Thread: Anyone use FIAR with a 13 year old

Default Anyone use FIAR with a 13 year old

Just wondering if anyone has ever used FIAR (vol 1-3) with a 13 year old. He is dyslexic and behind in writing, spelling and grammar, but otherwise does fine. I would use it to teach him and his 8 year old sister. Thoughts??

Thanks!

I wouldn't use Volumes 1-3 with a 13 y.o. You could try Volume 4 if you want to keep both children together, but his age is better suited to Beyond FIAR.
    Mom to Grace (15), Sarah (13), and Hannah (11)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

This is most likely the last year before high school, right? Or next year - so Beyond is the way to go. It promotes more independent learning.

I found that with my kids who were 5 years apart, we could do very little actually together. It's just too far apart in age. They can peek in and benefit from seeing/hearing what each other are doing, but not actually learning most things together, especially so close to high school.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback.