!

We are not big Valentine celebrators. In fact, I'm getting you a gift is said more as a threat around here. But I did get dh a bag of chocolates, so he said I'd sealed my fate. I got the kids a copy of Wonder and made (poorly shaped) heart pancakes this morning. We'll have a Valentine-ish snack for tea time, too.

*laundry--going now, but I need to do more because I've somehow managed to get behind
    *make parfaits--ongoing and hopefully done by tea time!
    *school--probably light because I'm unprepared today!
    *artist study/tea time
    *kids' bathroom
    *consignment sale tagging
    *blog?
    *dd to gymnastics
    *church loop
    *prep overnight french toast

I also need to check on dinner--I think I have something planned for the crock pot. And I need to call my grandma. She had the flu and has developed pneumonia, but thankfully she has not had to go to the hospital yet.

Phew! I am not prepared for the day! I will do my best to make it a good one anyway!

Have a great day today, friends!

Heather - enjoy the day!

Angela - glad the talk went well

Paige - that dip sounds yummy

Leslie - glad y'all are doing better & love the pizza

Robin -- quiet time sounds like a good thing!

Jen - sealed your fate!!

Love hearing about y'alls valentines!

Dh & I were talking other night. He asked if I had gotten the boys valentines yet. Nope. He said he got them a card and planned on getting them a small playstation card but wondered if he should get chocolate. I said nope they would rather have the ps card.

Y'all this is pretty big. Since ds1 was born dh has bought valentines for the boys maybe 2 times. This has always been up to me. For him to say..I already bought cards and will buy a gift is huge.

I don't expect a gift not even want one. Between getting the boys gift and bringing home sonic 1/2 price burgers last night I am happy! (Have I ever mentioned I love sonic burgers )

I was fixing to cook last night when dh called to say..hey it's 1/2 price burgers night. I am bringing home burgers. I count that as my anniversary & valentine's meal. I
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Happy Valentine's Day! Not a huge day here, but I did get up and make JulieY's chocolate chip coffeecake for breakfast. Added some Valentine sprinkles to make it more Valentine-y. The Js were really into it this year and bought candy(ring pops, conversation hearts and marshmallow hearts) and made gift bags for everyone. I also bought cards and made little gift bags as well. Mostly candy(Hershey Kisses, cherry jelly hearts and a small heart of chocolates) with some new pencils thrown in. Yeah, homeschool mom. And I bought Lik M Aid packets for Joshua to give out. Nic and Beks were happy to receive, but not into giving this year.

Today:
    -breakfast done
    -chores done
    -school is working
    -lunch, need a plan quick
    -massage for me, happy sigh...
    -dance for girls
    -dinner, need to see if there is a special request from my Valentine
    -dance pick-up
    -Olympics

Dh said he needed to go shopping today. I told him I didn't need anything, but I would love it if he would clean up my sap pan and check the firebox of my boiler. He asked if that's what I wanted for Valentine's as he normally does that for me every year. I told him yes and my gift will be not feeling guilty he's cleaning up my mess.

Better go figure lunch since I need to leave in an hour for my massage!

Valentine trivia, dh proposed 25 yrs ago today.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

for your dh, Michelle! And I'm with you, not cooking is the best gift ever!!!

Shay, Happy Engagement Anniversary! My dd was really into Valentines this year, too. She made really cute boxes for me and ds and left us a note every morning and made cards for her friends and her church teacher she'll see tonight. Yesterday she went shopping at the used toy store they like to go to and she got ds a poop emoji pillow, a couple of cute beanie babies for me, and some Beauty and the Beast figurines for dh for the movie room. She was so excited to give them all!

I feel like I've been running in circles and not actually accomplishing much by the looks of it....
    *3 loads of laundry
    *worked on parfaits--just one more layer left
    *read a bunch with the kids--including Cranberry Valentine
    *got dinner ready for the crock pot
    *made lunch
    *cleaned the kids' bathroom
    *got dd through the shower

I called my grandma and she was up and down in the lobby visiting by the fireplace, but she sounded exhausted. My mom just let me know they're going to admit her to the hospital. Please pray...this very easily has the potential to be deadly for her. She's 87 and once something goes to her lungs like this she has such a hard time beating it. Of course, she always has, but at some point....well, please pray. I've talked with the kids about it and am trying to walk the line between this is just what we need to do to help her beat it and preparing them that she may not. So, we wait. I'm also concerned about timing as the kids have their skit on Friday evening. I hate to even have to think about that, but ds is literally on the stage speaking through the entire skit, so if something happened and he was not able to be there, I'm not sure what would happen. And I totally don't want to let down the dozen other kids who have been working on this for more than a month...

The kids are outside playing now--it's supposed to be in the 70s today and tomorrow! I'm going to keep working on cleaning up the kitchen and getting the art project set up!

Oh Jen - Thank you for the reminder about Cranberry Valentine! Off to look for that now.

I'm enjoying reading about y'alls day. Agreeing the food brought home is a wonderful gift! I cut my finger on Sunday while prepping for dinner and got it pretty good. Its still hurting though is looking better. I haven't done much cooking since. LOL
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).