Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Foyers, mudrooms, entryways, and laundry areas- whatever you can improve in these areas!

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those who sang the best. - John James Audubon

For me today:
    • make snack
    • church and snack duty
    • get pictures of outfit printed
    • drop R down for turning in her design
    • blog work
    • school planning
    • math with 10th grader- who had some sick days this past week
    • play a game
    • bullet journal time
    • reading time
    • PTE and a food plan for the week
    • call my dad

It's our snack team day at church, so I need to prep something to share. Probably going to be applesauce, but it would be nice for me to take something else...maybe some oatmeal bars. They are quick and easy. Doubling the batch would be best though. Let's see if I can manage that.

I was daydreaming of using our state park pass this morning. Forgot to even put my glasses on and came downstairs without them! It's 23 out. I've kept it together throughout March and now I think I can safely say I have spring fever.

If you missed R's finished design, it's on yesterday's thread. Four pictures- one of the front and then the back plus two for details. I should have taken a close up up the back of the corset though. Next time she has it on!

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

I hope you get your spring soon, Heather! We have had some pretty cold weather here lately and I am not a fan!

I overslept this morning so we are missing church. Other than that, it should be a typical Sunday...
    *laundry--going now
    *edit ds's IEW paper--I think he needs to finish his conclusion, though
    *planning
    *ironing
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *choir
    *grocery pick up

Have a great day today, friends!

Heather -- R did an AMAZING job! She is so talented!!

Jen -- y'all do lunch with your parents every Sunday? Does any other family join y'all?

It is cold here again. 34* But the sun is peeking out every little bit.

So far:
    • slept late..well stayed in bed late. I was awake but warm and comfortable
    • started load laundry
    • cleaned both bathrooms
    • gathered towels for next load laundry
    • emptied dish drainer
    • fixed coffee
    • opened curtains
    • had quiet time
    • updated calendars

Rest of day:
    • laundry
    • living room pick up
    • vacuum
    • find old kindle and charge
    • talk to Cameron about bday cake....he will be 20 Friday
    • decide on tonight's supper ..Carter asked for pizza other day. Will see what B says.
    • make cookies??
    • planning - school, meals & week events
    • empty all trash
    • big can to road
    • shower early
    • watch sporting event tonight...family fun time

I really should get moving but I think I will sit and finish my coffee while listening to the scanner. Something going on.

Have a blessed
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, my mom makes Sunday dinner for my family and my sister's family every week. Growing up we would eat at my grandparents' house or one of my aunts' houses (or ours) maybe monthly, but when my sister graduated from high school she went to college in our town, but lived in the dorms, so every Sunday she and her boyfriend (now my bil) would come over after church for lunch and hang out (and we'd trade clothes for the week) and he came to dinner even when she was abroad for a semester. So it's just been a thing since then!

I finished the laundry and fed people. The kids unloaded the dishwasher and I will reload it soon. I changed the kids' sheets (still using flannel in April...) and started the old ones in the washer. I'm just about ready for the day. Dh just left to see a patient and will meet us at dinner.

I'm going to tend to the kitchen and then work on school stuff until it's time to go!

Jen- That's so funny about your bil. I know some folks here who do weekly family dinners. It would be a fun practice. I always thought if we lived in town with family that we'd have dinner together at least once a month.

Michelle- It's been snow squalling here all morning. Later in the week it might get warmer. 20 sounds big, doesn't it? E will be 20 in September. Good grief!

So far:
    • made oatmeal bars- did not make applesauce because the IP pot is still in the frig with soup in it.
    • left for church- could NOT get across the gorge to the other side of town! The skunk cabbage race was going on and 100s of runners were in our way at cross streets. On our third attempt we got across and went through a part of campus we rarely go to. On the flip side, we did see the residence hall R is hoping for and it is just across the gorge from most of her academic classes. Sweet!
    • church and snack duty- long today
    • mailbox- picked up a book delivered today The Living Page. I hope it is informative for me.

Time for lunch and we'll see when R will be ready to take her design downtown.

then it's course work time!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather, it is nice! I think it makes holidays less stressful because my parents see us every week (or more) and are fine with it if we go to dh's parents' house. And since usually it's just the same people, it's not like it's terrible if we have to miss. My kids will talk about coming home for Sunday dinner when they have kids. But I'm not sure I know how to cook on Sundays now.

*went to lunch
    *washed kids' tennis shoes...apparently they thought it was fun to go in the mud. I wouldn't mind if they were wearing old shoes!
    *edited ds's paper
    *worked on some planning

So I saw the other day that there was an email about class next week but I didn't open it until today. Apparently they've changed plans and the kids don't need to have Swiss Family Robinson read for class. Dd is indignant. I had already bought it for us to read at some point anyway and I've enjoyed it, so I'm not upset.

It will be time to go to choir soon and then we'll pick up groceries on the way home.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Book Club last night was great! There were 11 of us and many ladies brought themed food for The Hobbit which was really fun. I wrote a few quotes on index cards and placed them around.
    We had tons of food and really great conversation!

Ladies left around 10pm and my friend Lea stayed even later, I guess she wanted to chat! It was a good conversation, but I was really tired when I went to bed. Then the dog woke up at 1am and needed to go out.
    It also snowed last night, not a heavy snow, but snow none-the-less.

I got up early to do the coffee service today, I have got to stop scheduling that the day after book club!

The high today is 50F and the sun is out! The Dogwoods have also started to bloom. They are my favorite!

It was nice it warmed up, because directly after church we went to a baptism in the river and Dan performed the baptism! They talked about postponing it, but the guy getting baptized had his parents and both brothers in town, so they decided to keep the date despite the weather. It was so great! They did all the talking and praying first and on dry land and then he and Dan went into the water and did the "dunking."

I've gotta run....early dinner and then I need to take Hannah to MS Community.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- I forgot to comment on your book club last night. So great! I love that a group of moms read The Hobbit! Is this year CM group? You seem to have lots of like minded moms around. So nice!

The baptism sounds lovely!

Jen- That's the way to do it. Your kids have always gone to their grandparents so they think it's a thing to do. That's the best!

Update on turning in the design-

So, this is the sewing shop R took classes from when she was young. For many reasons we stopped being a part of what is going on there. She does participate in the contests when they sponsor them. The director of the program is difficult. She contradicts herself a lot. She is not easy to please no matter what you do. When Rebecca turned in her information with the design, it was rejected. Said she overachieved. Looked at us both and said it was not a school assignment. Yeah...it wasn't. Because if it had been, it would have been more thorough. (Rebecca's words not mine! haha) Explained to R what she was supposed to give her (which is what was on her papers) and said to R, "am I getting through to you now what I need from you?"

She went to get another form and was gone a while. I said to R as we waited, um...was there a form you should have printed? She was like I figured it was like state fair and I just put the information on another form. Finally the woman came back and agreed to keep her forms having made her own copy (unnecessarily since we brought some to leave there). She had at first refused the pictures on the document because she insisted that the "real fashion designer" could see what anything is supposed to be without seeing it on someone.

R was so upset. She didn't do more than was asked for. She was treated poorly. (so was I and I tried to stay out of the way)

It was unpleasant.

That's terrible, Heather! So did they finally take it?

Angela, book club sounds like it went great!

I worked on planning and requested/ordered some books. We went to choir and then picked up groceries. We're having random stuff/leftovers for dinner and I will iron and watch Columbo. I may cook some sausage so we can have breakfast casserole in the morning. My kids love that.

This was a not so great weekend for me. I spent half of Saturday in the ER with heart trouble. My cardiologist said if I had chest pain again, to come back. So I did. They decided it wasn’t life threatening and I didn’t have a heart attack (which I didn't really think I had), so I can just see my cardiologist on Wednesday. After that I spent most of the rest of the weekend taking it easy.

I was hoping I would feel fine today, but I’m only feeling a little better. This has me a little conserned as dh is flying to Indonesia for a conference tomorrow. He’ll only be gone until Friday, but if I’m not up to much that could be challenging.

Here is what I’ve done so far today:
    -took dd to school
    -talked with the intern. She’s feeling sick. Hopefully it’s just a 24 hr thing. I’m going to need her help while dh is away!
    -talked with dh. He’s off to Tokyo for a pastor meeting this morning. He’s going to cut out a little early so he gets back this afternoon.
    -got Wesley started on some school work

My plans for today:
    -school with the boys
    -fold laundry. Dh did a bunch of laundry yesterday trying to get caught up before he leaves. Now it needs folding.
    -menu plan for while dh is gone
    -work on a newsletter?
    -pick up dd?

Heather, did you see the e-mail I sent you in response to the contest last week?
    Jen, your Sunday dinners sound great!
    AR, your book club sounds like fun.
    Michelle, brr! I hope it warms up to nice spring weather for you soon!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11