Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Shay, we're taking 15 down into WV. But we'll be on 81 here and there coming and going from our accommodations. On the way home, we may take 81. Not sure yet.

After a lunch stop, we just entered PA! I'd rather still be in Corning with a trip to the museum of glass.

So the a/c stopped working. For now it's working again. Please pray it lasts!

Just finished swimming with friends Kids had a great time!

Now it's lunch.
    I'm going to re-shower (and get suntan lotion off of me).
    Need to get supper in the IP (or something)????
    Got all my "business" stuff taken care of this morning before friends came
    Talked to my mom this morning --- she wanted to run some menu ideas past me

Not sure if I'm going to drop Cale off at Forestry or if I'm going to sit and wait on him need to find out how long it's supposed to last.

Heather -- praying the air conditioning keeps working
    Shay -- safe travels for ya'll, too!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Happy Monday!

So far:
    Help kids with misc. school (mostly math, some other stuff too)
    Bible study on a Psalm
    Core exercises at gym
    Empty dishwasher
    Misc. tidying
    Eating lunch right now
    Talked with an aunt on phone

Up next:
    Go to 'hair party' with dd (lilla rose?) - at the home of a girl from co-op that dd had in 2 classes (ds will play outside/on trampoline with the girl's brother)
    Piano lessons

I wanted to get started on the living room, but I don't think that will be happening. Maybe I'll declutter some, but I think I'll leave any deep cleaning for tomorrow. I also wanted to work on my class description for next year's co-op. We'll see if that happens. It will be a photo journaling class - where we'll scrapbook 15-20 photos, but the main focus is to journal about the photos using different methods. So it is art and language arts wrapped in one. I think it will be a great class, but we'll see what really happens

Mother's Day was relaxing. Church, ate at Panera (didn't feel like dealing with lines at sit down restaurants), read the paper and a book, went for a walk in between thunder storms, enjoyed my family. It was hot and sunny when we went on our walk - poured rain, windy, and cold an hour before and after our walk. Weather couldn't make up its mind!

Heather - safe travels - hope the A/C keeps going!!

Shay - safe travels to you also. It would be so funny if you and Heather saw each other while driving!

Paige - so great how you can have friends over and enjoy swimming together I often wear 'church clothes' to weddings. I also call them my 'teacher clothes' I own 1 fancy dress from my brother's wedding last March. That's it. Hope you find just the right dress!

Angela - glad to hear hives are continuing to be 'less angry'. Hope the trend continues!

Cindy - the concert sounds lovely. Congrats to Jesse on his baptism!

Jen - how did that salad turn out? Looked delicious!!

Lindsey - hope the trip to Tokyo goes well. What sort of train etiquette do you need to tell them?

Michelle - sounds like a lovely mom's day You must be pretty close to Paige if your ds is working closer to her than you today!

10 minutes until we leave. Have a great day!

• morning and afternoons school with ds11 done... he's got a bit of a sore throat, and is now taking a nap on the couch
    • took recycling out to garage bin
    • dishwasher loaded and running
    • cookie sheets and mixing bowls washed up... I made Snickerdoodles for the choir reception on Saturday... 60 cookies gone in a flash!
    • misc. counter items put away

There's still plenty of non-dishwasher items that need to be washed up.
    Dh went to his parent's to clean up in their basement where the sewer backed-up through a drain.

HeatherW-- Hope your ac keeps going.

Michelle-- What big project do you have going?

Angela-- Yes. It was a wonderful weekend. I love just spending time together. Someday my wish of having others totally pick up and clean up "just because they want to" may come true, but I basically have no expectations for that, so if it ever does happen I'll end up in full shock.

A fun side-note. Dh and the boys gave me a wildflower field guide yesterday as a gift. I already had one, but they didn't know. Anyway, I went outside to close up the sandbox before the rains came, and found some lovely wildflowers growing in the grass. We have bunches of wild violets all over the backyard, which I told dh he wasn't allowed to spray, but these are something totally new to me. I went back out with my camera and took some pictures but they aren't in either field guide. Really? So I'm still going to have to google to find the answer.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

I'm having a few quiet minutes...

It sounds like everyone is having a good day!

So far for me today:
    -took Keeper to the vet - oral surgery
    -the dc had piano lessons
    -took Elvis to the vet - an eye procedure
    -took Boyo to the dr - he had a head injury and it was a little worrisome; things look good, though
    -home for a bit, so made some phone calls. I have a few more to make. Ate lunch. Watched the fire truck at the neighbor's... ???
    -a friend of Boyo's is unexpectedly at the park for a while, so I am heading over there to drop him, then to the bank with Belle, then to pick Keeper up, then back home for laundry and maybe a little nap...

I'm feeling mentally stuck: I have a lot I could be doing, but a big project has my wheels turning, and I can't really do anything with it until I hear back from the contractors involved.

Have a great day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 17yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 11yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Checking in quickly...
    *cleaned both bathrooms on the list
    *emptied dd's entire dresser so we could scoot it out and change the lamp
    *refilled dressed
    *vacuumed in kids' rooms, landing, stairs, living room, my closet, and our bedroom
    *cleaned out fridges
    *prepped dinner
    *school done
    *have been adding to my grocery list through the day--still need to place the order
    *pulled a bunch of stuff from my closet
    *read several Incorrigibles chapters with the kids

I think that's it...back to working on my closet some more while I'm feeling motivated!

Cindy - What a thoughtful gift! I saw your IG post and I swear someone else just posted a picture of those in a FB group I am in....
    Hugs to you on the cleaning up! Dan is pretty good about helping, but only likes to do certain things. I just make sure that the things I leave undone are the ones he doesn't mind doing

Jen - Sounds like a productive day!

Robin - I've felt the same way! I have tons to do, but just haven't felt up to a big project.

Joelle - That sounds like a great idea for a class!

up date:
    laundry
    bathroom wipedown
    school
    read aloud
    made a sugar-free treat for community group

up next:
    heat up left-overs
    get ready for community group
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Lindsey -- enjoy your trip & being tour guide

Jen -- you are moving along on the cleaning. Way To Go!!

Cindy -- your weekend sounds amazing!! I ask for the same thing every mothers day and it doesn't happen My house was horrible today too. Nice present. No big project yet. I keep looking but haven't gotten up the courage yet..

Angela -- hope the hives go away soon

Paige -- my step granddad passed away Thursday. Car text earlier today and said...it's hot!! YAY for getting business done before swimming. And YAY for swimming!!

Heather -- YIKES hope the ac continues to work. Hope your trip is going smoothly

Shay -- hope your trip has gone smoothly

Joelle -- your mother's day and the co-op class sound nice. Paige and I live 6-7 hours apart. My boys traveled 5 hours from home today.

Robin -- man you had the dr visits going on today! Hope you hear from contractor and can get moving on your next project.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Had gotten behind but now I am caught up on laundry. I have 1 load ready to start tonight or in the morning. It isn't full yet but dh work clothes should fill it up.

Went to the bank, paid bills, library, McDonald's & Big Lots. Met friends at McD and had a coke and fries I was only going to have a coke but man those fries smelled good. I love their fries.

The house looks much better. Well at least much better than it did yesterday
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 19yo ds, 16yo ds

Home from all the Forestry running around.
    Plus, the neighbor boys called our boys and wanted them to come play at the creek. They normally walk through the woods, but since it was initially just Ben, I took him over there. Then went to the next town over and ran into Piggly Wiggly for just a few things, and then I got Cale from Forestry. Drove back home via the neighbors and dropped him off to play (I'd taken "mud" clothes for him to change into ).

Came home to finish working on supper -- beef tips in the IP, rice, peas, peaches, and biscuits. Not the healthiest, but yummy

Been helping Katie with an outline for her Early College Research paper. She's done it, but I've gone over ideas with her to double-check that she's on the right track We talked about her thesis and narrowed it properly. She's good

Timer's going off..... Gotta go!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)