Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Update:
    • folded a load of towels
    • started boy laundry
    • cleaned the hall bathroom- good grief.
    • vacuumed the foyer
    • vacuumed the school room & media room- at least the parts without books and games piled
    • watched some watercolor class- Craftsy unlimited is free this weekend so I'm watching a watercolor mixing class I don't have. Before the year is out, I expect to get a membership over there.

Brooke- I started FIAR with my oldest in 2005 when he was not quite 7 and my youngest had just been born. He was in public school for all of K and half of first. Now he's 19 and off to Purdue in the fall (after a two year delay due to severe Lyme disease). My daughter graduates next month and she's headed to Cornell in the fall. We are launching two kids at once and it's not for the faint of heart!

Ok...NOW I'd better get to those pictures. I took pictures of the pictures, but I didn't scan them. So, this will be a time consuming task.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather, I'm glad Dan is going to go with you! Praying for all the details to work out!

I've been busy, but not with the stuff I put on my list...
    *finished laundry--regular load and load of towels
    *printed pics for animal breeds
    *ironed a bunch
    *worked a bit in the pantry
    *worked on dd's closet
    *dh picked up the raspberries for me when he was out

I guess I'll skip Hobby Lobby...it wasn't urgent, but I was trying to be ahead of the game. I'm going to look at PTE and recipes now. We'll leave in about an hour and a half for my mom and dad's.

Hey all

Heather -- I am SO sorry about your Dad but I am very thankful that you're going to be able to make a quick trip and that Dan can go with you. I'll be praying for you Many hugs!

Angela -- UGH on the horrible case of the hives! Did the dr say why she thought it took until day 10 to react and then to have them so badly? I hope they're getting better! It sounds miserable!

Michelle -- funny about the chicken! Dh loves fried chicken. Loves it. I never, EVER fry chicken. I don't like chicken on the "bone" (spoiled, I know), and I don't like to fry anything except a few veggies in the summer :yum; Every now and then I'll buy from Publix or WM or KFC. I try to fix things he likes, but no frying chicken

Robin -- SNOW possible?!?! It's in the 90s here all week!!! We jumped into summer! Your mother's day plans sound nice!

Jen -- I know you are SO thankful that the Sat. morning swims are almost finished!

Brooke -- You'll learn that the friends you make here are lovely ladies, and the support is fabulous! Glad you've jumped in to join us
    Oh -- I've been around since 2006 when my oldest was in K. I was fortunate to find FIAR first thing and plunged in. I joined the boards but didn't post much initially, but it didn't take long....

Joelle -- I love your plan for finishing school with your ds. The end is HARD to be motivated through!

Here:
    * heather -- you asked about me -- I finally was feeling better after lunch yesterday (it had to be a virus of some kind). Well, we went on to the grad party (I contemplated not going, but I felt so much better). They served pizza and fruit. I was up for over an hour in the middle of the night with my stomach rebelling from the pizza Misery! And today I've just felt fatigued again.
    * Despite that, I did take the girls to the mall. I'd been promising Mattie all week, but we just made two stops, so it wasn't bad at all. Bought 4 items for a total of $40 and saved $160 -- I love shopping like that (JcPenny coupons matched with sales).
    * came home and napped a bit
    * pulled out meat to grill for supper -- dh will grill and can figure out what HE and the boys want for supper (I'll probably throw potatoes in the oven to bake). I'm making potato soup and egg custard pies -- what MY stomach feels like (and Katie seems to have a touch of the bug, too).

That's about it. Other than running to town, it's a lazy day -- a MUCH needed lazy day!

Hope ya'll are enjoying your Saturday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I had a marathon of a day yesterday. We have our team and interns very busy. Tomorrow the team will be catering a sit down lunch for 90 people at church. We are even doing a table runner and centerpiece and the each table will have dishes for a family style luncheon. We spent most of today cooking, and doing yard and patio work to get everything ready for tomorrow. Hereís a list of what I did today:

-helped set up breakfast
    -came up with a menu plan
    -made a grocery list
    -sent a thank you/ goodbye e-mail to a church family that is moving back to Poland
    -called to see if a church member could pick up a goodbye gift for our current intern, but she said that the store was closed
    -attended morning prayer
    -went over the days plan with the team and interns
    -showed interns how to weed the garden
    -went to the 100 yen store for decorative items for motherís day lunch
    -grocery shopped
    -went to the florist for centerpiece flowers
    -helped make taco salad for lunch (for 13 people)
    -attended noon prayer
    -asked interns to hard boil 44 eggs
    -helped team members make 6 batches of brownies
    -helped team members make fruit salad for 90
    -folded 2 loads of laundry
    -cleaned out 2 refrigerators
    -helped team members make 120 sandwiches
    -helped team members set up tables and chairs in the sanctuary for 90 people and had them mark with tape on the floor where the tables go
    -told team members how to set up chairs in the sanctuary for church tomorrow
    -went to the florist and bought flowers for the patio
    -taught an intern how to plant flowers as we planted 15 new flowers on the patio
    -instructed the team on how to plate scones, croissants, and muffins for 90
    -helped team members plate 100 cookies and 60 brownies
    -figured out how to store all the food in the kitchen
    -helped the interns heat up and set out leftovers for dinner
    -explained to the team on the plan for tomorrow
    -arranged 50 carnation plants in the front of the sanctuary with 2 interns
    -had the team members move 4 boxes and 2 bags of diapers and wipes
    -found 18 serving bowls for salads tomorrow. I just need to find 12 more.
    -sent dh to get trash bags and lemon drink for church
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Lindsey- that list looks exhausting!

Paige- I hope you are on the mend again. So sorry to hear about the pizza causing problems!

AR- Your description of hives and 90 degrees sounds positively miserable! It reminds me that 30 years ago this month, leading up to my high school graduation, I had the chicken pox. I rip roaring case all concentrated on my head and neck and down my throat. It was soooo hot that summer and I was taking cold oatmeal baths. I missed all the fun things seniors do- trips, dinners, the works and missed the rehearsal as well. But, I made it for graduation. This is our 30th year since graduating in 1988!

Robin
    - That sounds like a nice Mother's day. I suppose it's good you have rain instead of snow. It's 50* and yucky today, but it'll get warm again pretty fast I'm sure.

Jen- I'm sorry you have to make food tomorrow. Tomorrow is our snack day and I learned that the kids want to make that for me tomorrow/tonight. We'll see how this goes. Definitely cute that they thought of it and wanted to do it.

Joelle- Enjoy your reading list! I was getting better at reading, but it's gotten a little busy again recently. I like it when I make it a priority. Last night I was reading ahead in Anne of Avonlea. We are only two chapters from the end. I feel like that needs to happen! Soon!

Brooke- I had to laugh that your husband laughed. Our husbands know we are a little community over here. Through the years, many of us have met IRL.

Update:
    • finished going through albums and scanning pictures of Rebecca- fun stroll on memory lane and so many I found of her sewing projects through the years. Plus, many of her and her friend she is hosting the party with. That'll be fun.
    • made dinner- baked fish, fries, and steamed broccoli
    • emailed our friends in VA- have not heard back, but I guess we can wait until tomorrow to make reservations at a hotel

It took me most of the afternoon to do the pictures with undoing the strap hinge on my Creative Memories albums to do the scanning. Now I'd better get some pictures loaded onto the site or emailed if I can't get the site to work (which has happened most of the time).

R's friend is on the yearbook committee and I'm sure she'd make R's page for her if I get the pictures there. So, here I go!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Ok time to celebrate! The yearbook site cooperated with me and all of her photos are uploaded! Now I wait until they are placed in her folder and I do make her page. In the meantime, I wonder who can make a slide show for me...I think his name is Joshua...

- - - Updated - - -

or Ethan...

...Ethan seemed more willing.

Aww, I love hearing when you all started! It will be so weird when I have a graduate!!! Congrats to all the mommas who have them-it is a celebration for you just as much as the kiddos!

Heather: haha well when I quit fb I told him how much I was going to miss fiar group. He saw how very quickly I filled that void

Good evening! About time for bed....

I deep cleaned the hallway and stairs today. Easier because there isn't much to declutter, but harder because of vacuuming stairs, more baseboards, and more door frames. Two more checked off my list! I did most of the other items - didn't help dh with yard work, but he did a bunch on his own.

Nice to know that people associate me with reading Newbery books over the summer

Robin - yikes about the contacts not working! Hope the dr. figures it out!

Heather - those potatoes sound fun! Definitely not Idaho potatoes
    Praying for your dad. Glad Dan can go with you on your visit.
    Great job scanning all the photos!

Jen - what dish are you making with raspberries? Sounds yum!

Lindsey - what a list! Great job getting so much done!

Time for bed now!

I survived the ball game yesterday! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I found a nice spot in the shade of a tree and there was also a good breeze.

After the game, we met Dan, Logan, and Ashlyn at Bruster's for ice cream!

Then, it was home to rest. I took more Benadryl and laid down. That stuff makes me feel jittery.
    Dan grilled sausages for dinner. Then everyone took cool showers, I watched a show with Dan, then went to bed.

We still don't have a the a/c on. We usually try to wait a few more weeks before we turn it on, but it is so hot!!!

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.