Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- living rooms, great rooms, family rooms, play rooms, and it could be other common areas like kitchens, school rooms, bathrooms, whatever. Pick a project in those areas where everyone hangs out.

School Challenge: School storage spots- cabinets, shelves, etc

Inspiring Thought:
    What is most important and valuable about the home as a base for children's growth into the world is not that it is a better school than the schools, but that it isn't a school at all. - John Holt

For me today:
    • laundry- started with the laundry from our trip
    • call in med refills- a reminder of our own health issues here
    • reorient myself to life here- with my calendar and bujo list
    • school- see what the kids did while I was out, do more today
    • play a game
    • hair cuts at 2pm
    • mall- target for meds at a minimum
    • choir dinner- last practice of the year at the director's home along with dinner
    • blog work- my affiliate page is ready to go!

Good morning! It's good to be home! The sun is out and it will be cooler than 90. At 70* I can hang my clothes out which will be lovely. Dh is home today- he'll work from home this afternoon.

We are all over due for haircuts and I hope the woman does just as great a job as last time!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Heather W; 05-17-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I hope re-entry goes well today! Enjoy the sun!

*laundry
    *school
    *skillathon cards--seriously
    *swim team
    *volunteering
    *library
    *meeting about possible classes for next year
    *grocery store

I got up late and still haven't showered. I have no dinner plan, but dh is working tonight so we'll grab something when we go to the store. It's feeling very May around here.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good BEAUTIFUL morning

I have been enjoying the sunshine, birds, squirrels and cooler air on my porch this morning. It is only 73 at the moment.

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • report & paperwork complete
    • load laundry washed & moved to drying
    • made bed
    • ate light breakfast

Rest of day:
    • 1 more load laundry
    • gather secret sister gift
    • store
    • supper -- figure out & fix early
    • mom's meeting

I did something to my back. I think it involved the step ladder, reaching, slipping. Not feeling so great.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

Heather, glad you made it home okay. Haircuts (if done well) can be so refreshing so I hope they are you guys today!

Jen, seems like a busy today! Funny how Spring makes us change our habits, makes us want to slow down and smell the roses!

Michelle, Oh no, I hope your back gets better quickly, not a fun thing. We had a good rain yesterday, yay, so the birds are loud here as well!

Today
    edit a youtube video and schedule it
    exercise
    quiet time (fail this morning.....making new habits is challenging!)
    weed my garden
    vacuum and mop
    take my daughter to her first piano recital EVER <3

Jen- Ok, then I guess yesterday I was really asking about the skillathon cards. Are they 4-H?

Brooke- What's your video about? I hope the recital goes well!

Michelle- How was your porch time this morning? Dan is weed whacking and will mow after, but I was out hanging my laundry. I'll try again when he's done mowing.

So far:
    • started today's laundry- first up were the allergin filled clothes from our trip
    • unpacked our suitcases- and put them away
    • wiped down the counters and kitchen table
    • swept the kitchen floor
    • checked in with the kids on school- currently working on school
    • loaded and started the dishwasher
    • started the next load of laundry
    • yard work is in progress- giant grass bush is pruned and the clippings are in the brush pile
    • trimming is done- hopefully he'll do the garden next time
    • mowing has now started
    • blog work- loaded a creative into the affiliate section of my site

I'm working with some Algebra now and will get the laundry out on the line again soon.

It's the first mow and the grass is thick. I feel badly for dh because his boys are not up for mowing. Sigh. And as much of an I can do anything girl that is R, she does not want to mow. She is really good with the rest of the yard work though. He got rid of our self propelled mower. If we still had it, I'd mow.

Ok...onward!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I started a channel awhile back that has to do with FIAR and homeschooling in general. It is a hobby for me. I love talking about homeschool and my hubby tries to be a good listener lol but I talk about it a lot. So this is a way for me to share what I enjoy. The channel is called Simplicity If anybody knows of other FIAR mommas who youtube please let me know and I will sub to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    Jen- Ok, then I guess yesterday I was really asking about the skillathon cards. Are they 4-H?
    They are! I guess I wasn't thinking about them because I wasn't working on them! District Contest Days is coming up at the end of May. The kids are each entering items they won with at the Fashion Revue and then they're both trying some skillathons. I think it's basically matching pictures to items, so I'm trying to get flash cards done for animal breeds. It's only $1 for each entry, so it's not the end of the world if they fail horribly, but it would be good stuff to learn anyway, so we'll see what we can do.

Done with laundry, school, and I worked some on the cards. Gotta run to swim team soon!!

Hello Ladies,

so far today:
    school
    laundry
    cleaning & decluttering in the boy's room
    downstairs bathroom

up next:
    kids are taking showers
    dinner?
    Ash to dance class
    If dh gets home in time, I will go to a used book sale
    dh has guys' night in the garage

Have a great night ladies!

- - - Updated - - -

HW - enjoy your choir dinner!

Brooke - Your channel sounds cool!

Michelle - I hope your back is feeling better!

Jen - The skillathon cards sound interesting!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good afternoon!

Our weekend guests arrived just before lunch. They are now napping (had to be up at 4:30 am this morning!).

Here's what I accomplished before they arrived:
    • Cleaned bathrooms
    • Prepared bedroom areas for them
    • Started kids on school
    • Put dinner in crock pot
    • Ds helped me put in a load of his laundry

Now just relaxing until going to Zumba at 7. We might play some games with our guests - yea!

Angela - hope you get to go to the sale

Brooke - your videos sound interesting. I might have to check them out!

Heather - my dh just recently got a self-propelled lawn mower. He was tired of pushing ours all the time. Hope it wasn't too hard for Dan.

Michelle - hope your back is feeling better

Have a good afternoon and evening!

Brooke- how fun! I love the name of the channel. I'll have to check it out. I blog at Blog, She Wrote and have tons of FIAR content.

Joelle- I insisted on a self propelled mower when we bought our first house, but it was time to let that one go and Dan's dad gave us his when they moved to their first over 55 community.

AR- I hope the sale works out tonight and if not, celebrate with National Notebook Day in your bujo or your nature journal!

Jen- I thought those cards had to be 4-H. Good luck getting them done!

Update:
    • hung out the second load of laundry
    • had recycling bins put away in the garage
    • yard was finished- looks trim
    • watered and put out all the flowers- from Mother's Day and the MOPS tea (three pansies and a large lily). R can plant them in the front bed.
    • watered the herbs- from the tea which are in my window sill (I got a lot of plants that night!)
    • placed some flowering quince blossoms in water- in a tall ball jar These are perfect for sketching!
    • hair cuts- our new stylist is slow but she is so good. Joshua's needs to be shorter next time. I have the right picture to show. Made new appts for 4.5 weeks instead of 5. We can't go that long.
    • sent some blog emails- one about my new courses and one about the move for my writer's workshop to the eCourse format. I hope some workshop folks move over. The new format will be so fun for everyone!
    • worked on what the boys will have for dinner- because three of us are leaving for the choir dinner soon.
    • enjoyed checking out national notebooking day on instagram- at the hair appt. Because it's fun to follow people who notebook!

That's about it here. The yard looks great and I love my blossoms. Let me see if I can share the picture here. Must get it from my phone first.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20180517_132838_904.jpg