Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Just popping in. We had quite the big of car trouble yesterday and just finished fixing it. Sigh. PTL for my two boys! They saved us lots of time and money.

Leaving shortly to head home. Please pray we have no more troubles. Weather might be crazy in areas, so it will be an interesting ride home...

Heather, saw you arrived safely. have a good visit and hope it's everything you and your dad both need!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Good afternoon!

Paige, that is so nice of you to do all that! I am sure it is appreciated!

Brooke, enjoy your family time!

Angela, I'm sorry you're dealing with allergies now! You need a break!

Joelle, what is the class you're going to teach?

Michelle, yay for the coffee! I hope it was delicious!

Leslie, I'm glad you got to sleep in! I thought about it...but it's a good thing I didn't since both my kids got up early. ha!

Shay, praying for safe travels for you all today!

We ended up being out quite a while...we are looking for fairy wings and I was sure we could find them somewhere. Nope!
    *read to kids
    *bank
    *dropped two garbage bags full of clothes at Goodwill
    *Party City
    *Toys R Us
    *Target
    *grocery pick up
    *picked up dd's friend and brought her home with us

I wasn't planning on dd's friend coming over, but it will be fine. Since PE is out, they don't get to see each other on a regular basis, so they needed some time to play! I'll tackle the groceries and do some school with ds and probably work on the cards.

Good Afternoon!
    We've been having some sun, some clouds, and some rain today. A nice mix for getting some things done.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • showed dh the wildflowers and chatted about them... found out they are Star of Bethlehem
    • washed up the utensils and put misc. things away in the kitchen
    • worked on math notebook and getting that set to finish
    • morning and afternoon school with ds11
    • updated the school planner/journal
    • spent time looking through recipes... I need to get back into some kind of meal planning again.. I've been a huge slacker
    • did a lot social media time

OK. I need to get back to something productive. I need to brain dump a list. That would probably help me not to feel so scattered right now.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Hope everyone's having a good afternoon so far.

I finished up the living room It is a larger room, so more cleaning, but we tend to keep very little in there, so there was minimal decluttering. We need to get the carpets cleaned - it has been awhile and they look rather gross. We're going to hire someone to do that room and one or two others with a coupon for a good deal. Worth it for us to pay the money for someone else to do it instead of us renting a cleaner. Hopefully we'll get to that next week.

Wrote the description for the class and submitted it. I'm told it looks good! Yea!

Leslie and Jen - I mentioned in passing what the class was a day or two ago. It will be a 'photo - journaling' class. Basically scrapbooking, but with an emphasis on telling the stories behind the pictures. We'll do different things like write a haiku and cinquain, practice 1st and 3rd person point of view, etc. The plan is for each student to have 10 completed pages with 2 photos and 2 journal boxes on each page. In theory it should be super! We'll see what really happens in the fall

School has been worked on. Ds is dragging his feet and still has his phonics for today. I will probably sit by him after this to get him moving again!

Then it will be tidying up the whole house, making dinner, and going to Zumba at 7. Will probably do some reading also.

Michelle - do your sons often travel for work? Was this their first time doing that? How long will they be gone?

Shay - glad your sons could fix your car. Safe travels home!

Cindy - nice that you figured out what the flowers are. I'm going to google them now .....pretty!!

Have a lovely afternoon!

Leslie -- glad you could sleep in

Shay -- glad you boys could fix it! Praying no more problems. My guys had car trouble yesterday too.

Jen -- good mom for letting friend come over! No fairy wings?

Cindy -- did you find some good recipes? I have been a slacker too.

Joelle -- WAY TO GO on the living room! Hope you can find a good deal on carpet cleaning!

Ds1 works with a man that has a lawn mowing service and ac cleaning service (for nursing homes, the individual room units & outside units).

They do local & travel with the ac jobs. Mostly there and back in same day, even the job closer to Paige. This time the schedule had a job on the way back home so they stayed the night. There are a couple 2 day jobs so they spend the night. Ds1 started all this last spring.

Ds2 just helps with a few of the ac jobs. He started this past fall. He has done more jobs this spring than he did in fall.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Hey everyone!

We made it safely back to our stay over place. So glad to have a spot that is not a hotel to sleep in and it's quiet and big here.

Thankfully, we keep running between rain storms- we skirt the edge of some big storms around here as we drive.

We had a good visit with my parents again today and tomorrow we'll leave here and visit again before heading north to home.

Ladies, I'm going to need some BIG prayer for tomorrow morning and our departure. It's going to be HARD. My dad is fading. He has some great moments, but his oxygen levels plummet just talking. It's not good. We've had some great moments during our visit with both of my parents. Dan has done some work around. I'm keeping them company and hanging out. I watched parts of untold numbers of Law and Order today.

We are beat. Tomorrow will be SO HARD.

But for now, I'm going to relax and wind down for hopefully a great night's sleep.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather, I understand. I am so sad at the thought of what you're facing. I will pray for you tonight.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Praying Heather
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Praying for you this morning, Heather
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather, praying...
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)