Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

good afternoon! (evening? )

so far today:
    • minimal school with dc - we're getting so close!!
    • Psalm 6
    • library run
    • quick grocery run
    • worked on school room - LOTS to declutter/sort in there!!
    • Emptied dishwasher

Up next:
    • put in a load of laundry
    • make dinner
    • go to gym
    • maybe more work in school room

Heather - glad you had a good trip, even with all the hard stuff

Angela - jumping in the rain - how fun!

Paige - hope you didn't have to wait too long at the dr. Hope your meeting went well - I hate hard conversations like that!

Leslie - how is Joshua now? Hope everything stabilizes.
    My photo journaling class for co-op is for 4th - 8th graders.
    I did a bunch of state related field trips when dd was in 4th grade - traditional year to do Idaho History here. I'll hopefully do that again in '19/'20 when ds is in 4th grade.

Cindy - where is Erica living? Since I had been off here for about 9 months I don't know. Although maybe she had already moved before that and I forgot - sorry! Enjoy your time with her!

Brooke - sorry for the car repair expense - boo! Are you studying a particular part of the Bible? I'm going through the Psalms using a book my sil gave me for Christmas. I'm enjoying it!

Jen - good job getting rid of stuff and taking it in to donate. Often times I have a big pile that I forget to take in for awhile and it just sits there and mocks me

Michelle - glad you are getting to enjoy your porch!

Have a great evening!

Heather -- sounds like things went as well as they could. Continuing to pray for you

Leslie -- how's Joshua? How are YOU?

Cindy -- birthdays make it real, don't they?!?!

Michelle -- thanks for thinking of me.

My afternoon turned out nothing like planned. Had to cancel my meeting because the dr got caught up in a delivery that turned into a C-section. They told me she should be there by 3, possibly earlier. She got there at 3:30. But, by then I'd waited so long, I didn't want to cancel and have to come back for possibly the same thing to happen. Yikes!
    Meanwhile, she told me that, basically, my bc pills are no longer an option with high blood pressure. I'm only on bc pills because of all the other YUCK that comes with 40+ and awful migraines. She's recommending the merina iud. I'm scared about it affecting LIFE and not working on pain and massive bleeding (although she says that should be covered). Migraines could be much better or much worse Very unsettling..... But, stroke or blood clots is not a good option, either..... Anyone have any iud experience? Personal, I know, but I need some advice and reassurance!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Joelle: I am reading through it chronologically but am skipping the Old Testament laws this time around. I found a reading plan that goes chronologically with all prophets, narratives, etc., basically the storyline so I am doing that. It is really need to see the whole story when it occurred!

How do you guys remember what other people said when you reply?? I have a hard time replying to everybody! Maybe just practice!!

The vehicle ended up needing more repairs so that is super frustrating.

Our well child checks went great, oldest grew 3 inches in a year, my middle 2 inches, and my youngest grew FIVE inches in 18 months! Now I understand why all my meal plans that are suppose to last 2 weeks only last 10 days!!!

Good night everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke A View Post
    How do you guys remember what other people said when you reply?? I have a hard time replying to everybody! Maybe just practice!!
    I don't know about everyone else, but here's what I do:

I scroll back and forth from reply to what people wrote in their posts. I'm on my laptop, not a phone or other device. I think it would be harder that way.

Paige - hope you find some good advice. I have no experience in that area.

My workout tonight was great! It is a class called 'high fitness'. Like zumba it has choreographed moves to songs, but it is a better workout. It is only offered once a week, so hopefully I can make it a lot.

My room cleaning might be put on hold for a few days. We'll be having out of town guests from Thurs - Sun. We'll have to do a quick clean of the bathrooms tomorrow and set up sleeping areas. One area is in the school room, so I'm glad I worked in there today!

Hope everyone sleeps well!

Brooke- I scroll back and forth to see what others have said. Generally, as I read I think of a comment about what someone has shared. If I forget, I scroll back and I try not to miss anyone, but it happens sometimes. Most of the time when I am here I am on my laptop. Occasionally I check on my phone like today while I was in the car forever.

We are HOME! The kids were overjoyed to see us and they did really well while we were gone! We were too tired to hear everything, so I'm sure there will be more catching up to do tomorrow.

We brought everything in from the van and threw out some trash. I had Joshua start some boy laundry and I switched it to the dryer or the rack. They could have done it while I was gone, but I think he forgot to mention it. They can do laundry no problem. No on thought of it.

Everyone is excited because we have haircuts tomorrow- at least the three of us who see this new stylist. We need them!

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Paige, I've had one for almost 14 years. I'll pm you!

HW - So glad your trip went well and that the kids did well at home too!

Paige - Sorry your meeting was cancelled! Continuing to pray for you as you reschedule.

Michelle - No, I did not find any desks.

Last night, dh and I "discussed" the room change. For whatever reason, whenever we talk about decorating it always ends up a bit of an argument. He never agrees with my ideas, at least not at first.
    He doesn't understand why we have so many books and need more bookshelves. Also, he wants all the kids to have desks that look the same, but we don't have money in the budget for new matching desks so.....
    Honestly, it is not that big of a deal, if this is what we argue about, then we are doing pretty good - it is just now how I wanted to spend my evening - ha!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.