Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bathrooms- hoe them out, organize the linen closets, wash the towels, clean them- even the mirrors!

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school- speaking of which, when does everyone take a break?

For me today:
    • make breakfast
    • swing by the store and drop dh at work- he's working with students to clean up a lab area today
    • potato workshop- Rebecca and I are just helping out at a plant workshop today (not teaching it! ), but we are doing potatoes in a container (a 5 gallon bucket- my tomatoes do really well in those so maybe we'll get some spuds!)
    • contact friends- who moved away to see if I can take them up on their offer to stay with them. They live over the state line in VA, but they live about 40 minutes from my parents.
    • laundry
    • bathrooms
    • first floor tidy
    • work on Rebecca's pictures- digitize her pictures from when she was young for the slideshow and yearbook
    • send pictures of my senior to yearbook folks- she wants nothing to do with this so I'm just going to do it
    • assign Dan to get pictures of her at her sewing machines- he's good with the camera and that's a hard spot to get a picture in and make it look amazing
    • work on her graduation announcements
    • begin the party invitations- which will be separate from the announcements this year (at least not on the card as Ethan's was- I don't think)
    • play games- it's a rainy day
    • blog work- bunch of stuff on my list today

Well, it looks like I'm going to travel to see my parents on Monday. I'm making arrangements before talking with them about it. There's a chance they will tell me not to go, but we'll see what happens. I plan to take our van. The bus will get everyone where they need to go while I'm gone- if they need it. Dan has his bike as well and there's always Carl, the carshare car. If they need to get around town, they can get to campus and use a carshare car. Dh turned in his parking pass to campus and because of that, they pay for his annual fee to the carshare program. It's $8/hour to use the car when he needs it. That's what we have it for, so it's a good time to rely on it IF he needs it. I only plan to be there for a one day visit more or less, but I'll be gone two to three days.

Much to do between now and then, so I'll just take it one step at a time.

Anyone have plans for Mother's Day this weekend? I haven't said a word about it to dh. I'm curious as to whether he will remember or not- my guess is nope. It's an experiment. I was given a sweet gift card for my time on the panel this week, so I plan to use it for something fun!

The weather is a big stink today! We'll be inside for potato buckets, for sure.

Have a fun Saturday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- I am so sorry Good that E notices you do cook from scratch and appreciates it.

Joelle -- Way to Go completing list

Brooke -- WELCOME This is a wonderful group of ladies

Leslie -- frying chicken..my family complains I never get chicken. I don't I worked convenience stores for 9.5 years. I cooked enough chicken during that time

Angela -- hope you are feeling better today. Oh and ds1 used calamine a little along with what I posted yesterday. He doesn't lotion so he used it sparingly

Cindy -- too cute..paw patrol. Swimming, yeah that might be missed. Do you have access to a pool in summer?

Jen -- YAY on mowing & finishing book!

Shay -- YAY for walking! Boo for stroller wheel breaking

Yesterday we were up and gone.
    Ds1 & dh to work. Ds2 & me to outdoor classroom. Last one of the year.

It was picnic/park day. Kids had a GREAT time playing and fishing. Mom's had a very nice relaxing day talking.
    The weather was awesome too!! We stayed later than we normally do...1.5 hours later but we were just enjoying.I

After getting back home, ds2 & I left 2 times. Once to vacuum and wash the car and then to get mothers day cards at dollar tree.

Home the house was hot. Sticky hot I kept thinking it might cool down but it was just icky. So the boys shut the windows and we turned on the ac. It was 90*.

An hour or so later the temps & humidity dropped. Thought about turning a.c. back off but didn't. Suppose to be HOT today.

Right now been enjoying my porch but I can already feel it heating up.

Today we are heading about 2 hours from here. My step granddad passed away Thursday and funeral is today.

I guess I better get moving. Lots to do before we leave shortly.

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Heather - Praying for your trip Monday and for all the details.

Michelle - Sorry to hear your stepdad passed away. Praying for your family.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all!

Heather, you have a lot going on. I hope you get to make your trip, and to spend precious time with your family.

We have a lot going on today, but it's gonna be a good day. It's warm and muggy and overcast - we were expecting to wake up to snow this morning but it looks like rain could happen instead.

My rec soccer players' season ends today. To that end, I am getting ready to bake a cake before getting in the shower. Princess' team wanted to have a get-together with pizza tonight, so it's for that. I have an appointment at 9:00. A friend is popping by midmorning to return something I loaned, then we have Princess and Boyo playing at the same time. Belle will go with me to watch Boyo, and then she is off to a graduation party. I will go with the rest of the fam to Princess' last game (she has 2 today) and the party after.

I am looking forward to Mother's Day. Our plans are just breakfast in bed for me (I have already placed my order), church, a little down time, and then bringing my MIL and perhaps my mom over for burgers.

Still feeling shockingly good, and excited to be able to accomplish things. I hope it lasts.

Have a wonderful day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good morning everybody! My hubby laughed when I hopped on the computer and said I needed to chat with the forums! We don't have much planned for Mother's Day, however, our town has a small flower sale to raise money for the Lions Club each year so we are going to go a few things for the grandmothers and myself. Due to work schedule the hubby won't be here tomorrow anyways so just doing church and grocery pick-up

It is crazy hearing everybody talk about graduation....so many years til we are there. However, it goes fast I hear I am glad that I found FIAR so early. I was very pushy when I first decided to homeschool when my oldest was 2....poor thing...worksheets at 2 (not upon request). She was 6 when we decided to try FIAR for real (I had dappled a couple times before then). Many years before graduation of enjoying FIAR style learning!

We school 6 weeks on one week off from July 1 to Teacher Appreciation Day .

AR-Hope you are feeling better!

Good morning!

For today:
    * help dd with remaining word problems in math. She gets stuck on the hard ones - me too sometimes!
    * Psalm 3
    * go to gym?
    * call good friend for a chat
    * work on a room - unsure which right now...
    * help dh with an outside project?

Mother's day - unsure of plans. After church we sometimes go out to eat, sometimes do something outdoors. I like low key and family being together. I think it will be a spur of the moment decision.

End of school - Dd has a handful of things to finish for Helen Keller. Might be just a few more days. She needs to motivate herself. Ds has math and phonics. I'm having him do one of each per day. More than that causes headaches for me. Not worth it. I think he has 2 more weeks left that way. Almost there!

Heather - yes, I plan to read more Newbery books this summer. Right now I am finishing other books. This one is about what life might be like if a massive solar flare shuts down the energy grid world wide. It is scary to think of! (yet I can't stop reading it! )
    Hope your travel plans to your parents go smoothly and you have a good visit with them.

Michelle - sorry for your loss.

Robin - glad you are feeling great! Hope that continures.

Brooke - The 6 week on, 1 week off schedule sounds great! Although we do love our long summers here!

Have a good day! Blessings to all!

Hello Ladies,

I am ok. I am still covered in hives. Covered. There is a yoke around my shoulders, upper back, and chest that is complete red where the hives have merged. They seem to be better on my neck and less on my face, so that is good?

This is ridiculous, but I have to take my daughter to a softball game today in 94F heat! If she doesn't play, the team will have to forfeit because they will not have enough players. If I can't find a spot in the shade, I will be sitting in the car during the game. Logan has a game at the same time and Dan is taking him, it is at a different field.

so far:
    Bible reading
    chatted with Dan
    breakfast
    cold shower
    did some reading

up next:
    planning
    lunch
    before game

Mother's Day - We don't have any fancy plans. If I feel okay, I will go to church with the family.
    We will be calling all other mothers and grandmothers tomorrow.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Everyone is up and going early today! Tomorrow we have church and then we're going to dh's parents' house to celebrate his dad's birthday and I get to bring a dish! Not really how I would choose to spend the day, but whatever. Dh is usually good about getting me something and the kids are always appreciative, and that is nice. All I really want is not to cook!

Heather, praying for you all and for all of the details of your trip to fall into place.

Michelle, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Angela, I hope you are over those hives soon. I'm sorry you have to go to the game!

Robin, you guys have a busy day! Enjoy!

Brooke, it does go fast! When I started posting here my ds was 3 and my dd wasn't even born yet. They will be 14 and 9 next month!

Joelle, I always think of you when I see a Newbery list!

Ds really did not want to go to swim team this morning and I was not motivated enough to push it. After next week he will switch to Tuesday/Thursday afternoons, so no more early Saturdays! So far I've showered and gotten myself ready for the day, made breakfast for everyone, and picked up groceries. The rest of the day:
    *laundry
    *work on ds's skill a thon pics so he will have flashcards--I'll laminate them in case dd does the same one another year!
    *check recipes for the next few days--I know I forgot at least one thing on my order
    *help dd with fairy wands--this will depend on the weather--right now it's too windy for spray paint
    *Hobby Lobby
    *store--raspberries for tomorrow's dish
    *go to my mom and dad's for dinner

I also should work on dd's closet...I made a big pile of winter clothes in her floor a few days ago and have done nothing since! And just random picking up...feeling a little overwhelmed at all there is to choose from!

Have a great day today, friends!

Just popping on to update. Already:

-made cake
    -went to appointment
    -filled car and washed it (I just sat in the car while DH did these)
    -cleaned off the dining room table (at LAST!!!)
    -visited with friend
    -eliminated a box of excess reptile supplies
    -traded out the old computer keyboard and mouse for the new one
    -ate lunch

DH took Princess to his first game, and I am about to take Boyo to his.

I had my contacts in all morning - they are new ones picked up on Thursday. Pretty sure they're not mine - wearing them offers zero correction. My eye doc asked me to try them again for a few hours this morning, before I go in for a refit. I wore them for hours, even to the bank. Couldn't see a bloody thing, and had double vision with what I could see. So, back to the drawing board on the contacts. It's ok; we'll get it ironed out eventually.

Dinner is supposed to be at the soccer party, but it's pizza, so I am going to have to figure out what else to eat. I'm trying to decide if I can be exotic about it.

Looking forward to seeing my boy play today. He has grown so much physically this season and it's been fun to watch him figure out the body mechanics of being bigger and taller on the soccer field. Sometimes he's got a handle on it, and sometimes not.

Y'all have fun out there!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good afternoon!
    A few minutes after I posted here, my mom called. I thought the worst and she was upset. But, my dad's oxygen machine failed last night and did not alarm and it was a big ordeal for her getting him back on oxygen and hopefully he will recover. The hospice nurse did come and so that was helpful. My mom had not met the night nurse and she was happy with her, so that is good. I talked with my mom and listened and my nephews are to be there today. I had to run out after that to drop Dan and go to the workshop.

After we all returned home, I talked more about the trip with Dan. I think he plans to come with me. Still working out some details, but we'll head out mid morning or so. This will be a very hard trip.

Trying to keep chill since there is nothing I can do from here but pray.

Here's what I've done:
    • stopped at the store- for dh to get goodies for his lab cleaning crew
    • dropped dh on campus
    • headed to 4-H acres for the potato workshop
    • hung out and helped sweep up the giant mess afterward
    • Rebecca planted two potato plants- Adirondack red and a blue variety. I hope they grow well! They are blue and red inside! These are two varieties from Cornell. So now we'll have 12 tomato buckets and 2 potato buckets.
    • came home and then back out to get dh
    • debriefed this morning's news with dh- talked about the trip
    • bantered in the kitchen with folks- Dan did dishes and started the dishwasher (because he is a dude)
    • learned that Dan wants to go to the mall- this is HIGHLY unusual behavior. I said this. He responded by saying, "ok". Something is up! E and R went with him. This will be interesting.
    • made a baked potato with toppings for myself- for lunch

So, I may just start working on R's pictures. They're going to be so cute! I have to pull apart my Creative Memories albums and scan the photos in and then crop away the scrapbooking page designs and writing. The yearbook lady was there this morning so I told her I was getting the pictures done today. Kudos to her for not saying anything to me though!

Thanks for your prayers!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).