Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Hi, everyone.

Heather, my heart is sad for you.

I have had some unexpected things come up this week so I'm focusing on just keeping it going.

The hair thing is so hard. I haven't had a good cut in years. My hair had gotten extremely long because I'm tired of paying money for stinky cuts. Today I took a risk, and it. was. worth. it. I love my hair. I literally cried when she finished.

Okay, must get back at it.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

Robin, we need a picture!!!!

Heather for good haircuts!!! And for the classes!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Happy happy birthday to Ashlyn!

And yay for your great haircuts, Heather and Robin!

Phew! It is sooo windy out there!

*went to swim team (finished up math with dd there)
    *volunteered
    *thrift store--ds talked the couple we volunteer with into coming
    *took ds to the library for teen thing
    *post office
    *picked up ds
    *picked up groceries--just finished putting them away
    *boot camp check in

It's canoe week at swimming where they do water safety stuff. They did this at lessons Tuesday (and had to tread water for 5 minutes!) and they put the canoe in at the end of practice today. The kids were all in and the coach, who was in street clothes, agreed to get in. He tried to get dd to get in, too, I think for insurance that they'd keep him dry. Another teacher told the kids she'd but all of them a cookie if they got him in, so of course it happened. It was hysterical.

Next up is the pet show meeting. Hopefully that won't be too terribly long!

So, I've been going all day it seems and I haven't seen my dad online. I'll try using the phone in the morning if I don't see him.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

I hope you get to talk with him, Heather!

I'm so beat. We did the meeting and then came home and ate dinner. I cleaned our bathroom since tomorrow will be super busy. The laundry is set and I'm going to set the coffee soon. Dd just finished her shower and I will try to get her to bed soon and follow soon after!

This just in...I hear peepers outside! PEEPERS! It's like 50* and the frogs are singing. Spring may come yet.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

So far today I:
    -met & prayed with the intern
    -ran to the ATM
    -went to piano lessons

Up next:
    -squeeze in a little math and grammar with Wesley
    -quick house tidy up. Dh said not to worry about it, but if I can get it looking a little better I think it would be good.
    -CT scan
    -figure out something for dinner
    -pick up dh if I finish the CT in time and am feeling well. If not dh will have to take the bus.

Jen, Sleep well!
    Heather & Robin, Hooray for good haircuts! It's really hard to find someone in Japan that get's fine hair. My hair just isn't like Japanese hair.
    Paige, no dh will not be here for my test today. That's part of why I'm a little nervous. I'm going to go a little early so I can take my time trying to find the place.
    Angela, Happy birthday to Ashlyn!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY 🎂 ASHLYN
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Angela -- sounds like a good day. There was a story on the local news tonight about a tarantula burger. A hamburger with a fried?? tarantula on it. Uh no thanks. The news anchors got a little flustered and creeped out. They were funny to watch

Paige -- that is wonderful all the traveling you have done! And passing it along to your dc!

Heather -- GREAT news on haircut!! Glad you got a good one!

Jen -- yep finding your people is awesome!

Lindsey -- hope all goes well with your appointment

Robin -- and yay for good haircut!

Today I cleaned some but not like I should have.

Wrapped presents.

Talked to my mom on the phone for 2 hours. I called to see what the Dr said but they hadn't called yet. We talked a LONG time about cell phones. Her phone died and we were discussing phones & plans etc.
    And of course we talked about random stuff.

Moved the new stove in and old one out. Ds2 took care of the hooking it up. Side note...I didn't know stoves didn't come with the plug on attached. Yes I could have put it on but ds2 wanted to do it.

Mom's meeting...again I was there alone 20 minutes and I got there on time not early.

A funny. After hooking up stove I turned on oven..making sure it worked. Started washing dishes while it was heating. Smelled something. Thought "new burning off". Kinda smelled like 1st time in winter when you turn on central heat.
    Anyway I turn to get something and glance at stove. There is SMOKE coming from it!! I reach over and turn it off while checking in oven. Then pull it out from wall...scared it was on fire behind there.
    No fire, just burning off the new I guess. The instruction book said it might smoke 1st time or 2. Yeah totally didn't read that until AFTER the smoke and scaring me

Please pray for my mom. She is still having alot of knee (area) pain and now alot of swelling. She went back to Dr yesterday and had ultrasound. Showed no clots but still no answers.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds