Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- living rooms, great rooms, family rooms, play rooms, and it could be other common areas like kitchens, school rooms, bathrooms, whatever. Pick a project in those areas where everyone hangs out.

School Challenge: School flat surfaces and art supplies- organize them and USE them. What sorts of art are you doing with your kids?

Inspiring Thought: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Phillipians 4:13

For me today:
    • pack up our stuff
    • breakfast
    • head to my parent's cabin
    • head on home via CFA and a milkshake- which I will clearly need.
    • enjoy my kids this evening!

Ladies, I appreciate your prayer for our day. One of the hardest I will face. Also, please pray for safety on the way home.

You all have a wonderful day! Wednesday already!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Holding you up in prayer for your time with your dad today, Heather, and for your travels.

I got up this morning and finished my book. Priorities. And I figured I'd be more productive today if I wasn't trying to fit it in.
    *school
    *laundry
    *mowing--probably just the front yard
    *ds to orthodontist
    *Goodwill--2 more bags of clothes to drop
    *have dd write thank you cards and make sure we have her church teacher gifts together--get more if needed
    *artist study/tea time
    *dd to gymnastics
    *GAs--last night, so we might go by Andy's afterward

And I should work on those skillathon cards....and the pantry...and the closet....

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning!

I put you on my prayer list today, Heather.

We were just gifted with a lot of art supplies so today's declutter is perfect!

Jen: haha, love that you finished your book. Mother Culture, I say! You will be more happy today because you finished that book <#

Today:
    Just did some Bible Time and journaling with music and coffee. A habit that I am trying to form because it starts my day off right.
    Laundry
    Finish cleaning bathroom
    All 3 kiddos have Dr's appts (just well-child checks)
    Exercise
    Pick up vehicle from shop ($800 later )
    Pack up e-bay book I sold and take to post office
    Then, I want to do something with the kids...I have to plan these things or times flies and I forget!

Have a great day, everybody!

Good morning, all!

Heather -- I've been thinking about you all morning. Praying

Jen -- Enjoy focusing on priorities

Brooke -- about car repairs. UGH! It's always something, isn't it?!?!?

Everyone else I read last night but didn't take time to comment.... Hope ya'll have a good day!

Here:
    * woke up with a major headache. Lots of storm clouds/pressure around, and I think that's affecting my head Just took some meds. Hopefully, it'll ease off.
    * worked on organizing all the food stuff that my friend Tracie dropped off last night. JOELLE -- I think you mentioned that the getting together and working on prep sounded fun. That was the idea -- that it would be a fun social gathering of ladies/teens to help someone else Good stuff!
    * We usually do church softball (just for fun) on Thursdays nights and order pizza (Spring/early summer). Well so many people are involved with the wedding that that's out for Thursday. I told my friend that hosts that that maybe we could just come here and swim. Now i'm 2nd guessing that. Ya'll know I'm usually up for anything, but I'm thinking that might be biting off TOO much. Not only do I have all the food prep for Friday going on at my house, I also have company coming Friday to spend the weekend with us (a family of 6) -- they're coming for the wedding but are staying for the weekend. Just not sure I can have 25-30 people here Thursday evening. My nerves might not making it I'm thinking I'm gonna need a day!

* already planted more flowers this morning with Cale -- this is probably it (another friend was digging up bulbs and giving me a bunch)
    * more laundry -- guest room sheets and towels
    * head to town about lunch -- gotta go by the consignment place AND then I have my yearly appnt at 1:15 with a new dr (hopefully that will go well)
    * not sure what supper is -- need to figure that out
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Praying for you, HW!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Heather -- praying for you sweet friend

Jen -- yes book is priority!!

Brooke -- find something fun today! After dr & car repairs you definitely need it!

Paige -- hope your headache goes away!! Uh call your friend and say...sorry need to cancel swimming, totally forgot something that night. You forgot YOU NEED that day for all you are doing!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Another pretty day. Suppose to be a few degrees cooler.

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • load regular laundry washed & moved to dryer or hanging rack
    • stripped my bed & sheets into washer
    • enjoyed porch

Today:
    • sheets
    • pick a spot & work
    • bank?? ds2 wants to cash his check
    • store?? ds2 mentioned needing something
    • suppe

r
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning!
    It's a mostly cloudy day with a chance of rain, but it's a lovely 64*F right now. We'll stay in the upper 70's. Perfect for getting things done. I hope.

Ds11 is fighting something. A sore throat on Monday, as things were running. Yesterday he felt better and did a bunch of stuff, but last night he was feeling down again. Now it's settled a bit in his chest I think. He's still sleeping this morning.

Erica is coming home tonight and has Thursday and Friday off! She rarely gets 2 days off in a row, so she's coming here to pack up what she wants for the new apartment she'll be moving into in a couple weeks. We get to go shopping for apartment things! Dh found her a very nice table at Goodwill yesterday for $55. No chairs with it though, so we'll be hitting more thrift stores to look for chairs. And she needs a couch of some sort. Not sure how much luck we'll have with that one, but you never know. She may have an empty living room for awhile.

Then on Friday afternoon we'll be heading up north to visit ddApril and go to Grand Rapids symphony. This will be the first time we've been able to get up there for one of the concerts with the symphony chorus. I'm excited for that!

So far I haven't gotten much done. Just a piddling around and reading, and now it's past 10 already.

For TODAY:
    • try and get some school with ds11
    • go to WM for a few things and a return
    • clean the main bathroom
    • what's for supper?

Common Area: Table Piles... both on it and behind it. Oy.
    School challenge: computer desk needs a tidy, and my book pile by the couch

Have a great day!

HeatherW-- Praying for your visit and more great moments.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Heather - I'm praying for you too! Thankful for the good times you are having and praying for more.

Jen - Great job on getting things to goodwill! I have piles all over the house. I do have a box started in the garage for goodwill. Yay on finishing the book. I stayed up to finish mine last night.

Brooke - Have fun doing art today. Please share what y'all end up doing.

Paige - Agreeing with you that you should cancel swim plans for Thu night. Just let it be a time of rest before the busy, full week-end.

Michelle - Enjoy your day and porch time. Its getting cooler here too. Need to get out and enjoy before it rains.

Cindy - Enjoy your time with your girls! It all sounds like a lot of fun!

Joelle - Your class sounds like fun. What age group is it designed for?

Common area - Kitchen - move things that tend to gather there and put them where they belong.
    School challenge - Art. Eliana has rediscovered dot paints and liking that. We will try another one today. I need to do more arts/crafts with her.

The End of year ceremony last night was very nice (speech and debate). They ended up giving flowers to the 4 of us not returning. (3 with seniors and me). Very sweet and encouraging words said which was a very sweet way to end our time with this group.

Today - NO plans outside of the house for me!!! I love these days.

*Bike ride with Eliana - get that in before the rain hits
    *School work - Get the boys to work through their lists and try to knock some subjects out. My boys are wanting to get some work done thru the summer, so that will be a nice thing as the 18yo will be working all summer long. This should give a head start to the other two so we can take time off as needed/wanted during the year. I'd rather work in the summer and take off in the fall anyway.
    *Teen co-ops - Working on getting those organized for the next year. Need to start getting days/time/people sorted and organized. Trying to start back our traveling field trips (around the state) combined with state history.
    *Yearbook - I need to keep loading pics
    *Transcript - Need to work on one for my 16yo in order to apply to the community college for fall.

That's it for now. Need to go get more school work done - and that bike ride.

Have a great day!
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Cindy -- 64 sounds lovely Enjoy Erica!!!!! So glad she can come home!

Michelle -- know you're glad the boys are home!

Leslie -- you are the field trip QUEEN!!! I think it's awesome!

I DID cancel Thursday night swim (I'd only mentioned it to one person anyway). She said she woke up this morning thinking that it would be too much for me, and I woke up thinking the same thing, too. Yep. Cancelled. Funny -- she offered to come help me on Thursday with all that needs to be done that day. I had to be honest and tell her that she comes with four YOUNG children (4-10) who would want to swim, and I told her that I appreciated her offer very much but that adding 4 kids to the chaos really wouldn't help me much She said she understood! HA!

******* BIG ITEM -- Ya'll please pray for me to have wisdom and the right words to say -- I'm on the board of our coop and am meeting with the "leader" today to talk about some things I'm seeing that are not okay. Not sure how it's going to be received. I really want her to see my heart and see that it's not an attack on her but there's something bigger going on that needs to be "seen" (and I don't think she's seeing -- and 5 of the 7 board members feel the same way). We didn't want to talk to her together because it would feel like confrontation or an attack, and that's NOT my intention, but my words need to be RIGHT and perfect.

Up next is a quick lunch then run errands in town, then go to the dr and then go meet about board stuff.

Supper???? Maybe I'll stop by Aldi and get some chicken salad and croissants????? I have a watermelon. That sounds good in this hot weather.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)