Thread: I just QUIT facebook :0

Default I just QUIT facebook :0

I just quit facebook. I am the generation who got social media in my early teens so this is a big deal. The only thing it brought positive to my life was the FIAR group.

So this will be my main FIAR outlet from now on. I really love hearing about other families and their journeys as well as having a place to have questions.

Is there a place on here I can have new threads post to my e-mail so I can see them? Or any ways to make it easier to be involved on here?

Thank you!

I am sure I will be feeling withdrawals soon....I wasted many many hours on there for the last decade plus! But I am determined!

Welcome, Brook!

If you go to your settings, I think you can subscribe to threads- at least that is where you can view them.

Don't forget to check the archives for previous discussions on books.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hi
    Brooke I completely unserstand — I’m a scarce fb user...

Pop in on the decluttering thread and join in our daily discussions
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Welcome! I'm on Facebook, but I rarely check in on the FIAR page because I've been coming here for a decade now! I hope you'll enjoy it!!

Hi Brooke,

Welcome! You can pop onto any of the forums threads and start chatting. Lots going on in the decluttering thread. Its a daily talk with friends.

Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (25) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (19), Isaiah (17), Daniel (14), and Eliana Joy (11).

Welcome! This is a wonderful place! I don't use Facebook for FIAR related stuff - I come here. You will find a wealth of information if you do some searches.
    Rachel, mommy to Max and Zoe - 16, Abby - 14, and Sam, 11
    Moving at the speed of homeschool

Welcome Brooke! Like others, I am on fb, but I come here for FIAR related things - and for a lot of great advice and ideas in other areas of life. The Mamas here are wise and a great resource. I do believe that there is a way from settings to subscribe to threads, but I always just come here at the same time every day or two and keep up with it that way. There is a "new posts" link at the top of the page (as long as you stay logged in I think) and if you click it it will show you all the new threads and threads with new posts since the last time you visited.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Welcome, Brooke! I often have a random question to ask, and I usually consider this the best place to start rather than Facebook! Facebook is a little too "out there" for me, and frankly it's losing its luster in many ways and is a time consumer. These forums are more like-minded and direct and ... (especially important!) .... kind!

I would love to see the chatter on here grow and grow again, and get some additional meaty and rich threads going! It's always encouraging to see a new friend join the group!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Thanks everybody! I am happy to be here!