Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms! Vacuum, dust, hoe out, wash bedding, organize, etc. This challenge is for all bedrooms including the master bedroom.

School Challenge: Choose something or a few things you no longer need or use and remove them from your house.

Inspiring Thought:
    Doing mathematics should always mean finding patterns and crafting beautiful and meaningful explanations. - Paul Lockhart

For me today:
    • school
    • read aloud
    • school planning
    • blog work- still in the home stretch!
    • hair cuts at 2pm- new, new place
    • early dinner- pack something for dh
    • fashion show run through- 6pm
    • choir- 7pm
    • call my dad- getting harder to speak with him
    • group work- newsletter/email
    • laundry
    • reading time
    • nature journal- particularly if I'm having trouble on my written work. Take the break.
    • go through books- in the basement (need to take a load down by Sat.)

Today we try out another new hair place. I hope it goes well. Haircuts are expensive everywhere- even that gross place I took E was $20 after a tip. So, if I'm going to pay a lot, I want a good cut. I've been spoiled a long time with a cheap hair cut. Those times are over. Wish us luck! If all goes well, I will text the other stylist and cancel.

It'll be warmer today but rainy and same for tomorrow. They keep forecasting 70 something for tomorrow and then changing their minds. That's a bummer!

Have a lovely Thursday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Praying for you and your dad, Heather!

Praying for you, too, Lindsey!

I totally overslept this morning...but not doing too badly considering!

This morning we'll be home and do school. In the afternoon/evening we have swim team, volunteering, ds has a meeting at the library, grocery pick up, and back to 4H for a pet show committee meeting. It will be a nice morning and a crazy rest of the day! My list isn't done so I'll have to post as I go!

Have a great day today, friends!

Hi ladies. I know I’ve been MIA the last few days. Dh is away in Indonesia and I’ve been pretty busy holding down the fort. I had a cardiologist appointment yesterday and he wants to do a few more tests. So I’ll go in to have a CT tomorrow and then do a more in-depth echo on Wednesday. I’m not really too worried about the results, but the details of having tests at a new location, with my lack of ability to communicate well in Japanese and trying to find it and the concern of possible allergic reactions has me a little stressed. Thankfully dh comes home tomorrow night.

Heather, I hope the haircuts go well.
    Jen, enjoy your busy day!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Good morning, all

Lindsey-- will your dh be with you for your 1st appointment? Praying all goes well

Heather -- so sorry to hear that your dad is declining and good luck with the hair cuts!

Jen -- Hope your busy day goes well!

Here:
    It's a more NORMAL day (with some running.....) We should be home all morning until mid afternoon!

* laundry's going
    * school -- with testing, not much "real" school has happened this week (of course, it doesn't in schools, either ) -- the end is in sight!
    * work on the house Pallets from the girls' slumber party from last weekend are still all over the bonus room floor, everything needs vacuuming, bathrooms need cleaning. We'll see what gets done
    * I MUST fold clothes -- I have a huge mound of clothes and 2 or 3 loads of towels
    * start working on consignment sale stuff -- this has to be completed by Monday, and there's stuff on the calendar every day.....

I'm going to try to call my hair stylist in a bit and see if I can't get an appointment SOON!!!

This, this afternoon gets full .....
    * leave about 3:20
    * drop the 3 younger kids off with my friend Dana -- she's starting to host the church family softball fun on Thursdays from now through mid-June. They have a field in front of their house, and we did this last year. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it -- kids and adults play together. Lots of fun We order pizza (each family pays for itself. I need to pack Ben a picnic.)
    * drive Katie to Clanton for the Science ACT practice -- the last day.....
    * get home about 9:30

I spent about an hour this morning (kids slept in, and I let them after our early mornings the rest of the week) working on mapping out a possible path for our Out West trip for next summer (not this one....). Fun thoughts! We're thinking about flying into Vegas, do Hoover Dam, drive to CA for Sequoia N'tl park, San Francisco (the kids want to do Alcatraz), The redroods, Napa Valley, Yosemite, back to Vegas, then the parks in S. Utah (Zion, Arches), Antelope Canyon in AZ, 4 corners, Mesa Verde, some pueblo stuff in northwestern NM, Canyon de Chelley, the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, Sedona area, the Grand Canyon, and back to Vegas to fly out ..... Another 2 week journey....... We'll see..... The mileage is doable (about 500 less than we did last summer), but it's seeing if we can fit in everything we want to cover in those areas.....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather -- also hope you get an amazing cut!

Jen -- you probably needed extra sleep. Yay for morning home!

Lindsey -- praying all goes ok

Paige -- AWESOME trip! Can I go?

BEAUTIFUL morning! Sunshine, already 64 and heading to 79 🌞

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • load laundry washed & moved to dryer
    • porch time
    • organized stuff for tonight's meeting
    • made bed
    • breakfast
    • laid out ds1 bday gifts..ready to wrap

Rest of day:
    • figure out supper..
    • lots of school
    • wrap presents
    • pat out hamburger patties for freezer
    • finish dining room...at least presentable
    • living room...dust, general pick up, vacuum
    • load car with stuff for moms meeting
    • meeting

Did I tell y'all what ds1 asked for his birthday? Strawberry pop tarts and fruit gummies. I think he was 1/2 joking, 1/2 serious. Yep he is getting them
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Jen- Enjoy your day home until later. Your 4-H schedule kills me. I don't know how you are managing to keep that effort going.

Paige- That trip sounds ambitious. I'm sure it will be fun!

Michelle- Your weather sounds pretty good. It's raining today. Just a plain old rain and it was to get to 50 something, but I highly doubt that's really going to happen.

So far:

• made a lunch and did the work drop
    • made pancakes for breakfast
    • read aloud time- E read to me from a CS Lewis book
    • got the boys going on school- math is finished for the day
    • updated my planner
    • worked on lessons- finished another few and continuing to do so. Details, details!

Hair appt time is coming up quickly. I need to make sure people eat if they need to and we'll be going in less than a half hour.

Afterward, I'll need to get some writing done with two kids. Plus, an early dinner and the evening's activities.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Paige, I am impressed with your trip planning!!

Michelle, enjoy your weather!

Heather, it kills me, too. Only kidding. Partly. But my kids LOVE it, especially ds. He has found his people there.

*did a load of laundry
    *started the dishwasher after breakfast
    *school--I'm going to call ds done even though ds did not do his math because he did way more on his writing than I asked him to do today. I'll go over math with dd at swim team.
    *finished sweeping and mopping the downstairs tiled areas
    *vacuumed the living room
    *tidied some on the back bench area
    *made lunch

We'll leave in about half an hour and then be in and out until the evening. Have a great afternoon!

Hello Ladies!

HW - Praying for you, your mom and your dad. I am sorry this is so hard!

Paige - What a long day! I hope it all goes smoothly.

Michelle - How cute! My kids would say that was an excellent birthday present!

Today is Ashlyn's 10th birthday! I can't believe I have two kids in the double-digits!
    I made blueberry coffee cake and scrambled eggs for breakfast, per her request. And we started the day by opening presents. We started this when the kids were toddlers and they still prefer to get the presents in the morning.

Then we packed lunches and headed out to the science museum for the day. Our membership expires at the end of the month and I don't think I am going to renew it this year, so it was a good day to go. We had a lot of fun, they have a new exhibit called "going places" and the kids got to fly remote-controlled blimps which was cool. We also may be getting free day passes in the mail because we showed up for a show and the lady forgot....we went to the second showing later in the day and it was delightful. She basically told a story (very dramatic) that taught us about the migration of tarantulas in TX and the southwest. It was very funny.

I need to go over my PTE/ grocery list.
    Ash has dance practice and I will go to the grocery store during dance.
    Then, we are going out to eat for Ash's birthday.
    She requested "5 Guys"
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela -- Happy Birthday to Ashlyn enjoy dinner out! and the museum sounds fun!

Michelle -- Love the b/day present idea! My kids would like that, too!!!

Heather -- hope the hair appointments go well!

Jen -- I know all the 4 H stuff is It's SO much, but I love that he's found his people there! That's a good thing!

Here:
    * got schoolwork done
    * got ALL the laundry folded. ALL.OF.IT. Ya'll have no clue what an accomplishment this is! I had all the kids help, too, which made a huge difference (they usually do help, but sometimes I work alone...)
    * boys vacuumed downstairs! Hurray!!!

Trip planning .... I've travelled my whole life (mainly in Europe growing up). Of course, when I was a kid, my parents planned everything But, I started travelling with friends in the summers when I taught. One summer we went "up" the East Coast all way from GA to Maine. Another summer, we went from GA all the way to CA (3 1/2 weeks). Another summer, we went backpacking/Eurrailing across Europe for a month (various friends each time). Every summer, I did something. And this was BEFORE the age of computers with ease of planning. I'd plot out our course, pour over maps, order state travel guides, and figure out everywhere we wanted to go and things we wanted to see along the way I LOVE doing this With little kids (and work schedules ), you just can't do those massive vacations. We've done a few "longer" ones as Ben's gotten older (Williamsburg, DC, Norfolk) years ago, but last summer was huge, and next summer should be pretty huge if we can make it happen. I LOVE sharing this with my kids, and they had a wonderful time falling in love with America
    Planning it all is like a gigantic puzzle (and I enjoy puzzles ).
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Jen- Well...you cannot argue with finding your people. That's a big deal. I have one kid who could really use some people.

The hair cut report- Splendid! It worked out very well. I've not had the experience of having one kid go to one stylist while the other two go to another. But, they both did wonderfully! We all look good. I didn't choke when I paid the bill because I already knew it was a good deal. Happy sigh. My hair hasn't looked this good in a long, long time. Oh my gosh. A good hair cut makes SUCH a big difference. Truly.

Now I'm putting together a taco salad before heading into our evening affairs.

All the major copy is finished for my courses- all 28 lessons between the two classes! I just need to add a few details and get that last working form in and I'll start working on the store to get it out there.

I also checked over my Writer's Workshop and it's ready to go in the course ware. Woot!