Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms! Vacuum, dust, hoe out, wash bedding, organize, etc. This challenge is for all bedrooms including the master bedroom.

School Challenge: Book Monday! Rearrange, introduce new books, read aloud, set a reading challenge for the week, and take care of library business.

Inspiring Thought: Perhaps this is one of the secrets of life- to know glory when we see it. - Charlotte Mason

For me today:
    • school
    • read aloud
    • school planning
    • laundry
    • PTE
    • blog work- home stretch I believe
    • group work- send reminders, start newsletter, etc
    • call my dad
    • reading time- prep for book club tomorrow night
    • nature journal time- working on this course is messing with my nature journal, but I will keep putting it on the list!
    • bedroom work- R's room is up first so she has work to do and the rest of us will start more prep work as well

As you know, we are undertaking some pretty major work here at our house. And you all will get to benefit from our decluttering along the way. Somehow, I suspect the challenges will reflect work we are doing.

A new week is upon us and the sun is out this morning. I think it will be gone later today and more snow will arrive. But, I saw the number seven starting some temps by the weekend, before turning colder again. There is hope!

Have a fabulous Monday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Since my last post I:
    -finished school with the boys
    -picked up dd from school
    -went to the 100 yen store (w/dh & the intern)
    -went to the grocery store (w/dh & the intern) and then was completely worn out, thanks to my heart. I hopefully got enough food to last me until dh comes home on Friday. I'm trying to make life as easy as possible while dh is away.
    -put together a gift for a friend dh is going to see while in Indonesia.
    -helped unload the groceries
    -started a loaf of orange bread in the bread machine for dinner

That's about it for me. I'll hang the laundry and then head to bed. I've got to get up early to drive dh to the train station.

Heather, I hope you get that warmer spring weather!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Good Morning Ladies,

From yesterday:
    Lindsey - Praying for you and that you begin to feel better, praying also for the intern and that the Lord would provide while your dh is gone.

Jen - Your Sunday dinners sound so nice! I love that your kids are looking forward to them when they are grown too.

HW/ Book Club - The ladies in the book club are very nice! Most of them go to church together and also are in the same Classical Conversations group, so I'm not really involved in "their community." The majority of the ladies live life together at church, co-op, and do a lot of other outings together. I generally only hang out with them at book club, but I enjoy it very much. There are a couple of other outliers as well, one lady that doesn't homeschool and my single friend Lea also comes.
    The Hobbit was a great read and I think everyone enjoyed it very much. The next book we are reading looks very different, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

CH1: Sounds good! I need to go through the kids' clothing and weed out stuff that doesn't fit and heavy winter gear. Also, my bedroom could use some picking up!

CH2: Sound good!

IT: I just read this passage this morning! Our conversation about "The Living Page" encouraged me to start it even though I will have to read it slowly because I have so many other books going on!

so far:
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    started laundry
    swished n' swiped the bathroom

I'm dressed in workout clothes, but haven't exercised yet....that will have to wait I guess.

for the day:
    fill out the school check-list for the girls - I should have done this yesterday!
    school
    plant seeds for botany experiment? Probably not because it is snowing/raining?
    watch another few minutes of water-color class
    general tidy and clean up
    work on the paper pile on kitchen counter
    e-mails

It is snowing again! Snowing in April is so crazy for us! The snow keeps alternating with rain so nothing will stick, but I still can't get over snow-flakes while the red-buds and dogwoods are blooming!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, ladies! Didn't mean to disappear again, but it's been well, an interesting couple of weeks. Not much I can really share, but let's just say lots of opportunities to learn to trust God more fully and not on earthly security. So yeah.

Without further ado, so far this morning:

• Up (way too early), dressed & ready for the day.
    • Did a partial downstairs tidy; Needs work.
    • Checked emails, texts, FB, etc.
    • Evaluated list of things to do. Looks to simple.
    • Attempted a quiet time. Prayer time = sleep .
    • Prepped two Lula packages for shipping.
    • Made sure Phoebe was awake; TJ can sleep for now.

Up next:

• Empty dishwasher & reload. That will help.
    • Back upstairs; make bed, tidy bedroom.
    • Collect laundry & get a load started.
    • Grab something for breakfast & on the road.
    • Phoebe's piano lesson. Second stab at prayer.
    • Target -- Rx refill, bridal shower gift.
    • AC Moore -- Phoebe needs something?
    • Starbucks -- gift card for Lula context prize.
    • Back home; regroup. Check TJ's schoolwork.
    • Advance laundry; start another load?
    • Clean up kitchen; guys will have made breakfast .
    • Make list of Lula things to do today.
    • Follow up a few pending sales.
    • Some one-on-one school time with Phoebe.
    • Send out a bunch of mail.
    • LOTS of data entry. Lula stuff is in chaos.
    • Dinner. Trying a new recipe. We'll see.
    • Bit of clean up. But probably not much.
    • Take Phoebe to dance class.
    • Listen to organizing seminar while she's there.
    • Back home; finish up schoolwork.
    • A bunch of Lula work; FB sales turn over.
    • Downstairs tidy; process up-down basket.
    • Process completed laundry & distribute.
    • Bedtime for Phoebe. Hopefully early.
    • Finish up Lula work & to bed myself.

And that's my day. Will probably add to the list as we go, but just got distracted by a text conversation with Danielle, so I need to get Phoebe moving as we need to be out of here soon!

Have a great Monday, everyone!
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)

Cari -

HW - The sewing shop lady was so crazy-rude! I'm so sorry R had to deal with that after working so hard on her entry!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Heather, I love that quote!

Lindsey, I hope all goes well while your dh is gone! Praying for you!

Angela, we are having weird weather, too! I'm ready for some sunshine!

Cari, I'm glad to see you back!

This is our last week of the consistency boot camp! I don't think I'm accomplishing things in quite the same manner they would recommend, but we are definitely getting better at consistency! It is so hard for me to pick school back up in the afternoon if we have already been out, but we have been doing it! I'm pleased with the strides we've made! Today we get to be home until 4H tonight!
    *laundry--done, but may do more later...
    *hall bathroom
    *guest bathroom
    *clean out fridges
    *school
    *IEW--make sure ds has finished his edits so he can type!
    *Fashion Revue work--sent some messages and will hopefully hear back soon!
    *pay bills
    *4H

And, as always, random cleaning and picking up. Why is that always an option?

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning! You know I think of you all often and like to pop in now and again. 😊

My plan today was to deep clean the front half of the house which I started on Saturday by scrubbing kitchen cabinets and baseboards...

I just found out that I need to attend a parent meeting for a Shakespeare class play McKenna is in...😆 So Iíll have an interruption.

Checking in here will help me return to the task which I donít do well because, well, transitions have never been a strong suit of mine. 😊

Have a great day!
    Last edited by shonda in ca; 04-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.

So far:
    • made a lunch
    • work drop
    • emptied the van of trash- I encountered something old and gross.
    • emptied the garage trash can- put that trash bag out to the curb with the rest
    • replaced the garage bag
    • sent one reminder for the group book club tomorrow- and posted it in our group fb page
    • discussed older teens getting jobs- was reminded one still needs working papers. Ugh.
    • started today's laundry

Algebra has been started. I'll update the 7th grader's list for the day. After that, I will read aloud to someone who is ready.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good afternoon! Back to reality, with a thud. Didn't get everyone up and going until 10am...

Today's list:
    -breakfast
    -chores
    -checked school planners. We have an end in sight!!! Well, 6 weeks for most, some teen subjects are at 3-4 weeks though. Woohoo!
    -did some mystery puzzles with the teens
    -packed up excess eggs
    -lunch is in oven
    -math is being done
    -need to leave soon
    -physical therapy
    -food bank to drop off eggs
    -chiro
    -dance
    -home to pick up Jon
    -Jon to dance
    -drop off borrowed suit to friend
    -pick up Jon
    -home for dinner
    -send Nick to pick up Bekah, if he feels okay. He's been coughing and nursing a sore throat, so I might just run out to get her.

I'd like to squeeze in a Walmart run, but if not, there is always tomorrow.

Timer's dinging! Hopefully be back later!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Well, my day was going relatively well, in spite of being, well, a bit tired (okay, a LOT tired). But it has now been derailed by the fact that it appears I've been hacked. Again. First I started getting texts with "one time access codes" to a credit card account I don't normally use (store card to get the fridge at a discount). Then I got a call (voicemail) from American Express regarding my application (there is no application). So who knows how long I'll be dealing with that mess. Sigh. Really NOT in the mood to deal with such issues. It's going to take every ounce of maturity I have not to display a less than Christian attitude. It's only the fact that I know it's not the person on the other end of the phone that did it that will enable me (I hope) to do so. But really? Again?

So far today:

• Up (way too early), dressed & ready for the day.
    • Did a partial downstairs tidy; Needs work.
    • Checked emails, texts, FB, etc.
    • Evaluated list of things to do. Looks to simple.
    • Attempted a quiet time. Prayer time = sleep .
    • Prepped two Lula packages for shipping.
    • Made sure Phoebe was awake; TJ can sleep for now.
    • Emptied dishwasher & reloaded. That helped.
    • Back upstairs; made bed, tidied bedroom.
    • Collected laundry & got a load started.
    • Had Dave get out chicken to thaw for dinner.
    • Grabbed a Young Living shake for breakfast & on the road.
    • Phoebe's piano lesson. Did some Lula work.
    • Target -- Rx refill, bridal shower gift. Success on both.
    • AC Moore -- Phoebe needed something called alcohol ink?
    • Starbucks -- gift card for Lula contest prize.
    • Back home; checked in with TJ, schoolwork on track so far.
    • Advanced laundry; one load should do it.
    • Cleaned up kitchen; guys made breakfast .
    • Sent out SB card to Lula customer.
    • Checked emails, texts, FB, etc. A few responses.

Up next:

• Deal with some of the interesting financial issues.
    • Make list of Lula things to do today.
    • Follow up a few pending sales.
    • LOTS of data entry. Lula financial stuff is in chaos.
    • Dinner. Trying a new recipe. We'll see.
    • Bit of clean up. But probably not much.
    • Take Phoebe to dance class.
    • Listen to organizing seminar while she's there.
    • Back home; finish up schoolwork.
    • A bunch of Lula work; FB sales turn over.
    • Downstairs tidy; process up-down basket.
    • Process completed laundry & distribute.
    • Bedtime for Phoebe. Hopefully early.
    • Finish up Lula work & to bed myself.

I was on such a roll. Hopefully all these issues can be resolved quickly and won't require hours of work. But somehow, I doubt that...
    Cari in Pa -- Married to Dave for 27 years!
    Mom to nurse Sara (23), married to Mike, almost-teacher Danielle (20), train-boy TJ (16) and my little dancer/soccer goalie Phoebe (13)