Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms! Vacuum, dust, hoe out, wash bedding, organize, etc. This challenge is for all bedrooms including the master bedroom.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought: The peculiar value of geography lies in its fitness to nourish the mind with ideas and furnish the imagination with pictures. - Charlotte Mason

For me today:
    • school
    • school plans
    • sewing machine shop- repair shop
    • tidy the kitchen
    • bulk food store- while out at the shop
    • blog work- hope to make a big milestone today
    • laundry
    • play a game
    • nature journal time
    • pot roast- might have to use the IP
    • have kids work in their rooms

Today Rebecca and I are making the trip to the sewing machine shop an hour or so away. We'll have a good time dropping the machines, hitting a bulk food store not far from there, and having lunch before returning home. I'm sure that it will be several weeks before they are ready to be picked up. It's two lakes over, but everyone goes there so they are busy.

Other than that, it's school and blog work.

I hope you all have a terrific day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Sounds like a nice little outing, Heather!

Lots to do today!
    *laundry--regular load done, but I HAVE to do towels. I've been putting it off...
    *school--hopefully finishing my part by lunch!
    *kids' bathroom
    *order dd's contacts
    *dinner in crock pot
    *art class?--maybe...it's at the library
    *gymnastics
    *Target
    *dd to church
    *ds to sewing
    *PTE/grocery order
    *pull Georgia O'Keeffe stuff

It's beautiful and sunny and should be in the 70s today! Lovely!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - Have a fun day out with R!

CH1: I still have that clothes pile! The kids could use help straightening drawers

CH2: desks!

Goals:
    exercise
    full school day including: table time, independent work, nature journal/ object lesson, plant seeds for botany experiment
    wrap Ashlyn's birthday presents
    declutter for 15 minutes
    collect all the trash, down to the curb
    review PTE/ grocery list

Today is the only day this week that we don't have to go anywhere! - woot!
    Unfortunately/ Fortunately, Dan has a friend stopping by this evening. He is having a rough time and wanted to talk with Dan about it.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

And the library....I forgot to add that I need to go to a different branch to pick up some holds!

Heather -- enjoy the day!

Angela -- YAY for home day!

Jen -- what's for dinner?

Beautiful sunshine and suppose to go near 60!!

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • folded load laundry that was in dryer
    • went over ds2 list with him
    • stripped my bed & got sheets washing
    • wm -- cake & dish detergent
    • ate bowl cereal -- I forgot to eat
    • text with my mom

Ds1 is working, probably a long day

Ds2 will be helping Gramps today, yard work at farm and probably mama's.

Today:lol
    • figure out supper...quick..might need crock pot meal
    • rest of sheets - ds2 stripped his & ds1 bed
    • wrap presents
    • more work in dining room
    • brown meat for freezer
    • clean around stove

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, this is what I'm making for tonight. My kids LOVE this recipe! Sometimes I will freeze half the patties so they're ready to go in the crock pot another time but today I'm going to cook them all so there will be leftovers since the next two evenings are going to be hectic.

*towels have been washed and are drying now
    *dinner is in the crock pot--will turn it on in a bit
    *dishwasher is running
    *both kids have finished math

Now we're going to get started on morning basket--before the morning is over!

*finished up my part of school--ds still needs to spend some time on his last writing assignment, but that's on him!
    *cleaned the kids' bathroom
    *swept and mopped part of the downstairs--need to do this piece by piece today and tomorrow
    *ordered dd's contacts
    *got dinner in the crock pot--cooking now
    *worked on PTE--now I need to do the grocery order part

Next up is lunch!

HEy all !

Heather -- nice outing

Jen -- that recipe looks yummy!

Michelle -- you're home alone today? Enjoy

Angela -- is today Ashlyn's birthday? Enjoy your day at home

We had the last day of standardized testing today Whew!
    Did all that running around -- dropped off a friend's dd, and picked up Ben (who was with her mom). Drove to a neighboring town to drop off another child. Ran by our neighbor's house for the boys to feed their animals.
    Lunch just happened.
    We have church tonight at 6 and a finger foods fellowship afterwards.

I need to do some laundry and work on house tidying (things need to be vacuumed).
    Not sure what else will get done.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good evening!

We've been back from the sewing machine shop for a while now. But, I had to get dinner going.

Update:
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • got school ready and gave out assignments
    • updated my planner
    • worked in my lesson and finished up a few things- only one more section to go this evening
    • made sure the three sewing machines got into the van
    • stopped at the shop to pick up R's design- so that's done and no horrible encounters.
    • drove out to the sewing shop- which is on a farm over an hour away and it's AMAZING on the inside. It's a Bernina show room, so it's full of high end machines and all their accessories. It's an upscale shop, but we were more fascinated by the shop owner's workshop. It was beautiful. Neat as a pin and so many tools.
    • bulk food store- a few miles up the road and it was huge. They have a cafe with giant sandwiches for $6. We had lunch there and then got some items in the bulk food store. Dried fruit was requested and I found our favorite alphabet pasta.
    • headed home
    • spot cleaned the kitchen floor
    • put some laundry in the dryer
    • got dinner into the IP- we'll see how that turns out soon
    • washed the rest of the dishes- the boys worked well in the kitchen today. I had asked E to do a few dishes, but then they also emptied the dishwasher and reloaded without being asked (and it's R's day to help in the kitchen). Swoon.
    • put the trash out
    • washed the trash can lid- much better
    • work pick up

Now I've texted with my friend and dinner is NPRing in the IP.

The sewing machine shop was lovely. It's own by a Mennonite family and so plain on the outside. Inside, it's an upscale Bernina showroom. Did you know there are only two manufacturers of sewing machines these days? Bernina and Husqvarna. Any machine like a Singer is made by Husqvarna. So, there are lots of private labels but only two manufacturers. Anyway, it was fun to see all the Bernina parts on display. Two of our machines are lower end Berninas (Bernette) and one is an old New Home machine. It's a tank. But, she loves it.

But his workshop! Oh my! It's beautiful and it was fun to watch him work.

The bulk store was awesome. Looking forward to going back. I can pick up some spices. But, the lunch was grand. I had a food reaction, but I will be more careful when we pick up the machines and we'll take the younger boys for fun. They'll enjoy lunch out.

It might cost me a bundle to pick those machines up, but Rebecca's original machine, which she uses a lot, hasn't been working for a year. And mine needs to be used to stay in good shape - I was gently reminded of this today at the shop. So, I'll start making myself some table runners.

Ok...I'm sort of excited to get the new flooring in. The hickory floors in my studio are going to be swoon-worthy. Truly.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I didn't know that about the sewing machines, Heather. So all of the other brands are made by those two? We have Berninas at 4H. This is our third year using them and I can *almost* consistently get my bobbin in right.

*went to the art class
    *went to a thrift shop nearby--took 2 of our friends who went to the art class and the kids bought gifts for our 4H leader
    *we all got ice cream together
    *the other family took ds to sewing--earlier than I had planned, but it worked well and he said he's got a sleeve done!
    *dropped dd at gymnastics
    *Target
    *picked dd up

Now we're home for dinner. I'll drop the girls at church and then get ds and his friend dinner and take it to 4H.