• did a whirlwind PTE
    • gathered grocery stuff
    • work drop
    • grocery store
    • brought groceries in
    • did a little more shoveling
    • filled the bird feeder
    • ran a load of kitchen towels/aprons
    • chatted with R about her sewing classes- she needs to get more formalized to reduce frustration
    • assigned math using CTC- have you all used this? It's kind of spiffy.
    • took notes on another study website- also very cool
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • brought in a delivery from UPS- my light kit for picture taking
    • took two kids to the dentist- made appts for all four and discussed with the dentist E's wisdom teeth removal (he's got two that probably need to come out)

Now we are back home and I'm going to sit in the sun at the kitchen table. As long as the sun stays out. It is elusive these days and the snow clouds are still all around us, so it won't last long.

I need to get a few kids working on school again. The time change combined with illness (both long and short) has my kids waking up later than normal.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Afternoon Ladies

HW - OOoh- a light kit!

Shay - I hope you can get some good rest tonight!

Cindy - I would cancel the appointment, you need the rest! I am sure your student will understand.

Cari - Congrats on the volunteer position, that sounds very cool!

Michelle - It sounds like you had a good time with friends yesterday even if the play was disappointing.

Paige - ATL traffic in pouring rain is never fun! I"m glad you made it there safely.

The snow definitely "stuck" yesterday even though all the forecasts said it would not. Dan's commute home was really rough as the roads were bad. Today, however, the sun is out and most of the snow has melted and the ground is muddy.

I am not working on any special projects this week in the house, I'm just trying to keep my head above water while I get retreat stuff ready.

so far today:
    laundry - second load going; will have 4 loads to fold
    school: math and reading for L; math, history reading, and written narrations for the girls
    e-mail sent to church elders
    finished name tags (the wrong tags were ordered and they couldn't be printed so I ended up handwriting them all. The tags also have their table number and room number on them so I couldn't just have the ladies write their own)
    trimmed table numbers

up next:
    clean downstairs bathroom
    go through retreat lists
    tidy kitchen
    more laundry
    decent dinner

H and L were both supposed to have ball practice, but they were cancelled - hooray! Tonight is the monthly dinner and community group training at church, but I am staying home with the kids. Ashlyn is doing okay, but I don't need her staying up late with her asthma acting up.

Instagram? - I think I am finally going to get an account. When I sign up should I sign up through my phone or e-mail?
    Would you pretty-please share your instagram names so I can follow you? Also any other favorite homeschooling accounts to follow? Thanks!
    Last edited by Angela Rose; 03-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- Use your phone to get your Instagram account and mine is established with email not a phone number. Is that what you mean? I've got a whole bunch of happy in my feed, I'd be happy to share. I'm @HeatherBSW.

There are TONS of Charlotte Mason homeschoolers there along with some biggies like Brave Writer and RAR. Homeschool Collective, Hymnary, By Sun and Candle, wild and free, outdoorhourchallenge, churchmouse at home, charlottemasonirl, Sally Clarkson.

Those are off the top of my head. If you have a favorite blogger, you can probably find her on there.

Welcome to IG!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Angela, I'm @jengeary76 and literally all I've posted there are cat pictures. I have not made the leap to using it for much...maybe some day!

I emailed about changing the tickets and it turned out I had already purchased ones for the date I wanted to switch to instead of when I thought I'd gotten them for. So I guess that worked out!

Writing went well. Mr. P read ds's letter to Taco Bueno aloud today (ranting about their queso change) and was very complimentary, which ds enjoyed. They were assigned a 5 paragraph paper on any topic of their choice and ds is already upstairs working on and planning to add two extra paragraphs. I wish I could bottle some of this for those other days.

I've gotten everything done on my list except swimming,dealing with trash and recycling, ironing, and making the pie. And I need to go check in on boot camp....I will do that now!

It's been a LONG afternoon. Not necessarily a bad one, but I'm feeling rather wiped out and slightly headachy, which really, is not a direction I wanted to be doing in at this point. My phone conference was really more of an interview, but NOW I have an official appointment to the position. We were on the phone nearly an hour and a half, which was WAY longer than I expected. But it was a good -- and productive -- conversation.

Dave called as I was getting back from my friend's appointment. Instead of being home tomorrow night as planned, he'll be home at 3:30 am. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. There's a very high probability it will wake me up, and will require quite a bit of restructuring of our day. I could have lived without that. We're back at that frustrating point of not transitioning well between him home and him not home. And considering he'll have been to Arizona & back (from Philadelphia) in less than 36 hours, I can't imagine he'll be all that pleasant .

And, to further complicate my life, there's a new product launch tonight. Sigh. I've gotten to the point where I don't stress nearly as much, but Phoebe really wants to launch the new piece, and there's no guarantee we'll get any (you get a random place in line). I just don't feel like dealing with it tonight. I was really hoping to get to bed early since there's no guarantee I'll go back to sleep after Dave arrives home.

So, here's what I've accomplished today:

• Up, dressed & ready for the day.
    • Made bed, tidied bedroom & bathroom.
    • Advanced last night's laundry to dryer.
    • Emptied dishwasher while coffee was brewing.
    • Hand-washed dishwasher fails. Ugh.
    • Bible & prayer time. House was SO quiet
    • Got TJ & Phoebe up and moving.
    • Quick check of email & FB (mostly for LLR).
    • Gave TJ instructions to get dinner in crock pot.
    • Took Phoebe to orthodontist appointment.
    • Did some LLR work while she was inside.
    • Stopped at Goodwill to do a drop-off (CH1).
    • Back home; checked status of schoolwork.
    • Ate a little something so I could take my meds.
    • Made dentist appts. for the kids. October!!!
    • More Lula work. Juggling five sales right now.
    • Did some packaging & shipping; out to the mail box.
    • Cleaned up breakfast mess; loaded dishwasher.
    • Processed completed laundry & distributed.
    • Finished powder room toilet & trash can (FLM).
    • Text conversation with Danielle about taxes .
    • Confirmed plans for later this afternoon.
    • Lula work on FB. But all was pretty quiet.
    • Phone conference with OCC coordinators.
    • Phoebe caught me up on the home office call.
    • Checked status of schoolwork; not so good .
    • Picked up Starbucks & took friend to appointment.
    • TJ worked on dinner while I was gone.
    • Everyone is kind of eating on their own.

Up next:

• Clean up dinner; run dishwasher.
    • Check TJ's assignments. Finish up school for the day.
    • Check for gaps in inventory to fill out order.
    • Online chat w/Intentional Moms; we're discussing scheduling.
    • Product launch. Mostly sit & wait our turn.
    • Downstairs tidy; school things away.
    • Get Phoebe tucked into bed.
    • Maybe West Wing, but thinking I'd rather read.
    • Bedtime routine & lights out

Nursing a little bit of a headache... not sure what that's about. But hopefully it will ease soon. Once I finish eating, I think I'm going to just close my eyes for a little bit. Just a little.
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)

HW - Thanks! I joined and followed your page. I am "AngelarRL"

Jen - I followed you too! MY kids love cute cat pics.

Cari - That sounds rough for you and for Dave! Praying his time home would be peaceful.

early evening update:
    downstairs hall bathroom is clean. I had let it go longer than usual.
    laundry - the kids took care of their clean stuff. I need to fold mine and Dan's
    I made a decent dinner although Dan wasn't here to enjoy it.
    Dinner is cleaned up

I joined instagram - let me know if you are on there! I am AngelaRL

up next:
    let the kids watch Liberty Kids and then I will read to them.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela. I’m paige_poland on IG. I never post, but I check up on my girls and look at friend pics.

Also, all of you on IG, katie started an author page if you’d like to
    Follow her (she’d love it). It’s katiepoland_author.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good evening!

When we got home this afternoon our neighbor came over to play with dd. Her mom texted to see if it was okay if she ran to the store (totally fine) and she wasn't back yet when it was time to go to swimming so we just took her with us, which of course, both girls loved. When we got home, dd walked her home and ended up staying and playing and now they're eating dinner.

Dh and ds and I had a nice leisurely dinner and now ds is showering, dh is puttering, and all I have left from my list is ironing!

And day is done. My body is SO confused. I'm not ready for bed. It's only 10:30 pm, not 11:30 pm. And even that would be early many nights. Sigh. I really hope to get at least a few hours sleep before Dave gets home, in case that's it for the night. Hopefully my downtime routine will help?

So, here's what I've accomplished today:

• Up, dressed & ready for the day.
    • Made bed, tidied bedroom & bathroom.
    • Advanced last night's laundry to dryer.
    • Emptied dishwasher while coffee was brewing.
    • Hand-washed dishwasher fails. Ugh.
    • Bible & prayer time. House was SO quiet
    • Got TJ & Phoebe up and moving.
    • Quick check of email & FB (mostly for LLR).
    • Gave TJ instructions to get dinner in crock pot.
    • Took Phoebe to orthodontist appointment.
    • Did some LLR work while she was inside.
    • Stopped at Goodwill to do a drop-off (CH1).
    • Back home; checked status of schoolwork.
    • Ate a little something so I could take my meds.
    • Made dentist appts. for the kids. October!!!
    • More Lula work. Juggling five sales right now.
    • Did some packaging & shipping; out to the mail box.
    • Cleaned up breakfast mess; loaded dishwasher.
    • Processed completed laundry & distributed.
    • Finished powder room toilet & trash can (FLM).
    • Text conversation with Danielle about taxes .
    • Confirmed plans for later this afternoon.
    • Lula work on FB. But all was pretty quiet.
    • Phone conference with OCC coordinators.
    • Phoebe caught me up on the home office call.
    • Checked status of schoolwork; not so good .
    • Picked up Starbucks & took friend to appointment.
    • TJ worked on dinner while I was gone.
    • Everyone is kind of eating on their own.
    • Cleaned up dinner; ran dishwasher.
    • Checked TJ's assignments. Finished up school for the day.
    • Checked for gaps in inventory to fill out order.
    • Online chat w/Intentional Moms; scheduling.
    • Product launch. We were 28,110th in line. Sold out.
    • Downstairs tidy; school things away.
    • Got Phoebe tucked into bed.
    • Finished up some Lula work. Caught up for now.

Really not sure right now. TJ may want to watch. He's all messed up too, considering he rarely goes to bed before midnight. I guess why not. But I'm signing off from anything electronic (other than the television, if we do watch) for the night. WAY too much computer time today!

I'm out early tomorrow, so I'll see you all in the afternoon! Good night!!
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)