Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- living rooms, great rooms, family rooms, play rooms, and it could be other common areas like kitchens, school rooms, bathrooms, whatever. Pick a project in those areas where everyone hangs out.

School Challenge: Monday book challenge! New reading assignments, read alouds, rearrange books, strew new books for the week, organize books, and prep library business.

Inspiring Thought: bb with this hopefully!

For me today:
    • PTE- Plan to Eat for anyone new!
    • work drop
    • grocery store
    • work pick up
    • pack up- bathroom bag and my car bag (computer, books, anything to keep me sane in the off hours on this trip, etc)
    • get everyone set- make sure lyme kid #2 has his med protocol ready for the next three days
    • get on the road to see my dad- visit when we arrive (we'll take them dinner)
    • head over to our overnight destination- not quite an hour from my parent's house
    • check in with my web developer- they are working on my site today/tonight

It's going to be warm here today, but it's going to be down right hot in WV. It's going to be a shock to my system. I'm not even sure how to pack! I had to dig out my shorts in case. Otherwise, I have capris.

Dh has a tour to give this morning on campus, but that gives me time to get to the grocery store.

Have a fabulous start to the new week!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Heather -- home mini!! location. AWESOME getting screen shots and glad your dad was smiling.

Jen -- that fruit salad looks

Angela -- glad gives are getting better. Sorry allergies are not. Nice gifts!! I am jealous of house cleaning

Shay -- thwarted plans but cool gifts and getting stuff done...and homemade pizza and relaxing..oh yeah!!

Robin -- breakfast in bed! Nice!! YAY for presents for your projects. Burgers are always good!

Paige -- YAY for pool time and family movie time!

Lindsey -- you worked hard on Mothers day! You definitely made it special for others! Nice on the tangerine tree

Mothers day - slept late, loaded the fishing stuff, cooler & snack bag in truck. Took card & present to mama. Visited about an hour then headed to the lake.

Guys fished while I relaxed. Didnt take my book or camera but still was entertained.

Got done fishing and stopped by DQ. This little bitty town has the absolute best DQ I have ever been to. We each got a blizzard and started home.
    Stopped at a nearby pond and let the guys fish a little longer then home.
    Did some laundry & dishes. Supper was leftovers.

My mom gave me a pretty card for mothers day.

- - - Updated - - -

Saturday we got up and out the door for the long ride to the funeral.

Funeral was nice. There were tears but also laughs. He had lived a long good life. His nephew did the service at the funeral home. He not only told of Pappaws accomplishments but also did some reminiscing and told stories. It was nice.
    Pappaw always had a bucket of super bubble bubble gum to chew and share. He had left instructions for all the kids (big & small) to take a piece of gum when they left.

Graveside was hot but the service was nice. Military and Mason service.

After lots of family met at my aunt's house. To eat and visit (and put on cooler clothes ). It was nice to catch up with everyone.

All 3 of my brothers were there. The oldest of the 3 drove in that day like us..7+ hours and was going to drive back that night. But he said he couldn't get this close to mama and not go see her (just 2 hours away). So he left aunts and went to mama's. Showed up with a flowers and mothers day card.
    Mama was SOOOOOO surprised!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Heather -- Safe travels and enjoy visit with parents

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • breakfast -- I cooked
    • saw boys off
    • washed dishes
    • cleaned microwave
    • straightened shelving unit in kitchen
    • made hummingbird food
    • cleaned and refilled feeders
    • laundry load 2 in washer
    • enjoyed my porch

Paige -- dss will be closer to you today than me. They are doing ac work.

Today I will either run errands and do minor stuff around here or will try to work on a big project.
    Haven't made up my mind yet

Have a GREAT Monday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

I'm still in the middle of our team marathon. Today I:
    -drove dd to school
    -responded to 3 e-mails
    -posted a Mother's Day photo
    -called and left a message for my mom for Mother's day
    -attended group devotions
    -got the team started on some cleaning
    -phonics with Hudson
    -helped make lunch
    -math with Hudson
    -unit study with Hudson
    -replanted left over mother's day plants with team members
    -picked up dd from school
    -helped make dinner for the team
    -attended evening prayer
    -went over train etiquette with the team
    -practiced a little piano
    -played Encore with the team. A couple of them are music majors in school and loved it.

I'm off to bed early tonight because I am playing tour guide for our visit to Tokyo tomorrow.

Michelle, that sounds like a great mother's day surprise.
    Heather, praying for your trip!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Good morning!

I hope you all had a nice day yesterday! We went to church, went to dh's parents', then came home and did our regular stuff. It was nice!!

Heather, I hope you all have a safe trip!

Michelle, that sounds like a great service. I'm glad you got to see your brothers!

Today's plans:
    *laundry
    *hall bathroom
    *guest bathroom
    *clean out fridges
    *PTE/grocery order
    *our closet--at least a few minutes
    *school!
    *4H

I'm sure there will probably be more, but I can't really decide what yet, so I'll pick something when I get these things done!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning!
    We have beautiful sunshine this morning, and the birds are singing. Accuweather is telling me we have fog. We are suppose to get heavy rain and a thunderstorm later today though. It is looking quite menacing on the radar. Yikes.

HeatherW-- Have a good trip to see your parents. Enjoy this time with your dad.

We had a great weekend. Saturday morning we went for our traditional Mother's Day breakfast buffet. Then, Jesse had his choral concert Saturday afternoon, which was wonderful. Such an amazing group of young people. Video was strictly prohibited due to copyright. They said no video, so we took that literally. We took a voice recorder, so we have audio. They had a movie music theme for their solos and ensemble groups. They finished with Duel of Fates from Star Wars! 150 kids age 7 to 18, about 10 adults helping them out (mainly men, since the children's choir is a treble choir only). It was fabulous! Very fun afternoon. Then yesterday, Jesse was baptized at church and there was a fellowship hour afterwards. He got to pick lunch, and wanted Olive Garden, but didn't want to wait in the longer lines since it was Mother's Day. He opted for his second choice, Fazoli's. Still Italian, but much faster. A nice Mother's Day. I even got a little nap in.

Reality sets back in today however. I didn't get what I always ask for, others to clean the house while sit on the couch reading and watching them do all the work. Absolutely nothing of that sort happened at all during the weekend. Sigh. So today will involve lots of cleaning up. I've been working on the smelly kitchen sink drain all morning. My own fault, I guess, for leaving a stack of dishes in there all week long. I was having a good run of keeping it clean until now.

So, for TODAY:
    • keep working on the kitchen drain
    • load and run the dishwasher after lunch
    • morning and afternoon school with ds11
    • table piles
    • tidy up the living room
    • what's for supper?
    • choir sign-up for next year, plus baseball game/national anthem rehearsal for ds11
    • what's for supper?

Common Areas: Good choice. I need to focus on the main rooms this week, and get them back under control since I'm on break from tutoring.
    Book Challenge: Always.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good Morning Ladies,

Hives Update: Still covered, but much less red and angry.

CH1: Sounds good.

CH2: Yes, need to see when next books are due.

so far:
    everyone slept in a bit
    Bible
    breakfast
    finishing up morning chores

up next:
    school
    start laundry

later today:
    clean up in bathroom
    fold and put away laundry
    dinner in the IP? I haven't made a plan
    community group

Dan went into work early, but will be coming home before noon and then going to a fundraising golf tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

HW - Praying for your trip!

Michelle - I'm glad the service went well and that you got to visit with family.

Cindy - It sounds like a nice Mother's Day weekend even if you didn't get help with the house. I hope your re-entry today goes smoothly! Congrats to Jesse on both the concert and the baptism!

Lindsey - Praying you get some good rest for your big day in Tokyo tomorrow!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all

Heather -- praying for safe travels and a good visit! Will ya'll go back to visit tomorrow, also?

Michelle -- I must have missed who died?
    Hope your boys have a good day closer to ME today And hope they have lots to drink -- it's gonna be HOT today!!! 94, I think.

Lindsey -- a good day!

Cindy -- for the baptism Sweet! and glad ya'll got to go out for a nice lunch!

Angela -- so glad the "angry" of the welts is going down. I hope they're not as itchy, too!

Here:
    * everyone is up and working on math (minus Ben). Math is all that is left right now. I think they'll be finished next week. I got them moving quickly today because
    * we have friends coming over at 10 to swim They'll leave at 12 (meeting their dad for lunch)
    * roofer is supposed to come (FINALLY) to check out the leak
    * exterminator comes at 10 (or 930?) for quarterly spray
    * I need to call exterminating company to set up termite inspection
    * register K for the June ACT (late It slipped by me....)
    * figure out WHAT I'm going to wear for the wedding on Saturday ..... HMMMMMMMMMM..... I have all these new clothes, but nothing is dressy. Just not sure. I have plenty of "church" clothes, just not many "dressy" clothes.
    * Cale has Forestry at 3, so I'll have to take him to that.
    * and the mental gymnastics about school for next year have begun .... You finish up one year and your mind immediately goes to the next year .......

Hope ya'll have a Fabulous Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thank you for the prayers! Yes, Paige, we'll visit for the day tomorrow as well, but my intention is to leave them on Tuesday night and come home Wednesday without stopping there.

So far:
    • did PTE
    • packed my clothes
    • work drop and store- construction means it took forever to get there
    • unloaded groceries and kids put them away
    • wrote down directions for food
    • went to get dh
    • finished packing clothes and toiletries
    • grabbed my little pack for some painting supplies

E had his work time wrong, so dh just ran him down to the store. I'm finishing up and we'll get snacks together and go.

I'll see you on the long road through PA!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 17 dd, 15 ds, 12 ds).

Hi, all!

Just popping in quick. Nick and I are driving down to VA. Currently in PA on 81. Should get to Ben for a late dinner.

Have a great day!

Heather, if you take 81 and see a blue SUV with a ME plate, honk! : on a more serious note, I hope you have a great visit with your dad!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)