Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Good morning!

I slept until 8! That is pretty much unheard of! Yea, sleep!
    Kids are both still asleep (almost 9 here). Crazy this morning! Since school is just math and phonics for ds and just math and wrap up fiar for dd, I'm letting them sleep as long as needed today....

For today:
    • gym - core exercises
    • Psalm study - #2 today
    • write bills and mail them
    • minimal school
    • plan for next week
    • pick up bountiful basket at 4:30
    • make dd's meal for Helen Keller - MUCH simpler than the one for ds!
    • work on decluttering toy room - lots of toys that are now too young for ds who is 8 Also a lot of 'junk' toys that are just taking up space
    • general tidy for rest of house

Angela - hope the hives aren't too painful/annoying and that the dr. is able to help you get quick relief!

Jen - I love ice skating! Our local rink is about 30 minutes away. I should take the kids to it more, but we only get there about once every 2 years.

Heather - I grew up having mostly boxed meals. We occasionally have boxed meals, and my kids always want more of them! Doesn't that seem backwards???
    Sorry for the continued graduation party headache

Brooke - welcome! I'm guessing you are in the south somewhere based on your comments about the weather? Hope you enjoy the decluttering thread!

Leslie - enjoy the time with your mom!

Shay - great job on the pilates and walk! I'm trying to be better about exercising. I feel so much better on the days that I do exercise

Paige - hope you're feeling all the way better soon. No fun. Great about all the new clothes!

Time to get started - still no movement from the kids!!

Have a blessing filled day!

I actually don't live in the South. We live in Kansas but by July and August the temps are high 90s or low 100s with high humidity. The humidity is what gets me! Thank you all for thr warm welcome!!

Paige - What a sweet blessing! I'm thrilled for you! And great job on decluttering too!!!

Heather - I'm so sorry for the grad party headache. We have done grad parties/celebrations for my oldest two with just one other friend. We had a lot of mutual friends so it worked out well. My oldest didn't want a graduation. I did it anyone. I told him it wasn't just about him. Afterwards, he thanked me for doing it and was glad that I had. This is our graduation and I think its important to mark it. We don't do graduation with a group so this is it. I hope that it ends up being a really great night! When is it?

Joelle - Enjoy your HK dinner! That is a much easier one than Little Red Lighthouse! We just did Homer Price last week-end. Thankfully dh helped as I really don't like frying chicken. The potato salad for that one has become a family favorite though.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke A View Post
    I actually don't live in the South. We live in Kansas but by July and August the temps are high 90s or low 100s with high humidity. The humidity is what gets me! Thank you all for thr warm welcome!!
    I'm in the Tulsa area, so I get this!

Back with more comments later...after I mowed and then showered we ended up finishing our whole book, so now we're in a bit of a time crunch...

I'm back from the Dr and the kids are eating lunch.
    I am having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and now have "allergic to sulfa-meds" on my chart.

She gave me a prescription for prednisone, but said it was fine to wait a day or two before I decide to take it.
    I don't like being on steriods, so I am not sure what I will do, but I look scary. I don't feel like I can go anywhere like this. I mean I wouldn't stand next to me in line somewhere!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela-- I hope the hives go away quickly. Maybe you could soak in an epsom salt bath? I have no idea if it would help, but it'll be relaxing. I'd want to avoid the steroids too if possible.

Brooke-- Welcome! So glad you have joined in.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • swim lesson and free swim at the Rec Center... last day! But I have a feeling we'll miss it.
    • home for lunch
    • run to pick up ds19 from the a McD's where dh dropped him off after his volunteer work... dh had to go back for a funeral
    • renewed and gathered library materials
    • concert clothes are de-wrinkling; will hang those in a few minutes.... dress rehearsal is tonight

We'll leave for our 2 library runs in just a bit. Ds11 and ds19 are watching Paw Patrol. So funny! I'm not sure what prompted that. They can be nutty sometimes. They do like to watch Loud House together, which I have to say, is a very funny show if you haven't seen it.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Angela -- wonder if you could just take a Benadryl and wipe down with Calamine lotion????
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

AR- I hope you find a quick remedy for your hives. I'm guessing the quick move is the steroid, but would benadryl help a systemic reaction? I feel like she would have mentioned it if so.

Since earlier:
    • got some boys set with school
    • took E to work- so he could get his paycheck
    • went to credit union- for E to deposit his check and for me to to deposit Civil War Ball funds. I also had them draft me a check so I could pay the venue. Our treasurer has two graduations and two weddings this month so I don't want to bother her.
    • barber shop- next to R's sewing shop for E to get a hair cut. Finally a good one for him!
    • prepped two things for the mailbox
    • started laundry earlier- just moved it
    • blog work- got a new client which is super exciting and I'm working on lots of things at the moment
    • finished school with the boys- their work was ongoing and they did well. We did not do art which I knew would happen when I left this morning.
    • checked for my dad online several times- missed him.
    • loaded and started the dishwasher
    • cleaned out the filter for the dishwasher- before starting it
    • folded four or more loads of laundry
    • started more laundry
    • got a roast chicken in the oven- we'll have it with oven potatoes and a veggie

It occurs to me that I need to get serious about doing Rebecca's announcements and party invitations. Hmmm...
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Thanks Ladies,
    Yes, she said I could take Benadryl too. She said that if it makes me too drowsy to just take it at night.
    I took a nap this afternoon and didn't worry about school.
    Dan is on the way home and I took some Benadryl after my nap. I'll take some more around 8pm.
    The hives are looking a tiny bit better, at least it is not worse!

for the evening:
    eat pizza with the family
    send them off to Logan's baseball game
    take a bath with epsom salts
    do some school reading or planning
    go to bed early!

Brooke - Welcome to the decluttering thread!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela, I broke out in hives one time from an allergic reaction to food (STILL don't know which one or why -- it happened in college 1x in my life!). I took Benadryl and doused myself in Calamine lotion, and it helped tremendously! That was MISERABLE!!!

We're about to head out to the graduation party!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)