Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms! Vacuum, dust, hoe out, wash bedding, organize, etc. This challenge is for all bedrooms including the master bedroom.

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

Inspiring Thought: There's nothing like staying at home for real comfort. - Jane Austen

For me today:
    • breakfast and church
    • get trash to the curb
    • check on a med- for a new med protocol this week
    • finish watercolors
    • blog work
    • closet/clothing storage- in the master bedroom
    • laundry- maybe
    • reading journal/reading time
    • play a game

I need to get making breakfast this morning. It's cold. Just plain winter cold outside. We could do with a bit of warmth and some sunshine. Truly!

Mostly today I am about putting the finishing touches on these courses and working on the landing page or pages. If Dan finishes the form work, then I can start working on the store portion. Hopefully I'll be live later this week. For real!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I'm gradually getting better. I took a half dose of Benadryl last night and slept for 10 hours. I was able to do some things today:

-worship team practice
    -sang with the worship team
    -church leaders meeting
    -made a church calendar for May-August with all the events and the interns coming and going
    -created an intern e-mail and Facebook page
    -updated the intern manual with information about the Facebook page and e-mail
    -sent an e-mail to the worship leader to add the intern e-mail on the e-mail list
    -sent an e-mail to a team leader of one of the upcoming missions team
    -made dinner. I'm trying out a new mainly vegetarian diet. I'm hoping it will help improve my health. Tonights dinner: potato wedges, salad, & raw apple crumble
    -helped dh fold laundry. He washed a bunch of laundry this weekend in an effort to catch us up
    -helped put away clean clothes
    -watched some of the new Lost In Space on Netflix. It's nice to find a show that the younger kids like & dh and I also enjoy.

Heather, you description of winter cold, makes our overcast and rainy sound not so bad. Here's hoping spring finds you soon!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Good morning!

So sorry about the neighbors, Heather! Good neighbors are such a treasure!

Lindsey, still praying for you to feel much better!

We've got a pretty full day today!
    *laundry--just finished
    *church
    *JoAnn--found a small dog and a simple pattern so we're going to see if the kids can whip out another entry!
    *Neighborhood Market--ds is looking for the frozen sushi he got before
    *kids to my sil--she's taking them to see Mary Poppins--the high school is putting it on and my nephew is in the orchestra
    *dinner in the oven--need to figure out what time
    *choir
    *sewing with kids
    *ironing
    *planning

It's so cold out there--upper 20s/low 30s, which is nuts for us in April!--and I would love to curl up by the heater with a book and a cat...but the youth group is having breakfast, so I guess I'll go put on my coat instead!

Have a great day today, friends!

Lindsey -- hope you feel even better & stronger tomorrow

Jen -- cool on Mary Poppins! Know what you mean about curling up with a book.

Heather -- sorry about neighbors. Love the IT

It is cold, 30s, gray and damp. Friday was near 80 today 30s. Crazy weather.

Today we are going to a bigger town for Cameron to have his birthday dinner. Cracker Barrel

We aren't going to the big town we usually go to. Both boys are working WAY out of town the next 2 days and weren't that interested in being in the truck a LOT today.

Have a blessed Sunday
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

HW - That is a bummer that your neighbors are leaving! You have mentioned them before and they sound great.

Lindsey - Praying you continue to recover.

Jen - Sounds like another busy day of sewing for you!

Michelle - Enjoy the birthday dinner! I love cracker barrel!

We have another warm day, high 70s. The oaks are blooming so the air is thick with pollen and everything is covered with the chartreuse dust today, I am looking forward to the forecasted rain this evening.

Today is Hannah's 12th birthday!
    We started the day with presents and she loved the gift of an extended bedtime as well as a safe and the 5th Harry Potter book.
    I made her a birthday breakfast of blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage links.
    She has requested sushi from the grocery store for her dinner tonight. I also bought some frozen potstickers that I will heat up to go with it.
    My friend Lea is coming over to join us for dinner.

so far today:
    birthday fun
    church
    costco
    unloaded costco stuff

up next:
    school planning
    vacuuming
    clean up from breakfast
    birthday dinner
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- What a terrific 12th birthday! Things are just starting to look like the trees might be doing something around here. It's wintry cold.

Michelle- Enjoy the birthday dinner today! I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in forever.

So far:
    • made breakfast
    • worked on my first landing page
    • church
    • visited afterward- for longer than usual and it was nice and signed on to bring a bunch of food next week. I may regret this later.
    • ate some lunch
    • finished up the tulip watercolor- J usually doesn't do ink work, but I15 loves it. He only needs to come back and do that and his is finished. I didn't want to start the week with an unfinished art project.

I have permission to go through Dan's clothing for him. So, that will go quickly.

Next up will be more blog work. I need to get this project finished and up and running!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Just popping on to say
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin!

Update:
    • worked with dh on the transcript form- it is GORGEOUS
    • worked on a theme issue- and sent an email to the developer of my blog's theme
    • finished one landing page- all but the buy link
    • finished just about all of the second landing page- but for the buy link and one section
    • cleaned out the frig- found the smelly thing!
    • sent trash out to the can- kitchen and house trash gathered up (including the frig stuff)
    • had can taken to the curb- for tomorrow's pick up
    • made Jen's recipe for pull apart bread- except for the pepperoni because it went bad
    • started some tomato sauce simmering- for the bread and some mozzarella sticks

We're having leftover chicken cacciatore along with the sticks and bread dipped in sauce that will not be fully simmered. I made it up.

I am hopeful to get to the store work tonight! Ack!

Hey y’all! Quick Check in.

We went to
    Church and then went to the air show and saw the blue angels. Great show. Very cold and windy here for mid April — all the rain yesterday brought it in.

Came home and watched the dirty dozen. The kids loved it
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Happy birthday, Hannah!

I've gotten to most of the things on my list except planning, which I hope to start soon. I got dd's skirt cut out, but we haven't sewn any. I'm kind of thinking tomorrow will be a sewing day since we should be home until the evening.