Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms- hoe them out, organize the linen closets, wash the towels, clean them- even the mirrors!

School Challenge: Clean up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string. - L.M. Mongomery, Anne of Avonlea

For me today:
    • school and art time
    • school planning
    • read aloud
    • credit union
    • take E for a haircut
    • call my dad- he was not online most of yesterday, so I may need to call. Seems like he does a little better hearing with FB video so I try to stick with that.
    • give the first floor some love- goodness!
    • send off reservation for pavilion for grad party- the pool was vetoed by our cohost. Sigh.
    • bathrooms- did some yesterday
    • laundry
    • reading/nature journal time
    • blog work- the list is long

It's going to be cooler today not even making it to 60*. But, so far the sun is out and for that I am grateful!

I would like to stay in, but I have some errands to run and to make sure the 19yo gets his haircut. Hopefully, that will not take long. I've been losing momentum in doing work around here with the other demands on my time.

Have a fun-filled Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

I love the IT, Heather!

Lots to do today...
    *laundry--going now
    *PTE/grocery order--the lady told me to try to place one this weekend so I'd get a gift bag!
    *mowing
    *our sheets
    *our bathroom
    *bank
    *skating
    *library
    *walmart--I may need stuff to make whatever we're having tonight. I'm soooo unorganized with food right now!

Have a great day today, friends!

I am completely covered in hives. My neck and face are terrible!
    I have a Dr appointment at noon. My guess is that I am having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Yesterday was the last day, day 10.

I wonder if people will move out of my way in the waiting room!

I want to feel sorry for myself and ignore most of the school plan for the day, but we need to do it!
    I'm off to get cleaned up and get things started.

Jen -Have a great day! Do you skate too, or just the kids?

HW - I hope you can connect with your Dad today!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela, I hope you are feeling better soon! I don't skate...I tried it once when they were little and it seemed much more dangerous as an adult than it did as a kid!

AR- I was going to ask about how you were doing this morning after reading about your hives! I hope they aren't making you too uncomfortable!

Jen- I've made several nice meals this week and went with leftovers last night. I'm trying to bring things around and not order pizza even when I want to!

So far:
    • made dh his lunch and saw him off on his bike
    • added to the list for my web developer- my affiliate program gets installed on Monday!
    • put some things in the dishwasher- with more to go at breakfast time

I meant to tell you all we had an interesting conversation at dinner the other night. With Ethan being back at the grocery store, he's making observations again about what people buy. Now this is a neighborhood grocery store more or less. It used to be a NY chain that was bought out by another one and turned into the other chain's stores except for this location and one in another town. They are independent stores locally own by two rather young guys. So, most of the people who stop in here are folks from Cornell on the way to or from work, but there are some locals who do most of their shopping there. Anyway, he was commenting on how much prepared food people buy and how it was nice that I made our food from ingredients. I was showered with compliments on how everyone appreciated that. You know...as I made chicken parm and spicy pork tacos mid week.

Ok...time to get ready for the school day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

This is my first time replying on this! Does the decluttering topic change just once per week? I may join in on that!

Our last day of homeschool was Teacher Appreciation Day! We start in July when it gets hot, hot, hot here and get out early when it is so nice here!

Today:
    Play ball with the kids
    laundry-going now
    exercise
    quiet time
    read aloud The Little House Series
    Call Dr. about upcoming appt.
    Budget (done!)
    Event at church tonight.
    Plus-I may try to get some of that decluttering in

Angela Rose: How uncomfortable! I hope that the Dr. can help!
    Jen-thank you for inviting me to join this thread each morning!
    Heather-thank you for having these threads and I try to cook as homemade as possible--though we are out of snacks and live in a town with no grocery store...sssooo...we will be getting something packaged today!

Have a good day everybody!!

Angela - I'm so sorry friend! I hope you can get some relief soon! I would not feel badly about calling a day off for health.

Heather - Is the grad party for your R? Or is this a group one? My grad doesn't want anything planned this year. I will though or I will hear about it for the rest of my life. So nice to be appreciated for your work in the kitchen!

Jen - I understand the not planning food. Its hard when you are running around. Hope you get a plan started today.

Brooke - Welcome! We are glad to have you here! Enjoy your down time. We are trying to wrap up, but I have some that will definitely be doing school thru the summer (the 18yo that needs to finish!!!)

Here:
    My mom came last night for a visit. IT was a day earlier than expected! We don't have much planned for the day. We are playing games this morning. I need to take food to a friend. We have a split evening. Girls are going to a ballet of Cinderella (special needs performance), boys to a work event with dh (food) and I'm going to a funeral/memorial for a friend's dad.

Need to run. They are starting without me!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Heather, that IT is one of my favorite Anne lines! I remember it often on just those types of days. ~happy sigh~

Angela, I'm so sorry about the hives!

Jen, I need to use PTE! I have it, I just never use it. Nick asked me yesterday if there was a way to get it to auto-populate the fields. Umm, no. That's where the whole "planning" part comes in.

Leslie, have a great visit with your mom! Ben didn't want grad party and neither does Nick. I won't do anything, although my dh still complains about Ben's lack of ceremony. But at 18, they can choose if they want a party or not.

Brooke, welcome!! Where do you live? When we lived in TX, we started school right after the Fourth of July, took off Thanksgiving week until mid-January and took off time as needed throughout the year.

Today's list:
    -pilates with Bekah
    -walked a mile with Bekah, Julie and Josh, broke the front wheel of my stroller. sigh...
    -ordered a replacement wheel
    -putzed on the internet for too long
    -breakfast
    -get school going with teens
    -school with Js
    -shower, I'd like one now, but everyone is already waiting for me
    -lunch
    -call dance teacher to discuss upcoming year
    -dinner plan

I know I have other stuff to do, but dh is home today. Sometimes our plans don't mesh.

Have a great day!!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Brooke- welcome to the decluttering thread! We'll look forward to getting to know you! Yes, once a week I change the challenge for cleaning/decluttering. Throughout the week I change up the school challenges. Feel free to drop an idea for what you'd like to work on. We've been at this an embarrassing amount of time (easily more than ten years), so it wouldn't be surprising if we've gotten a little stale.

Leslie- I canceled our group graduation. There was not enough hearty participation and I wasn't dragging anyone into that much work! This is a party for her and her friend. Which is lopsided and not fun anymore. Sigh. We thought it would be a small affair. Since then, we've learned her friend invited 60 people. Rebecca only has about 15 or 20 she will invite and who knows how many will come. You are smart to celebrate whether the teen wants it or not! You do NOT want that coming back on you!

Not enough people are moving early enough, so I'm doing my errands early and I will come back to do art and the few things I'm needed for later on.

Good morning, all!

BROOKE -- WELCOME Glad you decided to chime in here!!! Where do you live? I live outside of Tuscaloosa, AL, so I completely understand the HOT. We're almost done with school (and my youngest IS finished) The others are finishing up math -- the final thing....

Angela -- SO sorry about the hives. Utter misery! Very interesting that it would react day 10. Maybe it was the "piling up" of meds that finally caused the reaction. Hope you can get some relief!

Heather -- for E recognizing the efforts you make for healthy, home-cooked foods! It's nice to be appreciated by the kids when THEY see it!!!

Shay -- Hope your day goes well. Enjoy R being home if nothing else!

Jen -- busy day! Hope the goody bag is full of fun stuff!

Leslie -- enjoy your mom -- those are special times. My parents love to come and play games with the kids!

Here:
    * my stomach still isn't "right." My body aches and my stomach now HURTS. I has to have been a virus. I'm moving kind of slowly. Yesterday I was so tired, I took a nap and slept for TWO hours!!!! I never sleep like that during the day unless there's something wrong with me! Yikes!
    * Meanwhile, I have a friend coming over in about an hour to look through some "garage sale" clothes that another friend has given me to look through. Many are NICE clothes that she's selling for $5 each. The more worn, cheaper stuff is either give-away or $2. I've picked stuff for me, stuff for my mom, and now my friend is coming to look.
    * I need to keep working on cleaning out my closet. Did I even tell ya'll that in the midst of all the craziness at my house in the last couple of weeks, that a friend I taught with 20+ years ago was closing her LulaRoe business? She had all kinds of FB sales going on, and I contacted her about a dress and a shirt. She asked me my size and told me she was sending me a care package. Over the last two weeks, she's mailed me THREE boxes of new clothes I kept telling her I'd pay, but she insisted that they were gifts. She told me that I had no idea how much I'd been a blessing to her many, many years ago when she was a new teacher and needed help and support, and now it was her turn to bless me Ya'll, it has been an amazing gift! And it's just touched my heart so much!
    SO, I have almost a new wardrobe and I've been cleaning out all kinds of "old" stuff that's been languishing in my closet. It's a great feeling! I currently have 3 garbage bags of clothes and shoes sitting in my bathroom floor, and I'm not done yet! I hate to even put the new stuff IN until I get the old stuff OUT Now THAT'S decluttering!!!

* I may take Mattie (and thus the boys ) to JcPenny later -- I have two coupons, including a $10 off of $10, and M's been home all week and is dying to "escape"
    * tonight we have a graduation party from 530-730. Another friend is coming here to go with us. And one of K's friends may be coming home to spend the night?????
    Always moving pieces .....

That's my day. Another slow one, hopefully. I need it!

Ya'll have a Superb Friday!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)