Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms- hoe them out, organize the linen closets, wash the towels, clean them- even the mirrors!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and cupboards, etc.

Inspiring Thought: I am sure no great academic progress was made; no great thoughts captured; no wonderful manuscript produced, but I was encouraged to notice and somehow newly awake to the preciousness of time and import of each daily incarnational encounter with Glory. - The Living Page

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning
    • evaluate school work- Algebra to look over to see where my student is going wrong. He is weary.
    • book clean up- for real
    • tidy the first floor- with our projects starting and then scaling back we don't need to ignore regular stuff
    • make applesauce
    • enlist help for R- who will be carting things back to her room. Her shelving goes back in this weekend giving the paint a few more days to cure.
    • group work- maybe a quick newsletter
    • laundry
    • bathrooms- one or more of them
    • blog work
    • reading/nature journal time- it is a good practice to leave work early in the evening!

Looks like rain in our forecast this afternoon, so I'll be taking Dan to work this morning. Also, I had no idea that the weather was going to change abruptly. I missed my moment for getting those pictures at the arboretum- unless we go this morning and it will be windy. I'll consider it. The other kind of picture I wanted to get was at her sewing machine. Today would be good for that- she will be putting her cubby desk back (that dh made for her when she was like 9). It's two big double cubbies with a counter surface across them. Then she can put her machine/s there and we can get pictures there (in lieu of a musical instrument or sports picture).

Then I can work on doing her announcements and get those ordered. Ack! Seniors! I'll be glad for a break after this year! Even if I'll have a high school junior! I'm in this perpetual mode of guidance counselor, swirling in high school juniors and seniors. I calculated once it would be just about 9 years straight!

Let's all have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Itís been a busy day, but the team arrived safely and all is going well so far.

-swapped one of the air mattresses for a futon for one of the team members
    -re-arranged one of the Sunday school rooms (moved the folded up chairs away from the heads of one of the beds so that itís safer for earthquakes)
    -hung curtains in one of the Sunday school rooms. We were missing parts for the curtain rod so we used magnets.
    -algebra with Wesley
    -phonics with Hudson
    -math with Hudson
    -unit study with Hudson. I had an intern do a Science demonstration with him.
    -baked a loaf of bread and got the interns started on baking 2 more loaves
    -hung 2 loads of laundry
    -folded 3 loads of laundry.
    -picked up dd
    -noon prayer
    -took a lady home after prayer at noon
    -ran to the store for the chicken we forgot to buy for the stir fry
    -helped the interns get started with the dinner they made
    -went over some of the plan with the interns
    -church tour for the team members
    -emergency/disaster orientation
    -dinner with the team
    -evening prayer at 7
    -put together a snack basket for the team members
    -got the church and room keys and hung them in one of the Sunday school rooms

Heather, I love the idea of sewing machines in a senior picture for your dd!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good morning!

I hope you can get the pictures you want, Heather!

We had a good time last night. We went to the awards ceremony and then out to eat. Our neighbor treated us since we have been taking her dd this year, so that was really nice!

Today's plans:
    *school--still going lightly...
    *register for evening hike
    *turn in contest days forms at extension office
    *swim team
    *Hobby Lobby
    *volunteering
    *library
    *grocery pick up
    *kids to my mom and dad--they'll pick them up on the way home from work and we'll go get them later
    *out to eat for our anniversary

Lots of things out today, but at least they're all small things!

Have a great day today, friends!

ETS: Lindsey, I'm glad the team arrived safely!

Heather - I hope you are able to get photos today that you like and want. I hear you on the seniors and the time it takes. I'm trying to get mine to finish up some classes. He will be doing school all summer long though. Which means I'm not off either. *sigh*

Lindsay - I hope this team is a helpful one. Praying for you as you juggle so much.

Jen - Thanks for sharing about your artist time. Can you share a link to your blog please?

My mom is coming today!!! She was planning on coming Friday for a few days, but texted yesterday to see if she could come a day early.

*Clean - Lots to do in that area as I've been slack this week. I've been working on the downstairs this morning and its in pretty good shape. Need to get Joshua out of his room and get it cleaned as that is also the guest room. My dh cleaned the bathroom in there last night which is a huge help.
    *Phone - my phone just died yesterday. *sigh* Dh is running by apple store this morning. (I offered to do it, but he wanted to.) Hoping its an easy fix as it has everything on it. I was glad to be able to get the books I was reading/listening to on other devices last night. Would like to have my calendar back too.
    *School work - I've gotten an early start with Eliana. Yay!!!
    *Meal plan for the next few days. Got in some yummy produce this morning and need to figure out how I'm going to use it.

Off for now. Have a great day friends!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Good morning, all

Heather -- hope you get great pics, and I love the idea of the sewing machine in R's pic!

Lindsey -- you AMAZE me!!! I hope all goes well with the team of interns!

Jen -- what a TREAT to be treated to dinner That was a nice thing for the neighbor to do. Sometimes it's the little things that speak volumes

Leslie -- on your mom coming! I love it when my parents come visit (and so do my kids!). Hope you can get your cleaning done!

Here:
    * I wound up with a very upset stomach last night and it's back this morning. No clue why I don't feel bad (although my body is kind of achy). Yuck -- NOT what I need at this moment. Hopefully, it'll just go away!
    * already working on laundry this morning. I'm SO behind from last week.
    * mother's helper is coming today, so the house will get cleaned (with kid help), and laundry should get finished.
    * I'm hoping to work on my bedroom (which is disastrous at the moment), catch up with ironing, and work on coop budget stuff -- trying to get the end of the year things finalized.
    * kids need to do a bit of school (still plugging along at math)
    * register K. for the ACT again -- I'm late (I forgot ). She wants to shoot for 2 more points. Not sure if it's possible or not, but I'm willing to let her try It's just more guaranteed scholarship money if she gets it

Not sure what else is on the agenda. It shouldn't be a bad day I'm ready to get my house back in order!!!

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

For today:
    • started a study of the Psalms using a book my sil gave me for Christmas - I think I'll really enjoy it!
    • empty dishwasher
    • hand wash dishes
    • general tidy
    • lunch with friend I haven't seen in about a year
    • help with co-op yearbook assembly
    • tumbling/parkour for dc
    • trash/recycling to curb
    • zumba class

I don't think I'll get to any new organizing/deep cleaning today since there are several extra activities in there.

Paige - hope your upset stomach starts to feel better. No fun at all.

Leslie - enjoy time with your mom! Hope your phone is a quick fix.

Jen - is this your dating anniversary or your wedding anniversary? I remember you often celebrate both. Either way - congrats!

Lindsey - glad the team arrived safely. Hope they are a blessing to you and your family. Great job being innovative by using magnets to hang curtains!

Heather - sorry for the change in weather re. getting outdoor photos. I think the sewing machine photo will be great!

Everyone have a super day!

Good MOrning,

I have to leave in 15 minutes to take A and L to orthodontist appointments, so I will post my list later.

Paige - I hope you feel better soon.

Leslie - Ugh! on the phone issue! That can be such pain, it is hard to imagine how we all functioned without them!

Jen - Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the night out!

Lindsey - I like how you "Macgeyver-ed" that curtain rod!

HW - I hope you can snag some grad pictures today. I like the idea of the sewing machine!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Paige - I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! Hope that it passes quickly and that your day is productive and restful!

Joelle - You have some fun things planned for the day! Enjoy! What do you use to make your yearbook? Just curious. We use Treering for our homeschool group and I love it!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Joelle - enjoy lunch with a friend!!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Leslie, here is the link to my blog! It's not the most organized, but if you search artist study, many will come up, or you can always search by the name. I need to get the new stuff we've done up, but I'm behind...

Paige, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Joelle, I hope you have a great time at lunch! It is our dating anniversary--24 years! Our wedding will be next month...18!

I haven't accomplished much...made breakfast, started the dishwasher, took a shower. The hike is full, so that's off the list. I need to have the kids come inside soon!