Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms! Vacuum, dust, hoe out, wash bedding, organize, etc. This challenge is for all bedrooms including the master bedroom.

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

For me today:
    • get books packed and down to the drop off- last day before they cut off donations until after the sale in June
    • upload yearbook pictures- I'm late and will likely get yelled at
    • group emails
    • change the front door wreath
    • blog work- a lot of it
    • laundry- a lot of it
    • play a game
    • appt text
    • start a clothing donation bag- begin work on my closet
    • finish art project- so we can clean the school table
    • school planning

A lot of what I can do today depends on getting rid of my kicker of a sinus headache. Ugh.

The brief moment of warm weather we had is gone for weeks at this point. Boo.

I hope you all have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

CH1: Yes, vacuuming is on the list today! As well as collecting all. the. laundry.

CH2: Yes!

We have two ball games today. Logan has his first game and Hannah has her 5th?

Ashlyn is having a fun day out with my two close single-friends. The three of them are going to the zoo! One of them bought a pass and the other used to work there as the head keeper! Our local zoo is a privately owned zoo which means the cost is pretty expensive, BUT you can feed the giraffes. Feeding the giraffes is amazing!
    This morning, I got Ashlyn all ready with breakfast, water bottle, snack, spending money, sunscreen, emergency inhaler etc.

so far:
    Bible reading
    other reading
    got Ash ready for the day
    breakfast
    shower

up next:
    some cleaning
    get other two ready for games - we are bringing snack for H today
    pack lunch
    head out for ~5 hours of ball games. At least the weather is amazing! I am bringing a backpack of stuff too; my BuJo and some reading etc.
    more cleaning
    make H's ice cream cake (her birthday is tomorrow!)
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela -- FUN day for Ashlyn! Hope she has an amazing time.

Heather -- hope your headache goes away

Birthday celebration went really good.

Mama & stepdad came over a little before 5. We sat talking until after dh got home, grabbed a quick shower. We talked a little longer then let Cam open his presents.

He laughed at the gummies & poptarts but got a big kick out of the lint roller. He kept playing with mine and said...I need one of these. So I got him 2 Dollar tree had a pack with a full size one and travel one.

Usually we do presents them cake & ice cream then mama & D leave. Last night I had pulled some bbq from freezer, had buns, chips & dip. I asked if they would like to stay for supper. They said SURE. After supper then did cake. I

It was a good nignt!

Today is rainy & gray. I don't want to do anything but maybe seeing a clean kitchen & living room and mostly straightened dining room will encourage me to continue.

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

Heather, I hope your headache goes away soon!

Angela, that sounds like a great day for Ashlyn!

Michelle, sounds like a fun evening!!

We were at sewing for more than 5 hours last night and I was just about to lose my mind, but both kids finished their shirts! Swim team came early this morning and then we came home, ate breakfast, and I took a shower. Now I need to start the rest of the day!
    *laundry--probably a couple of loads
    *ironing?--maybe...
    *boot camp check in
    *planning
    *work on Fashion Revue script
    *Walmart
    *library
    *Goodwill drop
    *work on dd's skirt and see if any other projects are feasible

I'm beat and it's chilly and gray. Bed sounds sooo lovely! But on to the day!

Have a great day today, friends!

So far:
    • loaded some things into the dishwasher
    • got kids working on their rooms
    • sorted through books in the basement
    • put some in to recycle- filled the rest of a bag
    • started a stack to donate
    • went through my shelves upstairs- mostly to pull curriculum to sell
    • sent out emails and FB announcements on stuff for sale
    • realized the book drop closed at noon- at 11:56
    • reacted poorly
    • picked up the phone and called them- asked if I could run them down (because I'm that person today)
    • ran them down- with the help of three teens

Now I think I'll go and start some laundry. Dh is redoing the caulking at the backsplash in the kitchen. Kids are working in their rooms- at least some of them are.

My headache is much better than it was this morning. Holy wow. I really need to take my spray daily. I'm going to make sure to take meds again and then start laundry and a donation bag in the master bedroom closet. That floor will get new carpeting too. Ack!

After that, I hope to get two more boys working in their room and work on my blog.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

*ds is working on his paper--I need to find the video link to watch on the new sentence opener so I know what I'm doing...
    *got dinner in the crock pot
    *changed the litter box and tidied the laundry room
    *listened to some more of Persuasion
    *sorted Fashion Revue entries into levels
    *boot camp check in
    *finished swim laundry and dd's skirt fabric
    *started regular laundry

Now I'm going to start dd on her painting she's wanting to do and then I will probably look for the instructions for her skirt--I think we'll just do the same one we did last year.

Update:
    • got a load of laundry going
    • folded a load
    • sorted through laundry
    • got one boy to take some big boxes to the basement- he's packed his lego models and plane models
    • dusted some surfaces in that room
    • sorted through clothing in an old hamper
    • got the broken hamper into a trash bag
    • designated a pile of denim for resuse- R will include it with her fabric as she boxes it up
    • tried on a few shirts I used to wear a lot- they fit and look good so I put them in the laundry
    • put away items that had places to go from that old hamper
    • started a clothing bag in the boys' room

R's room is ongoing. Her room will be painted next week.

I've been getting a lot finished. I will probably make one more push in the master closet and be done with that sort of work for the day. We'll see. I've been in the basement- got rid of about 3-4 boxes worth of books to donation. My closet is going well. I think that can be done in the next day or so depending on what else is going on.

I just don't want to be in a panic to get things done in a stressful manner because the work is inherently stressful as is.

But, I need to do work on my website today. So, I will at least take a break.

• cooked brunch & cleaned kitchen
    • read some in the stove instruction book
    • talked with dh about some ideas I have. He didnt seem that interested
    • made bed
    • talked with ds1 about birthday dinner
    • made popcorn - for snacking - tastes better if make and let sit in machine awhile before eating..letting steam out etc. But the light keeps it warm
    • patted out hamburger patties
    • browned some meat for freezer
    • goofed off on tablet
    • ate popcorn
    • decided on supper, well dh did

Seems most of my day has been in kitchen
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- snack popcorn sounds fun!

Jen- You've had a busy few days!

AR- the zoo on a nice day sounds amazing right now! How are the ball games going?

Update:
    • switched the laundry and got more going
    • worked in the master closet- got through all my folded clothes on the rack and in boxes
    • filled two bags for donation- just was merciless
    • went through the boxes on the floor in the closet- all hoed out
    • filled a trash bag- got it out to the trash (oops- I forgot to tag it I think)
    • put the clothing bags in the van
    • put everything back nicely
    • moved laundry again
    • started another load- I might do one more today, but not sure.
    • hung up dh's dress clothes for work
    • sent that text to the hair stylist- now she's hoping everything is ok...I guess I just leave it and no answer?
    • the new caulking is finished- it pulls away from the wall and cracks. So, dh redid it. Hopefully it will adhere better to the countertop this time. He took measures but not it will work.

Ok...I think my foray into decluttering is finished for the day. Before Tuesday, when I grocery shop, I will get through dh's clothes in the master closet and my dresser again and the cedar chest. I'm sure that will yield more for donation and I can drop them before I shop for food.

I am determined not to move things around in this big flooring job that I don't use and shouldn't keep. So, I will keep humming!

Now I need to find out what I can do in the kitchen since the caulk is drying and prep dinner. After that, it's all blog work!

My headache is just in the background now, but I will take it because it was bad this morning and I've been working in dust all day. So, it could be worse.

Great job on the decluttering, Heather!!

It has been a busy few days...I'm worn out from it! I say this every year, but we really need to start some of the sewing in the fall!!

*watched some of the IEW clips
    *tidied my desk--while listening
    *Goodwill drop--took a couple of old vacuums and clothes and games
    *library
    *Walmart

I've got dd's measurements so I need to get her skirt fabric ready to go!