Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Heather -- I painted the bathroom white. It was a dull white and now a brighter white. It is a tiny bathroom so I just stayed with white.

The other bathroom is Pepto pink with some weird starburst patterned stuff on the top 1/2 of the walls. I haven't painted because until recently...ugly as it is..everything looked good.

I was scared...still am..to take the starburst stuff down and I don't think paint will stick to it good. And I don't know what color would look good with it. The pink actually matches somewhat.
    and it is just the pink that is showing wear.

After a while you just don't notice the pink, or at least we haven't. If course I am NOT very good at home decorating either Things start bothering me...I head to my happy place. My PORCH
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Going to leave for the get together shortly. Just enough time for a quick update....

Angela - I made 'chocolate eclair dessert' Uses graham crackers layered with a cream cheese/pudding/cool whip mixture, topped with a homemade chocolate icing. I've made it several times before. It has never disappointed (of course - because it is not healthy AT ALL! )
    Glad your bug bite is better. Sorry you're having to miss some fun activities.

Did minimal school, finished up the guest room, did most of of the laundry room, and helped at the co-op fundraiser (a drive thru tri tip dinner with 3 sides - one of the co-op families runs a food truck and it is delicious!) Didn't get to the gym today, but that is okay. I should make sure to do the core exercises tomorrow since it has been helping with my hurting hip and back.

Heather - thanks for the advice on Cover Story. Sounds intriguing. How much is student driven vs. parent driven? I don't like writing that much, so I don't do well teaching it. That's why I've loved having dd take a writing class at co-op.
    Congrats to Rebecca! How exciting!

Jen - I've heard good things about both those stories. I'll have to read them this summer. Hope it was fun to meet the author.

Leslie - hope Eliana is feeling better and that your boys got to work!

Michelle - there is a pink bathroom at my fil's house. There is also a gold bathroom and a baby blue bathroom. They are always fun to see when we visit
    Is it your ds's bday? If so - happy bday!!

Time to go! Have a lovely evening!

Michelle- We had a pepto pink bathroom in our old house. The only room we didn't redo there. And the walls were covered with a textured puffy under sea wall paper. The elderly couple we purchased from were snowbirds. Hilarious! But, the people who bought it from us sold it last year and I saw what they did to it. Holy WOW. They made it gorgeous. I'd have put an additional bathroom in, but you know...to each his own.

Joelle- The program is taught by the instructor and the parent has rubrics to use. I think you would do well with it.

Update:
    • hung that small load of laundry out
    • started another load
    • worked on web stuff
    • made dinner
    • made the POH storm ready- we had a nasty blow through
    • picked up E from work
    • ate dinner
    • took the teens to the movies
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • washed up dishes
    • wiped down the stove top and its parts- I made a huge mess at dinner making time
    • took the vent filters out and started them soaking in the basement sink- they come out easily and wash easily which is excellent
    • cleaned the stove hood and wiped it down
    • hand washed some of the kitchen floor- I really need to work on keeping that cleaner. It seems like I do it everyday. Sigh.
    • talked with my dad- he has some new meds which work well. I'm sad he needs them because it means he is getting so much worse, but they make his breathing incidents less distressing which is good.

I have to go back out and get the teens about 11, I think. I should check on the running time or they may text me when the movie is finishing up. I think I have about 45 minutes until I need to leave.

How's everyone doing tonight?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).