Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Extra spaces- guest rooms, craft rooms, dump spots, basements, and even garages, porches, etc. Choose to work on a project in those areas this week. What will it be?

School Challenge: Book challenge- rearrange books, strew new ones, read aloud, prepare library business, etc.

Inspiring Thought: The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them. - Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

For me today:
    • PTE and grocery store
    • school time
    • school planning
    • laundry
    • nature journal
    • blog work- today I'll focus on publishing a post before doing any course work
    • get the trash out
    • put away seasonal items in the basement- to start cleaning there for the flooring project later in the spring
    • take the boys to fly

It's snowing this morning...been snowing all night. I think the same thing happens tomorrow. It's not amounting to tons and tons, but the ground is covered again and it's gloomy. Snow clouds are low. I would like to see the sun! But, the birds are here and they are noisy. So, spring will come.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

Snow! I'm not all for that anymore, Heather!

I'm up and ready and the laundry is done. I also realized that we have play tickets next month when we'll be out of town for the day, so I just sent an email to see if I can change the days since they're doing it for two days.

The rest of the day:
    *pack school
    *have ds add one thing to his paper and then reprint
    *pack lunches
    *unload car trunk--dog food, etc.
    *IEW/do school with dd
    *PE
    *library
    *pick up groceries
    *swimming lessons
    *put out trash and recycling
    *ironing
    *make pudding pie for tomorrow

A full one! I think I'm prepared, though, so hopefully it will go smoothly!

Have a great day today, friends!

Hey all. Quick
    Check in ...:

Posted this on the fb group — I’ve popped on the forums but hate to type on my phone and there hasn’t been much time. All is s well Traffic and weather were awful and stressful from Atlanta to Macon on Sunday. And it poured rain from Atlanta all the way to my parents (3+ hours). Went to the new house yesterday — it’s super cute Had dinner with my sister and her family. Sister is coming here today to help sort and go through stuff Thankfully my parents have really done a great job at getting rid of lots and cleaning out. Hurray! Meeting my sil
    At my nephews tennis match at 4 to visit for an hour. A full schedule!

Hope all of y’all ate doing well
    Cari — it’s good to see you back
    Cindy — praying you’re recovering from your ordeal!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

Heather, good luck starting on basement prep! Ours is in desperate need, but I'm waiting until summer. It will be nice and cool during the hot days.

Jen, hoping the day goes smoothly for you and you can switch the tickets.

Paige, hoping the time goes well with your family!

Cindy, hope you are at home recovering and relaxing!

Cari, nice to see you! Bekah had to make that decision between dance and sport(softball) last year. She still misses softball, but not enough to cut back on dance.

We are just waiting for the snow to start here. Was supposed to start during the wee hours, but now they are saying lunchtime. Schools, libraries and dance are all closed or closing early, so I have no where to go today! Woohoo! Woohoo!

Today's list:
    -breakfast done
    -chores going
    -school work
    -found clothes for Julie, bought a skirt at the thrift store. Need to wash, steam, iron everything and pack it up.
    -Nick needs to steam his suits and I think his shirts may be done, then we need to pack his up.
    -found a box of boy dress clothes, need to see if there is TP stuff for Jon and if not, order something. He doesn't need until April, but I know if I don't do it now, I'll forget until too late.
    -might have Bekah review her TP clothes as well
    -at some point, Nick and I will be moving snow around. Probably not until dinner time and I hope it's still light. I hate doing it in the dark.
    -need to figure out meals for today
    -also need to figure out some dance stuff. Lack of communication this year is driving me nuts.

I know there is likely more on my list. I didn't sleep well last night. I took melatonin to try to get to sleep early so I could wake up early. Well, I was awake at 3am. Didn't get back to sleep until almost 5am and then just could not wake up this morning! I didn't get going until close to 9am. sigh...
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Good morning all

We got snow yesterday. Its mostly remaining on cards today. It was so pretty falling yesterday. We got a lot of rain before the snow though so it wasn't really good for playing in but we did enjoy watching it.

Heather - Hope your day turns bright and is productive for you.
    Jen - Hope you are able to switch the tickets!
    Paige - So sorry about the tough travels. Glad you made it safely and hope your days are well there.
    Shay - Enjoy the day home! I kind of like those too. Our stuff was cancelled for yesterday and I didn't mind.

For me today:
    *Confirm field trip
    *Cancel OT appt
    *Call counselor
    *Msg a couple of friends to reply
    *Determine time arrival of guests on Thu
    *Try to work ahead in school work
    *Finish laundry that got left in yesterday ... oops!
    *Ped appt with 1 today
    *American Heritage Girls tonight - see if any badge work can be completed before we go.

Have a great day all!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Good Morning!
    We have a lovely little snow squall happening right now. It's grey and very cloudy, so the snow sort of perks things up a bit. I'm ready for spring.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers yesterday. Everything went very well, at least that's what the dr. told dh. He showed the broken up stone to dh and gave him instructions. I'm hoping he saved the stone so I can see it at the office. I'll be quite disappointed if I don't get to meet the bugger. Other than keeping the stent pain manageable, I'm doing well.

Shay-- I woke up at 3:30am and didn't get back to sleep until 5:30am. I'm guessing the little anesthesia nap I had yesterday had something to do with it.

Cari-- Love your nighttime coloring routine. Glad to see you back. We've missed you.

So far:
    • slept in until 7:30am... laid on the couch until 8:30
    • went through all the backlogged mail
    • updated bill calendar and paid a bill
    • eating some breakfast

For TODAY:
    • read alouds with ds11... not sure what else will happen
    • finish my tutoring lessons for tomorrow??... I'm already thinking about cancelling, unless the stent pain goes down by then. I hate missing. I don't want my students to lose momentum, but.... right now I'm thinking they'll bounce back just fine.
    • do some light housework, maybe work with some dump piles
    • what's for supper?... we need a good, solid meal
    • call dr. office back... they just left me a message

That will be my day. Nothing strenuous. Lots of water.
    Enjoy your day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Cari -- Good to see you!!

Angela -- hope Ashlyn is feeling better

Leslie -- busy week, y'all needed to sleep in

Heather -- hope your bunch is on the mend

Jen -- that is hard with your grandma. Praying she will be better once home

Shay -- my week isn't as busy as yours and the time change is kicking my rear

Cindy -- hope all went well with procedure.

Yesterday we were up super early and off to see a play. We carpooled with my friend so that was nice. The play was not what I was expecting It was ok just different.

After the play several from our group met to eat lunch. The ones that ended up going all get along great. We ate and talked for a long time.

Once home I "planned" on working around the house Yeah time change, weekend headache, not sleeping well all weekend, up super early etc. caught up with me. I did nothing but sit in my chair reading & dozing.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Heather -- so will you move stuff to basement while doing flooring?

Jen -- you are moving and grooving this morning! Way to go!

Paige -- sorry about stressful drive. YAY for parents fluttering

Shay -- YAY for staying home. Don't know about YAY for snow

Leslie -- glad you got to watch pretty snow fall

Cindy -- take it easy today!

We have beautiful sunshine this morning but it is cold! 30*

We got a little dusting of snow Sunday night/Monday morning but was gone before we left for the play. The city we went to go more snow, just heavier dusting and none on the road. It was pretty on the houses and some grass.

Today:
    • school -- lots
    • vacuum
    • laundry
    • cards down and put away
    • find page protectors for ds2
    • gather paper work needed
    • update calendar
    • find clothes for tonight
    • Ch 1 - hall
    • funeral home

This evening is funeral for our friend.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Michelle- Yes, we will be moving some of our furniture to the basement while we work on flooring. The plan is to have all the carpeting removed and then clean the floors, replace any subflooring because of pet stains that have undoubtedly reached the subfloor(from the previous owner), paint the walls and trim, and then a month later have the new flooring put in. The carpet will be installed by the company, but right now it appears Dan will be installing the wood floors himself.

We've only gotten a full quote from one company, so Dan has emailed them for specs on the carpet we've chosen. That should give us a bench mark for how low in price we are willing to go. Dan has been using the Carpet Captain website which gives a lot of information on what makes carpet durable, etc. It tells what different properties mean in a carpet and how that translates to the quality of the carpet.

The other two shops have not given us a quote on our first floor. Seriously...how hard can that be? And one shop has not broken down the quotes. As in, there are no line items just a total price. Yeah...dh is not working with that. If they don't pony up specifics, they are out.

So, all these rooms are full of furniture and things. The only rooms we are not redoing flooring in are the bathrooms (3 of them), the kitchen, and the basement. We'll put some things in the kitchen and maybe even some in our master bathroom (which is enormous), but a lot will go into the basement until we can put it back.

It's going to be a gigantic hassle. The number of books we will have to move alone will be extraordinary, let alone anything else.
    Last edited by Heather W; 03-13-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Was about to say good morning, but oops, it's afternoon already, isn't it? How on earth did THAT happen!

Thanks for the welcome back, ladies! I truly missed being here, hopefully I can settle into some semblance of a routine again. It's been a wild ride. And there are still some things pending in my life that could make it wilder, but I'm trying to turn that over in prayer then move on from day to day. It will be what it will be.

So Shay & Leslie, have you become regulars again? I've seen you both post two days in a row already!

Shay, yeah, it was a hard decision. I think it's going to be even harder when her teammates find out -- she's the goalie. As in for high school, she would BE the goalie. Varsity goalie is graduating, didn't have a JV goalie last year. And she was the varsity goalie for junior high with no back-up the past year. There's another girl that used to play and is interested in getting back in goal, so I'm sure it'll work out. To be truthful, I don't think she has the skill to be a high school varsity goalie at 14, and the stress would be incredibly intense. She made a very well-thought out decision. What ultimately made her choose was the fact that nearly all her teammates play for the local travel team in addition to the school district, and she has no desire to do so even if we would let her, and she felt as though if soccer were her true priority, she'd be begging to play, not desperately wishing we'd let her add ANOTHER dance class (specifically, pointe) to her schedule. Curious, how many days is Bekah at dance? Right now, Phoebe is there three days one week, four the next, but we're probably looking at four or five next year if she makes first company, and most likely, she will.

Anyway, I digress. One thing I didn't mention in my update is that I took a year-round volunteer position with Operation Christmas Child as Community Relations Coordinator, which basically means overseeing a team of the doers (like the guy who actually LIKES cold-calling businesses and media outlets), scheduling volunteers for events such as when Chick Fil A sponsors a box collection site, etc. Mostly logistics and paper-pushing, which is right up my alley, with a few small-group public speaking events (eg. girl scout troops, etc.). I'm excited. I have a conference call today to start my training.

So, here's what I've accomplished today:

• Up, dressed & ready for the day.
    • Made bed, tidied bedroom & bathroom.
    • Advanced last night's laundry to dryer.
    • Emptied dishwasher while coffee was brewing.
    • Hand-washed dishwasher fails. Ugh.
    • Bible & prayer time. House was SO quiet
    • Got TJ & Phoebe up and moving.
    • Quick check of email & FB (mostly for LLR).
    • Gave TJ instructions to get dinner in crock pot.
    • Took Phoebe to orthodontist appointment.
    • Did some LLR work while she was inside.
    • Stopped at Goodwill to do a drop-off (CH1).
    • Back home; checked status of schoolwork.
    • Ate a little something so I could take my meds.
    • Made dentist appts. for the kids. October!!!
    • More Lula work. Juggling five sales right now.
    • Did some packaging & shipping; out to the mail box.
    • Cleaned up breakfast mess; loaded dishwasher.
    • Processed completed laundry & distributed.
    • Finished powder room toilet & trash can (FLM).
    • Text conversation with Danielle about taxes .
    • Confirmed plans for later this afternoon.

Up next:

• A little more Lula work while things are slow.
    • Conference call with OCC coordinators; schedule training.
    • Maybe listen to LLR home office call (overlaps).
    • Check schoolwork. Some one-on-one with Phoebe.
    • Head out; pick up Starbucks & take friend to appointment.
    • Back home; probably dinner time by then.
    • Clean up dinner; run dishwasher.
    • Check TJ's assignments. Finish up school for the day.
    • Maybe some game time with the kids.
    • Online chat w/Intentional Moms; discussing scheduling.
    • Downstairs tidy; school things away.
    • Get Phoebe tucked into bed.
    • Maybe West Wing, but thinking I'd rather read.
    • Bedtime routine & lights out

And that's that. My extra-space challenge is actually two areas this week. I'm working on Sara's/Dani's/now somewhat Phoebe's room (FLM) to get that a bit organized. Danielle's departure was so abrupt that little in the way of organizing occurred. Sara still has stuff in there. And now Phoebe is sleeping there until Dave gets around to fixing her ceiling fan, AND uses that room for Lula photography. So it's a bit crazy. AND we need to do some serious work on our Lula Cave, as we've gotten a lot of new inventory and we're prepping for an open house. Maybe tomorrow on that.

Only half an hour until my call... need to get a little more done before then!
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)