Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms- hoe them out, organize the linen closets, wash the towels, clean them- even the mirrors!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and cupboards, etc.

Inspiring Thought:
    Stop trying to "find balance" in your life. Balance isn't so much found...as it is intentionally created. - Logan Wolfram

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning- including math practice prep for testing later this month
    • put up books- clean up school areas
    • tidy the kitchen
    • laundry
    • dust
    • vacuum the first floor
    • orthodontist at noon
    • errands- take R to drop an application off, ortho, fabric store, and drop R at the sewing shop
    • blog work
    • call my dad
    • reading/nature journal time- which has been eclipsed by my up tick in blog work lately

This is the first evening this week that I don't have to be out, but it's the first day this week that I have to be out during the day! R is dropping off her application at the store E works in, but she doesn't turn 18 until June 1st and we don't want to bother with working papers. So, hopefully they will be good with that. It's easier to schedule someone who is 18, so that might be an advantage.

She's also going by the sewing shop to work on some projects on the embroidery machine she will be purchasing soon. I would like a few zipper pouches in a nice material and that's what we're stopping by the fabric store for and then she can make it fun by embroidering on them to get practice.

Have a wonder-filled Wednesday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Enjoy your evening at home, Heather!

We have a fairly simple day today!
    *laundry--drying now
    *make cookies--or something else for tea time
    *school
    *artist study/tea time
    *kids' bathroom
    *Alice's closet--switch winter and summer and pull outgrown stuff
    *fill out District Contest Days forms
    *gymnastics
    *church--end of the year awards ceremony and then out to eat with our neighbors

Should be nice!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning Ladies!

CH1: I need to work in the hall bathroom, I did not get to it yesterday.

CH2: I'm still working on the school dresser....it is a mess!

IT: So true!

HW - I hope your morning out goes smoothly and that you get to talk to your dad.

Jen - I haven't done the clothing switch yet, but it is time. We are supposed to hit 90F this weekend!

so far:
    We let the kid sleep in a bit after their late night.
    Bible reading
    Breakfast
    talked to kids about the plan for the day

up next:
    quick shower for me
    table time/ school
    lunch for kids
    phone call appointment for me at noon re: Women's ministry
    library run
    trip to Aldi

this evening:
    tidy kitchen
    fold laundry
    pick up in living room

We will probably watch something fun with the kids or play a game,this is our only free evening this week!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Hey all I have been MIA for days and days now. I can't believe it! The last two days I don't even think I've had a moment to read

-- This weekend we had our big church meeting (kind of like revival), and I had extra teens staying here. It was a great time! Lots of cooking and moving pieces, but everyone had such a wonderful weekend! I thought it would be a relaxing Sunday afternoon, but we wound up with a two different families coming over to swim and then stayed for taco supper. Great times!
    -- Then Monday I had a coop board meeting (summer is our busiest time) that wound up lasting from 9-1:30 Yikes! I wasn't expecting that. Got home and had to take Cale to Forestry. Came home for 45 minutes and then went back to get him. Then one of K's best friends from church called to see if she could bring her sisters over to swim, so they all came. Their parents (our preacher and his wife) were at a wedding rehearsal, so I went to pick their brother up from football after Forestry, and then they all ate supper with us.
    -- yesterday, my day started with what was to be a 30 minute errand that wound up lasting 2 1/2 hours -- I had a flat tire about 1/2 a mile from the house. I called Jim who said to just wait there for him -- so he had to drive from town (20+ minutes) to help me with the tire. I never could have done it alone -- it took us 30 minutes probably to find all the PIECES of tire-changing stuff in this new car Then I had to go to the next town over to see about a new tire -- they didn't have one. Ran my errands. Came home. Left an hour later to go to Tuscaloosa to see about a tire (it's coming in today), and then had an eye dr appointment.

CRAZY, ya'll! Absolutely crazy days! I've been swamped!

Thankfully, we're HOME today until church tonight

Laundry needs doing
    Check on school progress (it's pretty much just math for most)
    Tidy house
    Check in with a couple of friends
    Get a box of stuff ready to send to my mom
    church tonight and a finger foods supper afterwards

I know that list is short, but you can imagine how much laundry I have after not being "present" for 5 days or so
    Getting my house back in order is top priority today!

Hope ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

I never got back on here yesterday. I worked in the dining room, but there is still more to go. I'm pretty close to finishing, so I should get done today. The last BSF night was wonderful. Love hearing people's stories about God's hand in their lives.

For today:
    • Finish dining room work
    • Misc. errands
    • Continued school wrap-up
    • Cook ds's last fiar meal for the year with him
    • Start work in another room - unsure which right now (ds's room or toy room are the most likely)
    • Go through some emails that have piled up

Ds just finished rowing LRLHATGGB - the meal is great, but a lot of work - lasagna, focaccia bread, and Italian cream cake. I know it will be delicious!

Heather - enjoy your evening at home. I need more of those myself!

Jen - enjoy your art study/tea time. That always sounds so fun!

Angela - enjoy your free evening also - they seem rare this time of year.

Paige - wow! Those are some busy and crazy days! You must be a great hostess - you often have people over.

Have a wonderful day!

Heather -- love the pictures!!! We have been mowing for well over a month now. Funny I tend to think of everyone on the same "schedule" as is then someone will post and makes me think...oh yeah different.

Angela -- hey that's a good idea for supper on a bun!! Enjoy the evening!

Jen -- sounds like a nice day!

Paige -- you have been busy!! And missed! Enjoy the home day!

Joelle -- YAY for almost done with dining room!

Yesterday I:
    • finished painting the bathroom
    • caulked the tub
    • cleaned the carport -- moved stuff, swept, threw away stuff

Today:
    • clean bathroom shelf
    • move said shelf back in bathroom
    • laundry - regular & sheets
    • dentist..ds2 ..he is thrilled..not
    • store -- salad stuff, we have lettuce but nothing else to make a salad
    • hs group sports day
    • find spot and get wasp thing out
    • supper

There is more I want to do but who knows how long the dentist will take or how long sports day will last.

I have several lists on my phone...Today, To Do soon & Keep on swimming Keep on swimming is the bigger projects.

I have most of this in a notebook, in detail steps (so I can see lots of check marks when I am done
    ). Also to break down some of the big projects into bite size pieces. The phone lists are mostly reminders to do the stuff and as I notice stuff I want to do I can add right then without having to go find my notebook.

Ok need to get moving . I have been enjoying my porch. It is cloudy but feels so nice out. Suppose to get to 90 tomorrow I think.

Have an amazing Wednesday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Heather - Hope your day out is a pleasant one. What are you going to use the zipper pouches for? My dd is learning to use an embroidery machine and I would love to give her some practice too. She has picked out a project to make for the girls that she nannies.

Jen - and those of you who switch clothing, what do you do with the out of season things? I just have my kids go through and try on to move out the things that don't fit. My 13yo is growing like a weed (has passed 2 of his older brothers and his dad already) and he has outgrown most of what he had last summer. Can you share more about your artist/tea time? I've never done this much/consistantly but it sounds like a neat thing.

Angela - Enjoy your free evening!

Paige - Your days sound very full! I hope today is relaxing. Laundry is my favorite chore. Not sure others feel that way, but I do enjoy it.

Joelle - So glad you had a nice night at BSF. Good luck on finishing up your dining room today.

Michelle - Yay on finishing the bathroom painting! Doesn't it feel nice to have a room spiffied up? I find it both encouraging and motivating.

Today:
    *school - and an at home day. Nowhere to be until I have a haircut at 5pm. Hoping we can be productive. Boys sleeping in.
    *rsvp for our homeschool conference. I've delayed doing this and need to get it done before price goes up again.
    *figure out who is going to ballet on Fri. Work out details for a driver. Hoping my dh can drop them off and pick up so that they don't have to navigate downtown with Eliana.

We had a fun day yesterday at the park with a friend I haven't seen in awhile. It was nice to catch-up. Last night was the end of year ceremony for the American Heritage Girl troop. Its such a great group and I'm glad to be part of it. I've made plans to do some service hours over the summer with a couple of the girls that Eliana has connected with. Hoping to build on those friendships as she has a harder time with friends her own age. The older girls in the troop are fabulous with her!

That's all for now. Have a great day!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Last day of tutoring at the Dyslexia Center until June 11! I'm excited to focus on just homeschooling for a bit. Ds11 probably isn't so excited that I'll be all-homeschool-all-the-time though. It'll mean more math for a few weeks. He requested more composer/music study, so I'll balance the math with that, and hope for the best.

I look forward to being back here on a daily basis too. Yay! My house needs lots of help and my project list is way too long. Sigh. But yet, good. Working on some house projects will be a good thing.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Heather, loved R's pictures! And the goggles were cool too!

Leslie, I am glad Eliana's ceremony went well!

Joelle, yes, my dd and I do pilates at home. We were consistent in the fall and the the holidays happened and we got off track. We have just started being consistent again in the past few weeks. We also recently started walking with the turn in the weather.

Jen and Angela, my kids have been watching Psych on Prime for the past few weeks! Almost daily, they watch an episode. We got a new internet provider and it allows us to watch video!!! We are so excited! We've been probably going a bit bonkers with the new bandwidth. And then yesterday, it died. We are trying to be patient while the issue is fixed.

Angela, thanks for the dinner on a bun! That's what I've been doing. Sandwiches with veggies and it's not exciting. We do sandwiches for lunches, so I'm going to need to start cooking lunches before the kids rebel at an overload of sandwiches.

Paige, craziness at your house! Glad dh was able to help with the tire though!

Michelle, yay on new paint! And I just thought of you this morning. I was sitting on the porch and had moved my chair into the sun, under the hummingbird feeder. We haven't filled it yet because haven't seen any hummers yet. Well, one came and buzzed me and then just hovered maybe 2 feet from my face for like 30-60 seconds. I got up, got the feeder down and went inside to fill it. He has me well trained! Do you believe I thought about taking down a tree and the only reason the thing is still in place is because there is a particular branch this little guy always perches on while waiting for me to fill the feeder? Sucker.

Today's list:
    -brought van to mechanic to look over. Dh is driving a load of teens to NatCon in TN for TeenPact.
    -talked to mechanic about an issue with my vehicle. He told me to bring it down for a peek
    -home and did Pilates with Bekah(and Jon joined in for the first bit)
    -Nick did animals and then took my truck down for me. Needs seals, mechanic will order them and we need to bring it back tomorrow to be replaced
    -breakfast
    -shower while kids did chores
    -started school on porch with teens while littles played outside
    -math with littles
    -lunch
    -littles are back to playing and I need to round up Jon for a reading lesson
    -teens are still doing school and I know Nick is needing help with math
    -we have two ball games tonight, same time, 45 minutes apart. Jon is missing his because it's Julie's first game and Jon has been to three so far.
    -Nick has play rehearsal. He's the tech guy, lights and sound, and performances start tomorrow night through Sunday.
    -call Bekah's summer program as I have a vax question, sigh. Emailed Monday and didn't get a response.
    -desk work, it would be nice. We'll see...

Oh, and I planned the rest of the school year and we will be done by June 1st!!! Julie will finish math this week, and has one more final copy from IEW. Jon will finish math by June 1st and we may keep reading through the summer. I've been awful on keeping up with FIAR this year, so I told them we will row through the summer. They are super excited! And both teens will be done by June 1st, even taking a week off for NatCon. We leave June 2nd for vacay, so it will be good to be done before we leave! Woohoo!

Lunch is way past done so back to work!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Nelsen View Post
    Jen - and those of you who switch clothing, what do you do with the out of season things? I just have my kids go through and try on to move out the things that don't fit. My 13yo is growing like a weed (has passed 2 of his older brothers and his dad already) and he has outgrown most of what he had last summer. Can you share more about your artist/tea time? I've never done this much/consistantly but it sounds like a neat thing.
    As far as clothes, I try to pull the things that I know she's outgrown or is so close to outgrowing that I know they won't fit when the weather turns. Those things will be sorted into donate or consignment sale piles. Then I move the out of season stuff to the higher/further back parts of the closet and the new season stuff to the lower/front racks so she can reach it on her own. There's always stuff that falls through the cracks, but honestly, it's because I buy too many clothes.

We have been doing our artist study/tea times for ages--we started when ds was 7 and he'll be 14 in a month! We pick an artist each month and every Wednesday afternoon we read a book/have a snack/try a project. We have not been as consistent the last two or three years because we had the house on the market/were in the rent house (when we tried to be out of the house as much as possible to keep sane /spent last year doing a few here and there on artists we didn't really have enough on to last a whole month) but we're doing better. My kids really enjoy it! Now we're cycling back through artists we've done before because they were so young the first time. There are lots of examples on my blog and the Homeschool Share blog has some great ideas and I have a ton of stuff I've pinned on Pinterest. Now we are doing some of the Masterpiece Society lessons, too.

*cleaned the kids' bathroom
    *made jello--I didn't have any brown sugar to make the cookies!
    *showered
    *read to the kids
    *art lesson
    *made lunch

I think that's it....