Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wedding Attire question AND Rebe needs a mother of the groom dress

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    Rebe ~ You can buy all colors of pantyhose. You could get a tan, or beige, or a color that goes with the color of your dress. If the MOB, is wearing knee-length, I would not wear floor-length. I know.....it's kind of stressful trying to choose a dress for the first wedding. I actually found two dresses that I liked, so I bought both of them, because I have 3 sons and knew the other one would be getting married soon, and I wouldn't have to go through the search for a dress again the following year.

My girls told told me I should buy one great dress for all their weddings and I said NO, I think I deserve a new one every time!
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Abby (16). Grammy to 6 granddaughters and 2 grandsons and 2 new babies due in the spring of ‘19! Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

Rebe, look at this dress. It came up on an ad on fb today ... would this be dressy enough? I bet it would be more flattering than you think! https://m.jcpenney.com/p/ronni-nicol...ng+%3E+Dresses

Or maybe the dresses like that look
    Good on me because the two I have havevtge lace overlay that hides all the rolls
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Rebe...this is what I wore as mother of the groom to Caleb's wedding. They were married in May. The bride's mom did actually wear a pretty black dress and it looked very classy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steph~Blessed wife to David and mama to five fabulous boys:
    Caleb married to Bree, Isaac-19-Greenville University, Elijah-16, Silas-11 and Jotham-9

Steph /- very nice
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Very pretty!
    Wife to David, mom to 9, homeschooling Abby (16). Grammy to 6 granddaughters and 2 grandsons and 2 new babies due in the spring of ‘19! Homeschooling since 1986, Rowing since 2000.

Nice, Steph! I like the one you posted, Paige - I would have to see. I normally wouldn't even try on a sheath dress, but I promise I'll at least give it a try.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 22 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Nice, Steph! I like the one you posted, Paige - I would have to see. I normally wouldn't even try on a sheath dress, but I promise I'll at least give it a try.
    If that doesn’t look good, try the ones (like the cream one I posted earlier) that have the dress and the the lace “overlay” dress on top — those look good!