Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms- hoe them out, organize the linen closets, wash the towels, clean them- even the mirrors!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and cupboards, etc.

Inspiring Thought:
    The sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the universe to do. - Galileo

For me today:
    • get the kitchen trash out- smelly!
    • school
    • school planning
    • blog work
    • laundry
    • botanic gardens- the clouds will come in this afternoon and it might be a good time to go (I can't go this evening)
    • group work
    • POH time
    • game with some people
    • MOPS tea- I was invited to be part of a panel of moms at the last event of the year. Been a LONG time since I've been to a MOPS group to speak or otherwise.

The sun is out and it's in the 30s, but it's going to 75* today. Welcome to spring in upstate NY.

I'll be doing school, enjoying the weather, and all the other things!

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Enjoy that warm weather, Heather!

Ds had a great time giving out his gifts last night. Everyone laughed and laughed and really enjoyed it. Came home and finished a load of laundry and got to bed at a semi decent time.

Today will be soooo relaxing compared to our regular school year Tuesdays! So nice to be done with writing and PE!
    *laundry--going now
    *ironing
    *school
    *school room
    *take dd to her friend's to play
    *mow the back yard
    *dinner in the crock pot
    *swimming

Also maybe working on dd's closet--that definitely needs to happen this week!!

Have a great day today, friends!

Things have been crazy busy around here. Here’s a look at my day:

-took dd to school
    -group devotions
    -went over English camp curriculum with the intern that is helping me write it.
    -bleached a load of whites
    -washed a load of towels
    -hung a load of towels
    -e-mailed an up coming intern about a change of departure date
    -e-mailed a potential intern about setting up a Skype interview
    -math with Hudson
    -phonics with Hudson
    -turned on a video for Hudson
    -checked in on Wesley doing independent school work
    -worked on the menu for the team
    -made a grocery list for the first part of the team trip
    -took a short nap
    -picked up dd
    -grocery shopping with the intern
    -unloaded university team groceries
    -unload groceries for my family
    -made rice and peas and dh made chicken
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Heather -- wow...BIG difference in temps!

Jen -- your ds is AWESOME!! Glad everyone liked the gifts.

Lindsey -- is having an intern helping you or causing more work? Just curious.

Enjoying my porch this morning. 56 and sunny right now. Still no hummingbirds

Yesterday mama & stepdad got here about 5pm and stayed til 9pm.
    We sat on the porch for little over an hour talking. Cameron and dh got home around 6pm.
    After a little porch time with them too we headed in for presents. Then we ate supper (bbq sandwiches, chips & dip) then cake and ice cream.
    After we sat in living room talking and watching baseball game.
    It was a nice day!!

Today:
    • laundry
    • take blankets off back windows...more laundry
    • back porch cleaning??? It's bad...do I really want to do this today
    • ds2 haircut
    • bbq in freezer

There is more I thought of before falling asleep last night but forgot to write it down. Now I can't remember

Have a GREAT Tuesday!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning! I've been reading most days, but things have been busy, so I've been reading on ball fields or late before bed.

Heather, weather here is the same. 33 for the low early this morning and expecting a high of 74. Porch day!!!

Jen, closet work. ~shudder~ I need to do that with Julie. ugh.

Lindsey, I'm glad to see a short nap on that list! I'm also a bit jealous!

Michelle, happy belated birthday to Carter!!!

And, as is my day, my time here is up. sigh... Bekah was busy, so I thought I'd jump here for a few minutes. Now she's ready so off to do pilates I go!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

HW - I love that you are going to MOPS today! I know you will be an encouragement to those moms!

Shay - Good job getting pilates in!

Michelle - That sounds like a lovely birthday dinner!

Lindsey - You amaze me! Praying for sweet moments of rest and restoration for you as you continue to serve others

Jen - The Good Will gifts sound like a great tradition. Enjoy your more-relaxing schedule!

- - - Updated - - -

CH1: I tidied up the Master bathroom linen cabinet yesterday. I will do some work in the hall bathroom today.

CH2: MY school dresser could use a tidy. It always gets really messy at the end of the year. Dh and I are talking about swapping the school room and the play room We would loose the "play room" and turn the school room into a library/ sitting & reading room.

IT: Wonderful!

so far:
    bible
    breakfast
    shower
    message ladies re: women's ministry
    spoke with dh about some other church stuff
    rsvp'd to something

up next:
    table time (I have one still eating breakfast)
    full school day with drawing lesson
    laundry
    work in my room for 15minutes
    Message SIL re: her graduation

Dan has a meeting at church so I am on ball practice duty tonight. I need to pack dinner for everyone as well as my bag of things to do.

I'm off to get school started - have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Okay, I'm taking a few minutes while I eat breakfast!

Angela, I think losing the play room will work and a quiet library room sounds lovely!

Well, Julie saw my last post and was disgusted I hadn't updated ages. We had a birthday in March, one in April and two in May, although dh would appreciate me not advertising his age!

Last week, Rebekah turned 16!! Ladies, slow this carousel down! All my babies are growing up! She got a water bottle and I put a certificate for a massage in it. She actually loves the water bottle(dancer, she always has a water bottle with her and takes 2-3 to dance classes) and she loved the massage as well. Said she felt like jelly afterwards. Wants one for her birthday next year too.

Rod's birthday was Cinco de Mayo. He worked, but we celebrated on Sunday instead.

Julie is playing softball and Jonathan is playing baseball, so it's been a busy week and looks like it will be until mid-June! Michelle, I'm going to need some dinner on a bun ideas because my brain is fried!

Today, I have NO where to go! No list, but my plan is house chores, school on the porch and then some desk work. I need to find my desk!

Have a great day, ladies! Enjoy the spring weather! I'm sure you have all had it for awhile, but we are SOO happy we finally have green grass again and the trees are finally showing blushes of green as the leaves bud and unfurl. Happy sigh...
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Michelle - I haven't gotten rid of any sleeping bags - yet. *sigh* Just relocated them. I'm so glad y'all had a fun day celebrating Carter!

Heather - I'm sorry that the co-op group isn't working for y'all any more.

Jen- We have used mostly MathUSee for my kids and its been great. Hope yours enjoy it. Too funny about Andrew Pudewa. Enjoy your slower day today. I do enjoy that about May when things are finishing up.

Angela - We are in the late start group too. *sigh* My teens stay up way too late. Eliana is still an early riser so I usually start school with her. Hope your transition goes smoothly.

Lindsay - You juggle a lot of things with your interns. I also hope that they are really helpful to you.

Shay & Robin

Up for us today.
    *School - want to put in a full morning as much as possible.
    *Park - Meeting friends at the park this afternoon to play for a couple of hours. Well, at least my younger two. Not sure why my 16yo is difficult these days about going out and doing anything. *sigh* Friend has several teen boys too. Oh well, it will be fun for those of us that do go.
    *Buy/make cookies - Eliana has her end of year American Heritage Girl ceremony tonight. I need to bring some GF cookies. I was going to have her make some easy peanut butter ones to take, but pretty sure the facility is nut free so we need another plan. May just buy some at Aldi.
    *Send in a few photos for slideshow.
    *Make a decision about ballet show on Friday night. I've gotten tickets to go see a special needs performance (lower lights, some noise allowed, various accommodations) of Cinderella. Have since found out that one of my dearest friend's father's memorial service is at the very same time. Feeling like I need to go to the funeral service, but not sure how to juggle getting my girls to the show. Eliana is not always cooperative with others and the driving/parking is a challenge too.
    *Still need to clean out some in the boys room. My 13yo is the motivated one and is doing a GREAT job!!! The 16yo that he shares a room with is less than motivated. *sigh*
    *Speaking of motivation, still trying to blast my 18yo to FINISH things! Ugh! He is so lazy and I wish he would just put in the work and finish things. He will be doing school ALL. SUMMER. LONG as it is. His fault. Means I'm working all summer too though.

Need to get off now and go work with Eliana. Have a great day friends!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Good morning!

Yesterday I did most of the work for cleaning the dining room. It is really the same room as the kitchen, but I ignore the kitchen part for now. Much more cleaning involved with the kitchen! I still need to tackle piles of papers that are constantly growing on the counter.

For today:
    • send misc. emails - already done some, more to come...
    • work on dining room piles
    • order a bountiful basket
    • go to the gym - core exercises
    • help motivate kids to work on left over school (mostly math - ds wasted an hour or two yesterday complaining about doing his math. Silly boy!
    • maybe help ds with his room - it has been left alone by me and it is now a hazard. Fun.
    • final BSF night! I love going to Share Night - where the class members can share what God has done in their life that year. So many wonderful stories!

Michelle - belated Happy birthday to Carter! I hope he had a great day!

Angela - the room swap sounds great! We changed 2 rooms last summer - a lot of work, but it was well worth it.

Shay - do you do pilates at home with your dd? Fun!

Lindsey - you've had a busy and productive day! Hope you sleep well tonight

Jen - enjoy your less busy day! At this time of the year I am so ready for activities to wrap up!

Heather - I hope you finally get to take those photos!

Leslie - hope you figure out a way to do both the performance and the funeral service. Enjoy the time at the park.

Time to get off the computer! Have a fabulous day, everyone!!

senior 3.jpg

Joelle, we got some pictures on campus the other day, but we'd like to head over to the arboretum still. This picture was taken on the terrace outside the fashion studios which look out over the gorge.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).