Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Good morning!

My goal for today is to clean off the dining room table, wash towels and sheets. That is all.

However, I do have to run out this afternoon, which always carries the possibility of derailment. I need to pick up contacts, go to the grocery, pop in at the spice shop, and get Boyo a haircut. Maybe I can get Belle to do a couple of those for me.

We need to get started on our table time, but Boyo has not yet appeared. I might need to send Keeper up to wake him.

Have a wonderful day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Jen -- YAY for dinner treat and Happy Anniversary!!

Joelle -- Enjoy your lunch and visit

Angela -- hope orthodontist goes well

Leslie -- Enjoy visit with mom & YIKES on phone! Hope you can get it fixed!

Lindsey -- busy busy day! You are amazing

Paige -- hope you feel better soon!!

Heather -- love the sewing machine picture idea!!

Robin -- hope errands don't get derailed

Slow moving this morning.
    So far:
    • morning stuff
    • started load laundry
    • made bed
    • text with friends, mom & step mom
    • reset internet stuff...was soooooo slow last night & this morning
    • watched neighbors loading stuff in car...are they moving or getting rid of stuff?? yeah I am being nosy
    • discussed day/plans/work with ds2 -- he has started his work
    • enjoyed my porch

Yesterday ds1 left here at 7:30am (mowing) and got home at 9:30pm But he came in in a great mood. They stopped mowing at 8:30pm but boss took him and bosses sons out for supper.

Today:
    • get moving
    • boys sheets
    • folding some laundry
    • figure out supper
    • clean up some paint drips ...oops
    • put shelf back in bathroom
    • blankets down from windows
    • general straightening

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Good Afternoon!
    We had some rain go through early this morning. 4am. I woke up and then couldn't get back to sleep. I gave up trying at 5am and grabbed the Kindle, and caught up on reading a bunch of stuff.
    Currently it's 69*F and mostly cloudy. We just had a nice bit of sun though for about a half hour.

The big lilac bush/tree in the back yard has bloomed. The blooms are way up at the top though with only a couple near where I can reach them. I was surprised to see it bloom right on time considering that the rest of spring took forever to take hold. This big bush/tree was here when we bought the house. I have a miniature lilac bush by the front door, that was given to us when we moved in. It's getting ready! I love this one because the smells will waft through the entire house, as long as it's not too cold to have the windows open that is.

So far:
    • caught up on some reading early this morning
    • watched a presentation on youtube
    • picked up a bit here and there
    • got some amish friendship bread starter going... i need to make Snickerdoodles tomorrow and the recipe I love uses it
    • morning school with ds11
    • updated school planner/journal
    • lunch is mostly done

For the rest of TODAY:
    • afternoon school
    • tidy up schooling area in living room... this is a bigger task than it sounds
    • jar up the mexican black beans I overnight cooked in the slow cooker
    • what's for supper? I have some leftover chicken I can use
    • boy laundry... which I should go put in the washer right now before I forget
    • LOF order for Fractions + Decimals and Percents.
    • + whatever else strikes my fancy... I could make a list a mile long

HeatherW-- I like the idea of R pics with her sewing.

Robin-- Sorry about your dog getting injured while boarded. That's a tough situation.

Jen-- Enjoy your Anniversary Dinner! Happy Anniversary!

I should get back to work. We've been taking it casual today, but I can't let that settle in just yet.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Today's List:

my house is really messy. I got behind last week with the infected-bug-bite and I just haven't caught up. As we all know, mess breeds mess, especially where children are concerned and I need to tackle the kitchen asap!

so far today;
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    table time
    orthodontist*
    home - lunch

up next:
    start laundry
    finish school
    clean the kitchen

this evening:
    dinner in IP
    take Ash to dance
    come home (which I don't usually do)**
    go to CM group meeting - Dan will pick Ash up.

* Ashlyn had an orthodontist check-up. He carved out some space in her retainer for incoming adult teeth. She only has to wear it at night now and we go back for her in 3 months.
    Logan got the top spacer put in. He was a champ, but it looks miserable. He is having a hard time eating, which is really hard for him. He is constantly moving, always hungry, and very lean. I made him a smoothie for lunch and he is trying to eat bread and jam.

**I found out there is a local group of CM moms in my area that do things with their kids. This is not my CM-reading group. Those ladies are really lovely, but they almost all have much younger children and they don't get together with their kids. This group DOES get together with their kids, but I'm not sure what kinds of things they do. I requested to be a member of their FB group, but before they let you join they have to meet you in person. They have a Mom's meeting tonight at the local B&N to discuss the "Charlotte Mason Companion." I hope this goes well. I'm not feeling like meeting new people today, but I also feel like I need some new avenues for my kids to get together with other kids during the school year.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- I hope the meeting tonight goes well. The companion is a tough read. I've had it for many years. Usually when I go out under those circumstances, I'm glad I went (which is true about everything I do lately ).

Cindy- our lilac has bloomed. It must be just happening though because they aren't very big. it's a small bush and I wonder if the deer like it because it's not filled in at the bottom.

So far:
    • made a lunch
    • did the work drop
    • made french toast
    • washed up dishes
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher
    • discussed R's room- and putting things back in.
    • worked on school with J- just one more thing to complete
    • worked with J on my website- he coded a few things for me and justified the middle of my footer- that was driving me crazy.
    • started setting up my Instagram page- my theme now has a special page for that one link you get to put in Instagram. It's kind of really cool.
    • made some changes to my course landing pages- I've let it sit long enough that I can go back and be useful at editing.
    • discussed notebooking with I15- he's on board with my suggestions for his biology notebook. He does consider himself a Keeper. It will be excellent to see him write his observations. He's been really enjoying biology lately and he's reading the Journals of Louis and Clark for history. I think my first idea of keeping a journal like theirs was too whimsical for him. I made it a concrete, information based idea and he's all over it.
    • sat with dh at lunch outdoors- back now and it's storming!
    • started checking math- I'm trying to see where he's gone wrong and I guess I need to rewatch the video because my answers aren't right either. I should check to see if they have solutions not just answers.
    • put a stool back in the basement- from the painting work
    • started today's laundry
    • folded a load of laundry

R's got her desk moved back to her room. Soon she'll add her machines.

For now, it's back to math for me. I'll check in later!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Good afternoon!

Angela, I hope the meeting goes well! They would be crazy not to want you!

Michelle, that's a lot of mowing!!

Cindy, I hope you are enjoying your non-tutoring time! So good to see you here more!

everyone!

*took the forms in to the extension office
    *stopped at Tuesday Morning to look for some teacher gifts
    *dropped ds at swim team
    *Hobby Lobby with dd
    *back to swim team
    *volunteering
    *grocery pick up

I forgot to bring my library books, so that will wait until tomorrow!

• afternoon school with ds11 done
    • 1 load of laundry washed and dried
    • took care of the beans
    • put supper together... mexican casserole
    • looked over the LOF site (hadn't been there in quite a while), will order in a bit

Supper is now out of the oven and dh just pulled in. I was interrupted on my post.

Angela-- Mess breeds mess. So true. Plus, clean counters seem to breed mess at my house also. I can't win either way.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Just started a certain planning for high school course....

Popping in late...

Today:
    -woke up way too early and couldn't get back to sleep
    -finally gave up and caught up on news
    -did pilates with Bekah
    -went for a walk with Bekah, Jon and Josh after much hullabaloo. Couldn't find stroller, then my walking app wouldn't work, tried to get my new heart rate monitor(dh bought me for Christmas 2016, never used it yet) to work, but it was too difficult. sigh... I did finally get the app updated and we walked 2.4 miles.
    -breakfast while I breathed, oxygenated and drank water
    -SHOWER!
    -washed a LOT of eggs
    -school with teens
    -headed out while the teens fed the little guys lunch
    -dropped eggs at food bank(12.5 dozen, we are getting sick of eggs)
    -massage, yay!
    -filled car with gas, I seem the be the only one capable which means a talk is needed with the teen who also drives this car
    -AutoZone for lug nuts. We had our tires swapped from studded snow to regular and we forgot to torque after 50 miles. We lost a lug nut off two of the cars.
    -Walmart for groceries
    -PO for mail
    -back home and teens helped unload and everyone put away groceries
    -made up two snack plates for the actors/crew for Opening Night
    -made dinner(modenese pork chops, rice pilaf and salad)
    -Nick left for the theater, and forgot the snack plates on the counter
    -finished Rebekah's intake paperwork for summer ballet program and submitted it online
    -checked email and got a reminder about a bill, need to pay that in a minute
    -got an email from above summer ballet program and paperwork deadline was delayed from the 15th to the 28th.

Dh just called and he's on his way home, so I need to reheat dinner. And then I'm putting my feet up!!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Good evening!

It's been a good day. Good conversation with my friend. Love those friendships where you can just jump right back into it even though you haven't seen each other in awhile!

Got to the yearbook assembly 'party' a little late and my laptop was being stubborn. I only completed 2 pages, but now that I know how to do it and have an acct. to log in, I can do more work at home.

Leslie - they use Treering also! It was pretty easy to use and I enjoyed it.

Jen - we also celebrate our dating anniversary because it is on my birthday! He didn't know that at the time. It was a great b-day gift We'll be at 19 yrs. married in August, 20 yrs. dating in Sept., and 21 yrs. ago that we first met in Dec. We moved a long a lot more quickly since I was mid 20s and he was late 20s

Cindy - I love lilacs! We are thinking about planting one. We planted one at our old house - and then we moved - boo!

Angela - I hope your meeting with the CM group goes well. I had a virus a few weeks ago were my only symptom was exhaustion - the house was AWFUL after those 4 days. Not fun. Hope your chaos is easily reined in.

Heather - so nice that J can do all that work on your website for you!

Shay - wish we could help you with your extra eggs - yum! Glad only 2 lug nuts fell off - yikes!

Robin - hope errands didn't derail you too much - they always take more time than you think they will!

Michelle - that is a long day for your ds!

Going to read and relax for about 45 min. before dropping kids at tumbling/parkour and heading for the gym so I can do zumba!

Have a fab evening!!