Thread: TeenPact

Default TeenPact

I'm curious if any of your children have done TeenPact, and if so, might they be going to National Convention in Tennessee the week after next? Our family is going.
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Shelly, we’ve never participated, but it’s huge here, and we know Some of the people from the Tuscaloosa area going. Maybe Shay is going???? They’re big into Teenpact. Wouldnt it be fun to meet up with some fiat friends?!?!?
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige P View Post
    Shelly, we’ve never participated, but it’s huge here, and we know Some of the people from the Tuscaloosa area going. Maybe Shay is going???? They’re big into Teenpact. Wouldnt it be fun to meet up with some fiat friends?!?!?
    Yes, that would be fun! It's rare for us to go very far from home (nature of the job) and I just realized recently that it's possible some FIAR families might be involved in TeenPact. Many people just send their teens, but in a rare moment of inspiration (or parental helicoptering? I'm not sure!) my husband decided that he and I could go as chaperones. We are riding in a chartered bus, and there are 6 teens going from our homeschool group, plus another couple who are good friends.

I have not been "south" in about 30 years (!) so I'm looking forward to the change of scenery!

Shelly, we are very involved in TeenPact! My dh just became our state coordinator after this past class and the coordinator that just stepped down suggested he go. So my dh and my two teens are going. He is driving a van full of teens from Maine. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for the whole family to go.

My Nicholas went last year and it's huge! He's excited to go again and it will be Rebekah's first alumni event, so she's excited too.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Hmm, you should check with Tricia O & see if she'll be there. I'm pretty sure I've seen her mention TeenPact multiple times. Not sure if she still checks in here now or not though..
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Yes! We love TeenPact here. I have two going to NatCon this year, Rebecca and Sam. This will be the first year for any of my kids to go. My girls have all done Endeavor before, but nothing quite this big. They are excited to go.

Edited to add, just my kids are going. I was going to try to coordinate a drive out there with my other kids but schedules just didn't mesh. My kids are flying out with a group from here. The irony, while they are flying home Sunday, they have to connect through Charlotte, NC. I'll be in Charlotte that weekend, fly in Sat, fly out Mon to help move my oldest into her housing for the summer. I'll be missing them by a day on both sides!
    Linda wife to Mark, Mommy to Emily, 20 Anna 18, Rebecca 16, Samuel 14, Jacob 12, and Katie 9,
    Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
    Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ShayChristie View Post
    Shelly, we are very involved in TeenPact! My dh just became our state coordinator after this past class and the coordinator that just stepped down suggested he go. So my dh and my two teens are going. He is driving a van full of teens from Maine. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for the whole family to go.

My Nicholas went last year and it's huge! He's excited to go again and it will be Rebekah's first alumni event, so she's excited too.
    This is exciting to hear, Shay! I'm sorry I won't be seeing you! wow, driving a van load from Maine! This whole event is kind of overwhelming for me, but I'm looking forward to it all the same. My daughter really enjoyed her state class this past March, her first one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra AU View Post
    Hmm, you should check with Tricia O & see if she'll be there. I'm pretty sure I've seen her mention TeenPact multiple times. Not sure if she still checks in here now or not though..

Thanks, Kendra!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Yes! We love TeenPact here. I have two going to NatCon this year, Rebecca and Sam. This will be the first year for any of my kids to go. My girls have all done Endeavor before, but nothing quite this big. They are excited to go.

Edited to add, just my kids are going. I was going to try to coordinate a drive out there with my other kids but schedules just didn't mesh. My kids are flying out with a group from here. The irony, while they are flying home Sunday, they have to connect through Charlotte, NC. I'll be in Charlotte that weekend, fly in Sat, fly out Mon to help move my oldest into her housing for the summer. I'll be missing them by a day on both sides!
    That's nice to hear that yet another FIAR mom is a TeenPact family! This is my daughter's first alumni event. That's crazy that you will be just missing each other on your trips coming and going!