Thread: Dr Kathy Koch - Celebrate Kids

Default Dr Kathy Koch - Celebrate Kids

Y'all - have you heard this gal speak?! She is AMAZING!!! She spoke at our state conference this week and everyone loved her! She will be at HEAV (in VA) next week if you are going.

She has a blog, books and more. She is so encouraging and her style is gentle. She helps you to be the parent you want to be. To know how to encourage the best in your children. My 13yo loved her talk on the 8 smarts. He asked me to buy the book. Several times. He is very excited about knowing this about himself. (He is not one of the "traditional" smarts and this is helpful for him to know.)

Just wanted to share. PIck up a book for summer reading and get ready to be blessed!

Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Love her work- which is based on the research of Howard Gardner and multiple intelligences. You will understand your kids and how they work based on their strengths so much better.

Our kids' weaknesses are rooted in their strengths. That kid who's great with words? He's the one who will hurt people with words.

Oh yeah...she took some heady research and made it practical for parents and teachers. Your parenting will benefit from reading her stuff!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I agree. I heard her once last year and immediately went to every other workshop she gave that weekend.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

She was on Heidi St John's podcast last week as well! She's so good at what she does!
    Melissa, Five in a Row Staff - Community Manager
    Married 19 years to Robert. Homeschooling Jacob, 16, and Mattie, 12 all the way through.

"Once your enemy, now seated at your table. Jesus, thank you!" ~ Sovereign Grace Music

She spoke to our MOPS group back when all of my kids (well, the first three) qualified me as a member of MOPS. She was great, and I wanted to hear more of her for years. I'm glad she's still out there, and I hope her audience grows!
    Carol, mom to 22 yo, 21 yo, 19 yo, and 16 yo.
    I don't really care who did it. I just want you to clean it up.

I agree! She is so encouraging. I listened to the podcasts on Heidi St. John and it was wonderful.
    Blessed wife to Dan and Mama of 4 boys; Ezra (7/08), Jubal (9/10), Gideon (1/13), Boaz (6/16).