Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- living rooms, great rooms, family rooms, play rooms, and it could be other common areas like kitchens, school rooms, bathrooms, whatever. Pick a project in those areas where everyone hangs out.

School Challenge: Tuesday book challenge! New reading assignments, read alouds, rearrange books, strew new books for the week, organize books, and prep library business.

Inspiring Thought: For to do two things at once is to do each one only half as well as one is truly able. - Penelope Lumley

For me today:
    • get some breakfast
    • make a plan- check for a pharmacy (forgot my Zyrtec)
    • head over to my parent's cabin
    • visit
    • head back to our SWEET accommodations

We arrived last night at about 9:30 to our friends' house. Oh my WORD! It's beautiful! They had converted a barn to their home in NY and I'd heard from their son when they first moved that they did it again. Now it's not a barn, but it's made to look like one. Glorious! It is a lovely respite for my soul on this trip. Truly.

It was good to see my dad yesterday. He looks so tired....

Thanks for your prayers. The weather was wild!

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I hope you have a good visit today!

We had the longest 4H meeting everrrrrr last night. Then I got caught up in my book and didn't get to bed until late. It's a good thing I was productive during the day because I definitely was not later on!

Today's plans:
    *laundry
    *bank
    *Party City
    *Target
    *grocery pick up
    *school
    *work on skillathon cards
    *have kids paint boards to prep art project
    *register for local hs expo
    *swimming
    *trash/recycling out

It's sooo nice to not have writing and PE now--and today is our last day of swimming lessons for a couple of weeks!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Heather -- praying for your visit! Glad ya'll had a safe trip through the crazy weather, and I'm so glad the place you're staying is peaceful and lovely!

Jen -- Yikes on the long meeting! Hope you have a good day!

CINDY -- meant to tell you yesterday that I think the wildflower book is Enjoy!

Today:
    * M and C have math. K is at work til 2.
    * Ben and I need to run to WM at some point
    * Vacuum downstairs
    * Laundry -- again and always.... the perpetual.... I need to do our sheets and there are lots of towels (it's swimming season)
    * Watching kids for a friend of mine this afternoon at 2 -- they'll swim with my boys, and another friend may be coming with her kids for a bit
    * go to the church at 5 to go over food stuff for the wedding this weekend. My friend Tracie's (our preacher's wife) oldest dd is getting married this weekend. She's 19 and is one of K's good friends (kind of a shock to me -- K has 2 good friends getting married this summer). While they're having a nice, big wedding, they're trying to be economical, so they're not having the food catered; they've asked people from the church to help make stuff -- they're buying all the food, but others are fixing it for them. (We did this for someone else's wedding, too.) All the "cold" stuff is being made at my house on Friday, and 3 other ladies (and some kids) are coming to help do it all -- we're going to make pasta salad (add the tomatoes Saturday), spinach dip, fruit, and lemon curd "shooters" for 350 people. We'll get it to the church to put in the fridge. Then, Saturday, another lady and I from the church will help get it all prepped, but she's hired 2 people I know to be the "caterers" to switch out hot stuff, refill platters, do drinks, etc. So, we're all meeting at the church tonight to go over logistics. Whew! Needless to say, it's going to be a BUSY weekend!

Not much else going on.
    I got some more flower bulbs from a friend to plant today -- Cale's going to help me in a bit before it gets too hot.

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

Heather: That sounds wonderful! I don't know the whole back story with your dad but I hope you enjoy the time with them. I have seen a house converted from a barn here in KS....it was so awesome! People can be so creative!

Jen: We didn't have a 4-H meeting but that is my biggest habit I want to work on....early bedtime. I lose track of time when I start doing "my" stuff once people are in bed and seems to always get to bed way too late. I even set a time to go to bed and time just passes so quickly!

Today's Plans:
    Take one of our vehicles in for repairs
    I have my yearly physical with Dr. today
    Overall clean-up in house
    Clean upstairs bathroom

My hubby is off today so the rest of the time will be family time

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - So glad the place you are staying is a respite! Praying for your time with your Dad and for the kids at home too!
    Glad you made it safely!

Jen - I hope your day goes smoothly! Enjoy that extra margin in your schedule!

Brooke - Enjoy your family time!

Paige - That is so nice of you to help out!

My seasonal allergies are really bothering me today, so I am having a slow start!

for today:
    school
    laundry - I am behind too and haven't even washed all the winter stuff yet!
    dinner on a bun - baseball practice
    PTE/ grocery list
    e-mail elder re: women's social etc.

Have a great day ladies!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela -- how are your hives? Getting better? Do you feel better with them or still itchy?
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thanks for praying - today will be hard. I didn't sleep well at all. I never do the first night anywhere. It's a hard thing in a VERY hard environment.

The Virginia countryside is beautiful this morning!

Good morning!

Today's list:
    • Write co-op class description
    • Work on living room - deep clean
    • Zumba class tonight
    • Help dc with misc. school
    • Tidy whole house
    • Read some

Heather - glad you made it safely. I always sleep poorly the first night anywhere also. Hope you have good visits with your family and God gives you the strength you need for the day.

Brooke - enjoy the day with your dh at home! I also do poorly going to bed at a good time. I hope to fix that also - hard when it is light until 10 pm here during the summer! I seem to need that 'wind down after dark' time every evening.

Paige - so nice of you to help with the food for the wedding. I would think it would be somewhat fun to be working with all the other people prepping food at your home.

Jen - I agree, it is nice to have activities finish up. My kids still have parkour/tumbling until the end of the month. Then that will be done for the summer also! Woohoo!

Michelle - do your sons drive 5 hours each way in the same day? Or do they stay overnight somewhere?

Have a lovely day!

Heather -- Enjoy the visit with your dad. Glad you have nice accommodations.

Jen -- YIKES on long meeting. I tend to get caught up in my book too.

Paige -- that is so nice of you to help with food. You are a good friend!

Shay - hope vehicle & dr go good

Angela -- hope you get some relief from allergies soon!

Heard from my boys this morning. They said they slept good. That is a good thing. Had breakfast and are at the next town already working.

I had thought I would sleep in but if course woke super early. Wondering if boys slept, if they woke & got moving on time. Then dss started texting me. I thought about going back to sleep but my brain was in overdrive

So far:
    • lots of texting -- boys, friends, group/business stuff
    • coffee shop..drive thru..ok shouldn't have went but was wanting one of their speciality drinks so bad. Have gift card from Christmas
    • laundry load 1 in dryer
    • cleaned porch chairs
    • watched city trim limbs

Been enjoying my porch too! Right now it is really nice. But will be in the 90s soon.

I am going to try and get started on a project soon. When I decide which one I will let y'all know
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Heather - I hope you have a wonderful trip. Glad your place is so delightful!

Jen - I totally get an unproductive evening. Hope your day is a great one!

Paige - You are so sweet to help with the wedding! We have a good friend getting married this week-end too. I'm going to help decorate on Friday.

Brooke - I hope your dr appt goes smoothly and that the rest of the day is a fun family day!

Angela - I hope you feel better soon!

Joelle - Hope your day is a great one. What co-op class are you working on?

Michelle - Glad your boys made it safely. Enjoy your porch time. Its starting to get hot here too.

Very late night (working with 18yo on math) and not enough sleep for several days in a row so I slept in. Very. Slow. Start. for everyone! Up working on math and then a bit of my book before bed. I'm at the end and just needed to have a bit more before sleeping.

Today:
    *Speech therapy this afternoon
    *Send out emails about teen co-ops for next year - done!
    *Work some on application for dual enroll for 16yo
    *School work
    *General tidy in school room.
    *EOY party tonight for speech and debate club - and then we are out. This will free up a LOT of time.
    *Need to work on yearbook for our FIAR group - not sure it will happen today.

My house is a mess in many spots as I have started sorting things to go. I need some bins to put some things in to organize what will go where in order to leave the house. Gotta run now. Have a great day!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).