Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Choose a project week- work on something you've been putting off or need permission to get started on. Tell us what you'll be doing!

School Challenge: Monday book challenge- organize books, rearrange books, offer new books, read aloud, library business, etc.

Inspiring Thought: So when you ask yourself, What are my big dreams and goals? the question you’re really asking is, What excites me, and what would I fight for? - Blake Boles

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning
    • read aloud
    • reading time- catch up for book club
    • hang tulip watercolors
    • PTE
    • upload two yearbook pix- to start
    • laundry
    • clothing work- in the master bedroom/closet
    • blog work- finish transcript lesson, work on the store, blog post

The weather is GROSS. It's raining and blowing hard. The windows have water all over them. Yuck. What a Monday!

Nothing is on the docket today, but I have one appt a day for the next three. Hopefully the weather improves!

Have a great start to the new week!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good morning!

It's another cold morning here today -- brrrrrrrrrrrr. NOT AL in April at all Where did Spring go?!!?!?!

--- I posted an update on my mil in the prayer room. Ya'll please pray for her, and pray for Jim and I to have wisdom if we should head to CA on Wed or not Right now we're leaning towards going, but if something dire happens, there's no quick way home But, she's always overcome before, but ........ Hard decisions.

Today:
    * school -- we need a good day!
    * consignment stuff -- I MUST get this done today or it's not going to happen this go-round
    * organize things for my parents coming to stay .... LOTS involved with this
    * run some errands????? either today or tomorrow.....

That's a short list, but it's a HUGE mental list So much is involved in getting ready to possibly leave for 5 days.....

Ya'll have a super Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning Ladies,

We had a rainstorm last night complete with tornado warnings, but all is well this morning and there is less pollen in the air.
    Today's high is 60F and the sky is overcast.

CH1: I need to finish sorting through some school paper work from the last term and make sure I properly recorded everything. I don't need to turn this in, but I like to have it for my own records.

CH2: Yes! We are planning on hitting the library tomorrow, so it will be good to get everything together today.

IT: Cool quote, I had to look him up.

for us today:
    Full school day
    water color lesson
    laundry
    school planning/ record keeping
    BuJo work, I want to rearrange some things in my Traveler's notebook cover.
    work on bedroom for 15 minutes
    community group
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Praying for you, Lindsey!

Heather, I'm glad you get to stay home!

Today will be all about sewing! I think we can knock out three entries, and maybe more....we'll see, though.
    *laundry--done
    *hall bathroom--done
    *guest bathroom--done
    *clean out fridges
    *IEW--I need to finish editing so ds can get to work!
    *dd's skirt
    *dog costumes--both kids are making the same one, so hopefully that will be simple!
    *4H--tonight we're touring a new station and checking out their helicopter hangar, so it should be cool!

I think that's it...I should get to work on the script for Friday, but we'll see how the rest goes.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good COLD morning. It feels like 29 Hello this is mid April!!!!
    Ds1 and dh both said it was snowing...this was over an hour apart in times.

Dss left out super early to work today. It is a 2 day job. Please keep them in your prayers.

Dh has gone to work.

I am sitting here in warm clothes and a blanket. Not only is it cold out but gray also. That makes me want to stay under the blanket.

I have PLENTY of projects to choose from. I am going to think a minute and let y'all know.

Oh cracker barrel was so yummy yesterday

Have a good Monday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

I love the CH1 today. We were supposed to have started on said project last Monday. Or was it the Monday before? Anyway, we will get there. And for me, both challenges are part of the same project.

My week is packed. My high schoolers have three games, two are out of town. My boy has a goalie clinic and practice, with 2 games on Saturday. Princess not only plays for the high school game, but her other team has practice and games this week. My MIL had a knee replacement and we are helping provide care for her. Belle has a job interview with her dream company. I am shopping for prom venues. So.

Today looks like this:

Laundry
    Piano teacher is here now (I love K's piece; it's a "Greatest Showman" medly; she's working on that and her Styx piece for recital)
    Finalize arrangements for Boyo's transportation this afternoon
    Friend coming by to pick up oils order and visit
    Take girls to art
    Check out venue
    Run fast to Costco
    Pick up girls
    Drive across town to check out another venue
    Come home and call about two more venues
    Make phone calls to my mom's medical providers and others
    See if Mom wants to go to the game this afternoon, and leave early to pick her up if she does
    Attend game
    Take meal to OK family in that area
    Hopefully pick up a new project piece
    If Mom's with me, return her home
    Cook dinner (I prepped most of it yesterday)
    Laundry
    Get a good night's sleep and start over tomorrow.

Belle is staying with her Grammie tonight; she will be heading there from the game. The rest of us will hang out with her beginning early in the morning until mid afternoon when we leave for a game up north.

Y'all, I'm kind of worried. I am totally obsessed with getting my house in order. But also my garden. But also doing my furniture projects. But also my chicken coop. And now I'm beginning to find myself designing tshirts in my mind. What if my head explodes?

Hopefully I'll see y'all tomorrow; if not, have a great week!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 13yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016: Be her.

So far:
    • tweaked some landing pages
    • made a lunch and did the work drop
    • got school started- math, history, project time, and biology
    • took R to teach a lesson- at the sewing machine shop in town (she teaches serging to new serger buyers)
    • pulled the trash can back to the garage
    • added transcript stuff to the lesson- still working on the lesson tweaks
    • read over connecting the store to my courses- as expected I did that already
    • started populating my store! I would have done it weeks ago if I'd known I could draft the products. Always learning!
    • did some market research on my offerings
    • reminded the 15yo about a new pair of meds he must take this week- showed him where they are
    • listened to a narration from biology from the sophomore- he's into this section of biology. Woot!
    • put my scholarshiped professional writing 19yo on some ad copy for me- I'm cashing in on his project area and people...it is working OUT! On many levels. He's excited to write with a purpose. I'm tired from working with this material so long. Fresh words are lovely! Most excellent!

Ok...time to get something to eat and check into more school work. Probably reading aloud will be up soon, but I don't want to interrupt the 19yo's writing. We will be reading CS Lewis shortly.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Been plugging along....

Did some school
    Worked on consignment some
    stripped guest bed and have sheets in the laundry

Out of safety pins which is a must have for consignment sale tagging. UGH!

Jim and I are headed to go see his Mom this afternoon. I'm going to pick him up about 2 -- she's outside of b'ham about 1 1/2 hrs away.
    M's going to cook supper for the rest of the crew -- chicken pot pie

So my "get TONS accomplished" today has changed slightly. It's okay.
    We're going to try to talk to nurses (maybe a dr?) and see if we can better determine plans for our trip.
    Jim has talked to a good friend of ours who is a dr (poor guy, he has to answer tons of "friend" medical questions -- he's our neighbor and church friend -- we fed their animals last week). He said to call back after we see her and get more info.

Just doing what I can do at the moment .....

Robin -- it's good to see you Sounds like you've been BUSY!!!

Michelle -- glad Cracker Barrel was yummy -- it always is We don't eat there often but always love it when we do!

Heather -- so exciting about YOUR store

Angela -- lots of b/days recently! The latest sounded like a good one Are your doing Harry Potter year-by-year as they get older? or will you eventually just let them read all the later ones? Just wondering.... Ours (except Ben) just read them all the way through, and when we watched them as a family (even Ben), we watched them all the way through, but I know some people do it differently.

Jen -- lots of sewing
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Moving along...
    *dd's skirt is finished!!
    *ds is halfway done with his dog costume
    *did a load of towels
    *sent some emails/talked on the phone about Friday

I need to turn the forms back in to the office tomorrow, so I need to write the script tonight! I wasn't really thinking it through...but they need them to make the program and they will be out of the office Thursday, so they need them.

Back to sewing...

Paige- I've had a few elderly relatives with c-diff. It's pretty potent. Praying for your mil.

• Picked up R
    • Had lunch
    • started laundry
    • populated my courses into the store
    • working on writing with the 12yo- he just finished math
    • answered an email about a homeschool item I'm selling

Now I have to get dinner and make a picture for my transcript lesson. I'm dying to flip the switch on the products and see what happens to my homepage. Just a little more adjustment and additions.