Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Hello Ladies,

The games went well. Logan's team lost, but Hannah's team won.
    The temperature was great and the skies were sunny, but it was really windy!

Ashlyn had a really great time at the zoo. My friend complimented my kids by saying, "Your kids ask the best questions!" Then she told me about the things Ash noticed in the animals and then asked the zoo keeper.

After we got home, everyone crashed for a bit. We rallied before dinner and did a general pick-up in the house, but I didn't get to vacuuming.

The kids have been through the showers and I helped Ash wrap her presents for Hannah.

I don't think I will get much done tonight, but I do have to make the "ice cream cake." Don't be impressed! The cake is so easy! I make it in a 9"X13" The bottom layer is crumbled graham crakers, then you spread the softened ice cream on top, then top it with more crumbled graham crackers and chocolate chips etc. I am making Hannah's with mint chocolate chip ice cream and topping it with chopped mint m&ms.

Hannah doesn't know it, but we are extending her bedtime with her birthday tomorrow - she will be so excited!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- How exciting to have a new bedtime! What a great parent move!

Update:
    • made some spicy pork tacos
    • had dishwasher emptied and reloaded
    • had toilet paper taken to two bathrooms
    • cut two heads of hair
    • switched laundry- hung some and dried some
    • started the lighter towels in the wash again-I wrecked them with dye from a robe of Dan's. BLERG. That thing is ancient. Why did I bother?
    • cleaned up from hair cuts
    • vacuumed the upstairs- I look forward to vacuuming new carpet...
    • added a couple things to one lesson

I wasn't going to do anymore laundry, but now I'm rewashing that load. For real....keeping up with regular housework while doing the floors is going to be intense. Hopefully, the kids will be a big help.

So, it's 9:30pm and I'm just now going to get to that blog work. But, my head probably feels the best it's felt all day so there's that!

I will report in once more with progress.

How's everyone's Saturday night?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Finished the instructions and gave dh information so he can finish his work and then I can finish mine. That's probably it for me for today.

R came home from a theology study at our neighbor's and announced that our neighbors are moving. I'm so sad about this! They are terrific. I'd say the best neighbors we've ever had. They are lovely people and host teens all the time. It's such a safe gathering place for teens and young adults and it's been a wonderful spot for my kids to have a youth group since ours disbanded.

They've sold their house already and will move in July. Sigh.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).